(Closed) Sent out an online survey to 15,000 undergraduate students today….

posted 8 years ago in College
Post # 4
600 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2006

Why do you think that’s not impressive anymore?  It sounds pretty impressive to me!  Undergrads are pretty difficult to get a hold of, let alone have any follow through.  My apologies to any undergrads who read this, please don’t take it personally!

Post # 5
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@LaurenK0105: No offense taken, I completely agree. I’m trying to get members of an organization I run to simply express an opinion about the future of the organization. It’s like pulling teeth.

@blondie_6547: I think that’s a great response! I know I answer maybe 1/2 the surveys that go to my email account.

Post # 6
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

That’s excellent! How many responses are you hoping to get overall, and how many would be enough to do what you need? For a thesis, you’re already off to a great start. Good luck with analysis!

Post # 7
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m in the same boat! We’re analyzing professional development efforts at a local school district, and have sent out a survey to the entire faculty at all 5 high schools in the district. We have to have the first part of our report done this Tuesday (front end analysis) and the last 30 pages of the report done by Ma7th. That’s exactly 1 week before my wedding. Yeah… I’ll totally be sane by then!

what survey instrument did you use? We used SurveyMonkey.

Post # 8
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

This is a great response rate! I know this, because I do this for a living.  Can you share your secret? What did your subject line and invitation say? 

You will see that you get the biggest bump within the first 24 hours, after that it trickles down.  Do you have any way of sending a reminder to non-responders after a few days?  This way you will likely see another, smaller bump.

Post # 10
2317 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Wow! That’s great news. I hope you thesis goes well! I remember working on mine and though it was really challenging it’s well worth the hassle. Keep up the good work!

Post # 11
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

having done a marketing resaearch class, i’m impressed with your results! that’s a decent response rate and i do hope more people reply too. i always complete surveys though now i’m kind of a jerk because i can’t help but silently critique the construction of any given survey. lol.

The topic ‘Sent out an online survey to 15,000 undergraduate students today….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors