Post # 1
So I have a question:
We sent out the save the dates and we already got people who said no. Now do I send them an invitation? I am not going to fill their spot with someone else.
Another thing is, I know when I get invites, even if I don’t go to the wedding, I send them something. So I mean we are having a budget wedding and accounting for a little of the cost to be downsized by the gifts that we get. That being said, should I just send it to them anyways to try to get a gift? or is that too shady?
I also want them to feel like we didn’t forget them too, i guess.
Post # 3
I think if you have sent them a STD, then you should send them an ivitation. You don’t know what plans may change. They may be able to come.
Post # 4
I agree with Tessabella. We eventually heard from some out of state friends who couldn’t make it after they received their STD, and I decided to send them invites anyway, since I already had them addressed. But Tessabella has a good point – if plans change, I’m sure they’d like to be assured that they’re still welcome! (Provided that they RSVP, of course.)
Post # 5
I agree that if you sent an STD, you should send an invite, even if they have told you they can’t come. Let their response be "official" with the RSVP b/c they may just change their mind, and it’s nice to know you care enough to formally invite them to your celebration.
Post # 6
sounds good, I am going to send it out then. awesome.