(Closed) Sept 2010 Colors

posted 8 years ago in September 2010
Post # 3
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hi date twin! I think September is a time of year where you have a lot of choices in terms of colors.

My colors are chocolate brown and champagne with accents of peach and ivory. I will attach a inspiration board that I glance at from time to time. Our peach color will be brought in by our centerpieces (peachs (the fruit) in vases) and some with some yellowly orange roses. We are going for an intimate,natural feel for our wedding.

I think it migt help you to think about your venue and the feel you want for your wedding. I would also make sure your colors won’t clash with your venue-say your venue has red carpet everywhere and your bridesmaids are dressed in hot pink-not so good, lol

[attachment=769852,98553]

Post # 4
2703 posts
Sugar bee

im getting married on 9/18/10 in SE michigan.

YAY for september brides!!

although technically it’s the “FALL” season, septembers are the BEST ‘summer’ months in MI (weather wise, 70’s no humidity, sunshine!, and hopefully the leaves will just be changing colors!)

anyway, my favorite color for a lifetime has been yellow. buttercup yellow to be exact? 🙂

so although it’s not the traditional “FALL” color, i decided to go with that, champagne, and ivory… all our linens will be ivory/champagne, the groomsmen vests will be champagne, the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses will be buttercup yellow, flowers are a mix of ivory/yellow flowers…

here’s a pic of my inspiration in parts:

Post # 5
639 posts
Busy bee

hello mollykatt, and welcome to the hive. I’m also getting married in Wisconsin – where is your wedding?  Our colors are brown, shades of yellow and ivory.  I’m noticing a trend among the sept brides who have posted so far.  love the yellow tones ladies!

I unfortunately do not have a great inspiration board to show you since most of mine aren’t digital, but it will look something like what jaylii9 posted, but with more yellow.

Check out the local Wisconsin board as well.  There are some great vendor recommendations on the boards there.

Post # 6
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Hi! Welcome to the Hive! I’m September 11, so excited! I’m not really “traditional” in that I don’t pay attention to what the season is for predicting my colours, LOL! I’m going with what I like! And I agree, September is so much more summer than fall. Here’s my inspiration board I put together for my bridesmaids to help them pick their dresses. Basically I’m going for white, vintage blue/grey, pops of red and accents of silver or pewter.

Post # 7
562 posts
Busy bee

I don’t have an inspiration board but our colors are chocolate brown and deep red!  Maybe with hints of aqua thrown in there to liven it up a bit!

Post # 8
639 posts
Busy bee

bakerella – love the vintage grays and blues!

Post # 9
431 posts
Helper bee

hi date twins!

our colors are navy brown with sage green and gray accents.

Post # 10
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Jewel Box in Forest Park and Windows on Washington

Hi ladies!

I am using a bright red and orange, with subtle hints of chocolate brown – you can find my inspiration board in one of my previous posts.

@bakerella – Love that combo!

Post # 11
4 posts
Wannabee

I’m doing black dresses with red sashes and red shoes and I have red shoes!  I’m trying to decide between red or black linens, might do a mixture.  Flowers are red with a hint of light green mixed in.  It’s my favorite color combination so I don’t really care about the season!

Post # 12
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I was originally going to do apple green, but I kept picking other items with red on it (my shoes, glass water bottles, straws) and I realized having a red and green wedding was perhaps a bit too Christmas-y for September! Thankfully none of the BMs had bought dresses so we switched to blue and I’m SO much happier! Plus blue is a much more popular colour this season, I think we would have had a really hard time finding green dresses in the right colour palette.

Post # 13
1566 posts
Bumble bee

Yay for so many Sept 5th brides 🙂 My colors are red and pale blue. I also was thinking a summer rather than a fall palette

Post # 14
790 posts
Busy bee

Sept 4th 2010 is our wedding. We are having Pewter and Rasberry/Watermelon accents everywhere. Our wedding is outside on the golf green and the reception is under a huge white tent with tons of Rasberry and Watermelon. We can’t wait. 6 months left!!

Post # 15
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Hi date twin!  I’m so excited for our September wedding and I agree with the other gals, you can go either way with the colors.  It wouldn’t be strange to have summery colors or leaning towards fallish.  For me, I associate fall more towards the end of the month when the leaves start to change so that’s why I’m sticking with summer colors–well, they are summer to me:  navy blueish color, yellow and red.  I’m sorry, I don’t have an inspiration board oddly enough. Have you checked out Snippet & Ink for the great inspiration boards they have on there?

Post # 16
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Yay for Sept! I’m going for Champagne-pale pink-ivory & a candlelight glow feeling. Here’s a board I made at stylemepretty.

Champagne

The topic ‘Sept 2010 Colors’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors