(Closed) Sept 2013 bees… When are you registering? And where?

posted 9 years ago in September 2013
Post # 17
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We registered at Macy’s and Crate and Barrel this past October.  Crate and Barrel has really nice registry events.  The one we went to had reps for Shun and Wusthof knives which was pretty educational for us (I actually learned how to properly hold and use a knife – go figure!). 

Both of them have been easy to update online. And both stores just let us wander around and scan things as we pleased.  They both get a big thumbs up from me!

Post # 19
35 posts
Newbee

we are going to Kohl’s and Bed Bath and Beyond… sooo excited to do it this weekend. We figured since we are going christmas shopping we can knock it out while we are there.

Post # 20
238 posts
Helper bee

We registered ages ago! We are at Macy’s, Crate & Barrel, REI, and Amazon Universal Registry.

When we registered at Crate & Barrel in person, they gave us a free gift (small vase). It was really surprising and sweet.

I was less impressed with macy’s, many of their items are not available online. 

Post # 21
1549 posts
Bumble bee

I feel… I dont know… weird about registering so early. We were engaged last December, so I didn’t want to seem gift-grabby. We were planning to register in the Spring, around both of our birthdays. My Mother-In-Law wanted us to do it before the holidays so she could buy stuff off of our list for Christmas, but we just gave her a list instead.

Instead, I’ve been pinning things that we need to register for. Since we have lived together for the last two years, it’s more about updating what we have. 

We also run in to the issue that our families are very different. Mine are from the boonies with very little funds. His are well-off and living in the city or suburbs with lots of shoppig options. To diversify the list, we are registering for a variety of different stores based on prices and availability. We plan on registering at:

Target or Kohls (low-medium end)
Bed Bath and Beyond, Macys, or Carsons (higher end)
Amazon (for overseas guests that may want to buy the gift online)

We also will have a honeymoon registry too since we are travelers and our family recognizes that and have wanted to give us honeymoon related gifts (2 weeks in Europe). 

Post # 23
86 posts
Worker bee

We registered a few months ago at BBB and C&B (registry party – I recommend!).  We will be registering at one other place but not which where yet.

I don’t know you can register too early.  Besides if you’re anything like us, it took us some time to look at things, agree on items, walk around the stores, etc.  Since we registered about a year before our wedding, we plan to check our reigstry to add/delete items every few months in case anything is out of stock, discontinued, etc before the wedding.

At this point I would wait until the Christmas shopping madness is over.  The last thing I’d want is to have the holiday crowds ruin the registry experience.

Post # 24
101 posts
Blushing bee

I got engaged last December and we waited until this past November to register and we only registered at Macys.  We wanted to be registered before the holiday because we have a large family and most of them still wanted to purchase us engagement gifts. I also made our website live in December and wanted the info included on there.  We sent out our save the dates with our xmas cards as the save the date was a tear off calendar magnet (http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-nautical-save-the-dates-are-done?replies=5#post-).  I say register when you want!

Post # 25
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Lake Taghkanic State Park

I was thinking Target and Williams Sonoma… But Kohls sounds good too they have the Food Network line. I don’t want to seem greedy by registering too many places but I’m so indecisive! I have no idea when to register though, it’s kind of on my list of things not to worry about until we have all of our big stuff (tent, catering, photographer) set. But I love to cook so I have a feeling most of our registry is going to be appliances, and new dishes so we can get rid of all our mismatched college stuff!

Post # 26
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - The Skinner Barn

Registered at Macy’s the other day and it was highly unpleasant but a necessary evil. The bridal consultants kept getting annoyed that I was turning down their credit card offers and answered the phone at least 10 times while talking to me. My poor fiance couldn’t wait to leave.

I can’t wait to register at Crate & Barrel tomorrow. Looking for glassware, flatware, and linens. Much more my style but since my fiance’s family is from Vermont they don’t have the opportunity to shop in-store.

Also considering registering at REI. I think that would be fun for the fiance.

Post # 27
84 posts
Worker bee

We just registered at Bed Bath & Beyond on Friday. Fiance is moving into our rental home in next month because his apartment lease is up; I won’t be moving in until closer to the wedding. We are just so excited to get started putting our home together that we decided to go register, which I thought was a little early. I guess not though!

We need to register at least one other place, because I hated both the Bed and the Bath at Bed Bath and Beyond. All we got was the Beyond (kitchen stuff)! Haha. I want to use myregistry.com to register at more fun places, like Anthropologie and West Elm (places most people can only access online around here) for a few higher-end things that I don’t want to be the main focus of our registry. (Meaning, I don’t want to make a whole separate registry for those stores).

Does anyone have any experience with myregistry.com?

Post # 28
84 posts
Worker bee

@MonPetite:  I am the same way! I don’t want to seem greedy by registering at a bunch of stores, but my fiance and I have tastes that don’t really match up with JUST Bed, Bath and Beyond or JUST Macy’s. I am thinking of doing myregistry.com and registering for some fun stuff on sites like Anthropologie, West Elm, or Williams-Sonoma, in addition to a traditional registry at BB&B.

Post # 29
84 posts
Worker bee

@RunnerBride13:  I am not good at online shopping, especially with cookware. I need to see and feel how big things are to know if I want them or can use them. And with linens, I’d want to see the true color and feel the texture before knowing I want it!

Post # 30
157 posts
Blushing bee

Fiance and I registered at BBB on Sunday in person and then did our Target one online Sunday evening.  We’re planning on doing William Sonoma this weekend as they have a registering event.  Did anyone else find it overwhelming?  FI and have lived together since graduating college and bought a house almost 3 years ago so our plan was to “update” the used things we had and get stuff we really love.  We were in BBB for 2 hours!

Post # 31
1119 posts
Bumble bee

We have not yet…. thinking of doing it soon though.  I’m still kind of on the fence.  I want to do Macy’s, Crate and Barrel, and a universal registry for a few random things… but then there’s Williams-Sonoma.  Ahhh!  So many decisions! 

Contemplating W-S over C&B, but I think C&B is more our style…. there’s lots of cookware I’d love from W-S, but C&B has a good amount of that too.

The topic ‘Sept 2013 bees… When are you registering? And where?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors