(Closed) Sept 2013 bees… When are you registering? And where?

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We registered at Macys and Bed Bath and Beyond a few months ago. A lot of our family and friends had asked about it as soon as we got engaged, we received a bunch of engagement gifts off our registry. 

I love Home Goods, so it sounds great to ask for gift cards from there. I would definitely suggest registering some place else in addition, for the people who want to give you a physical gift rather than a gift card.

Post # 4
9570 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Go ahead and register.  I already did!  I did at Macy’s, Williams Sonoma, and Bed Bath and Beyond.  By The Way I love HomeGoods! Smile

Just be aware you’ll have to go back in periodically as the date gets closer to make sure everything is still available and not discontinued.  I’m okay with this so I went ahead and did mine online.

Since I’m putting it on my website and I’m sending out Save-The-Date Cards in January with the website on them, I figured I should get the website set up by then!

Post # 5
5001 posts
Bee Keeper

I’ve been doing it online, it’s so fun!! I have Macy’s and Wiliam Sonoma, might add another but they have a lot of stuff! We haven’t sent save-the-dates (which have our website which has our registry info) so nobody will probably see it for a few months still. Gives me time to play around with it!

Post # 6
153 posts
Blushing bee

Yep, already registered for a lot! I started as soon as we got engaged, but left the registries “hidden” until we set an actual date.

Post # 7
1599 posts
Bumble bee

Hm, am I late?

Our date is 9-28-13. I figured we’d register a month or two before my shower, which isn’t even planned yet. It’ll probably be over the summer but I haven’t even THOUGHT about registering until then.

Plus fiance and I don’t live together yet. We’re hoping to buy a house in early spring so maybe we’ll do it then.

Post # 9
119 posts
Blushing bee

I was going to wait until after Christmas at least, because I imagine stores will get all new inventory. The last wedding I went to had a lot of things on the registry that I could not find in the store (Target) because they were clearanced out. It was frustrating. I’m afraid everything I register for will be discontinued! Irrational, maybe. Now I’m thinking I need to get on this!

Post # 10
1144 posts
Bumble bee

I totally agree with HomeGoods….as I work there & I’m forever shopping!

Post # 11
5001 posts
Bee Keeper

@Sunnyday278:  Is there a benefit to going into the store versus doing it online? Is it just that people want to see things in real life?

Post # 12
130 posts
Blushing bee

We are plan on registering in the spring of 2013 around the time that we send out our invitations since our wedding is September and i know that a lot of stores have items that are available only at certain times of the year. We do not want to build our registires too early and then the things that we want end up being out of season…

Right now we are thinking

Macys

Target

Bed Bath & Beyond

Crate & Barrel 

Pier One

HomeGoods

Post # 14
130 posts
Blushing bee

@RunnerBride13:  Oh not all of them but at least 3…my fiance does not have patience to register at all those places…plus it may overwhelm my guests. If I have to pick 3 at this moment they would be Macys, Crate & Barrel & BB&B 🙂

Post # 15
5001 posts
Bee Keeper

@FtrMrsAMH:  Oooh, good call! I’ve just done Macy’s and William Sonoma right now and there’s so much stuff, I think 2 will be plenty for us!

Post # 16
130 posts
Blushing bee

@RunnerBride13:  OOOOOO William Sonoma…I totally forget about em…great now another place I want!!! HAHAHA

The topic ‘Sept 2013 bees… When are you registering? And where?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors