(Closed) secret to awesome abs

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: What's your secret to awesome abs?
    Bikram Yoga : (6 votes)
    6 %
    Any other Yoga : (9 votes)
    9 %
    Pilates (mat) : (15 votes)
    15 %
    Pilates (reformer) : (7 votes)
    7 %
    Megaformer : (0 votes)
    Barre Class : (8 votes)
    8 %
    Bootcamp : (10 votes)
    10 %
    Running : (23 votes)
    23 %
    Planks : (23 votes)
    23 %
  • Post # 32
    Member
    23 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2015

    @carbear02:  Diet is 70% of abs and the other 30% is all cardio and ab training. Everyone has abs, however, you need to shed the water and fat that cover your abdominal muscles. Cut out all processed foods from your diet, do cardio (any type) to burn more calories than you consume and sit ups! My fiance and I are into bodybuilding and fitness and this is what fitness competitors do for 6 pack abs. Its tough but it can be done 🙂

    Post # 33
    Member
    1252 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

    Abs are made in the kitchen

    Post # 34
    Member
    2250 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    Woops, wrong thread! Embarassed

     

     

     

    Post # 35
    Member
    198 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

    +1

    Post # 36
    Member
    7899 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

    Pilates is the best, I think. And planks are part of pilates. Some yoga is great too. Barre and running both require you to use a strong core and will therefore help, but I am inclined to think that pilates will produce awesome abs faster than Barre. I may be wrong.

    The key is to do exercise that produces functional results. Planks and yoga leg lifts and side planks and bicycle and all of that are much better than simple crunches and situps. And don’t forget about your back or your abs could cause you back pain if they are too strong in comparison.

    Of course you need a good diet or those amazing muscles will be hidden by a layer of insulation.

    Post # 37
    Member
    7899 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

    @cooperlove:  re: stretching, any good pilates or yoga routine or class will incorporate the stretches into the sequence.

    Post # 38
    Member
    78 posts
    Worker bee

    Diet and kettlebells

    The topic ‘secret to awesome abs’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors