(Closed) Sept 2010 brides – when are you planning to send out STDs?

posted 8 years ago in September 2010
  • poll: When will you send out STDs?
    January 2010 or earlier : (34 votes)
    49 %
    Feb/March 2010 : (30 votes)
    43 %
    April/May 2010 : (5 votes)
    7 %
    June 2010 or later : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    1684 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2010

We’re thinking of sending them out as Christmas cards/STD’s. This is just the 1st round though – mostly family & close friends and people who will be traveling far. We’re doing it in waves so that we don’t get stuck & aren’t able to cut the guest list. 

Post # 4
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

We probably won’t send them out until well after Christmas. Ours is a pretty small wedding, though, so fewer people to notify! I think 6-8 months before is definitely the right time period for us.

Post # 5
    1757 posts
    Buzzing bee

They’re done and going out with our holiday cards. Mostly because I’m too cheap to pay for postage twice 🙂

Post # 6
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

We are handing them out during all the Christmas celebrations to save on postage and confirm addresses.  A lot of our families have moved in the past few years and we don’t have a current address for about half of our list.

Post # 7
    15 posts
    Newbee

One of my fiance’s friends is taking our engagement pictures in March, so I won’t be sending out save the dates until April.  However, most of the guests are local, and the ones who will have to travel are all really good friends who already know our wedding date already.

Post # 8
    689 posts
    Busy bee

we’re planning to send them out most likely in the beginning of February..wow, that’s gonna come sooo fast!!

Post # 9
    682 posts
    Busy bee

I wasn’t planning on sending them until about March, but as it turns out hotels in the area are a bit limited so now I’m conflicted…

Post # 10
    2470 posts
    Buzzing bee

We already sent ours out at the beginning of November! We have about 90% of the guest list from Out of Town and we wanted to beat the holiday rush!

Post # 11
    1408 posts
    Bumble bee

We’re sending ours out as soon as the Fiance *coughs in his general direction* finishes addressing the outsides already! ;P Heh. We want to get ours out before the holiday rush and, because we slipped our STD magnets and accompanying greetings inside Christmas cards, they need to get out before Christmas. (We’re going for the “Happy Holidays and We’re getting Married!” ‘hot’ look of the season. lol) Almost all of our guests, save Maybe 20 out of 130!, are out of towners. A good sized handful are even out of the country-ers. So we (well, mostly I) feel that it’s best to give everyone a heads up about making travel and vacation plans. (Especially since our wedding is a Friday and the Friday before a major US holiday to boot!)

Post # 12
    436 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2010 - Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery

We sent ours at the beginning of November because we are having a Labor Day Weekend wedding.

Post # 13
    601 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010 - Heinz Chapel Ceremony, Museum Reception

Our wedding is in Pittsburgh, but it’s basically a destination wedding for almost everyone, so we’re shooting for February.

Post # 14
    512 posts
    Busy bee

Ours went out in mid-October.  There are a couple other people in the family getting married and we wanted to make sure our date got saved first! 🙂

Post # 15
    790 posts
    Busy bee

We’re shooting for end of Jan beginning of Feb. Getting everyone’s address is a huge pain.

Post # 16
    469 posts
    Helper bee

I really wanted to send mine out early Nov but it didn’t work out that way 🙁 so now I’m going to wait till the holidays are over and try to get them out mid Jan

The topic ‘Sept 2010 brides – when are you planning to send out STDs?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors