(Closed) Sept 2014 Wedding..waiting til Jan to book venue? too late?!?!?!?

posted 8 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: Jan 2014 too late to book venue for Sept 2014?

yes!

not at all

9-12 months is prefered!

depends on the venues popularity

• Post # 17
    369 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

We booked ours 9 months out. 

You might want to try booking a venue by mid-December.

Some people will be getting engaged over Christmas and New Year’s, and they might immediately jump into planning and book up more venues.

Post # 18
    1908 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

We booked our venues a year in advanced. We got the last Saturday available in May at our reception venue and one of two remaining Saturdays in May & June for our ceremony. We also got 2013 pricing for our May 2014 wedding with our reception venue. Our ceremony venue (outdoor garden) books up so far in advance they always show current year and following year pricing. 

A few venues I looked at were already booked for all of 2014 unless you wanted a Sunday. So flexibility on day of the week can be huge. Most venues will book up their Saturdays quickly, so ask about Fridays & Sundays, many venues offer a discount on Sundays. There can be catches though too, like our venue on a Sunday won’t allow ceremonies after 10am. Why? Who knows, but that’s their rule. I wouldn’t worry too much until you hear back from more venues.

Add: For our ceremony site we did have to pay in full to reserve it, they would not accept just a deposit. I guess they had issues with brides putting down deposits and never telling them they decided to go another way.

Post # 19
    348 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@cdenise89:  Hi fellow NC bride πŸ™‚  I think that if you are truly open to any Friday, Saturday, or Sunday in Sept / early October, you will be ok to wait.  If your heart is set on a Saturday, you may find yourself disappointed in availability come January.  I know how beautiful the NC mountains are this time of year, and so I’m sure Saturdays will book up fast since that is the most popular day.  Fridays and Sundays, probably not as much — some may book, but I highly doubt everywhere will be booked Fri – Sun.

Have you found the actual location you want?  If you’re open to mulitple venues, then I think you’re fine — between multiple options AND multiple days of the week you’re open to, it will be fine.

Post # 20
    1575 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX

@cdenise89:  πŸ™‚ Double check with the venue. but at all the ones I looked at there was a payment plan. We had to put $1000 down and the next payment isn’t due until 90 days before the wedding.

Post # 21
    1298 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

Yay another NC bride! We booked our venue back in April for our August 2014 wedding, but we had a very specific date and venue in mind, so we knew we had to get in there early. I think you should try to go ahead and book now if you can, it makes it a lot easier to deal with other vendors when you have your venue booked.

Post # 23
    941 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

@cdenise89:  I think if you can book now, you should! we are looking at venues now and a lot of them are booked up Agusut-November, or don’t have many dates available. I suggest you look now to have the best date options.

Post # 24
    2354 posts
    Buzzing bee

I say it depends when in September. Because Labor day (3-days weekend) is quite popular, but after mid-september I believe most places are not as loaded. It falls into ”off-season” category pretty much everywhere. πŸ™‚

Post # 25
    6593 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@cdenise89:  I booked my first wedding with 5 months to spare.  I had no problem booking vendors but I got married during a month that is not popular for weddings in my area.

Post # 28
    6593 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@cdenise89:  This is my second marriage.  Smile  We’re getting married in November.  My first wedding was in Orlando in early March.

Post # 29
    2655 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@cdenise89:  As long as you are flexible on the date you should be fine

We got engaged last June 2013 and when we decided on a place in August, ALL the saturdays were booked for 2014 all the way through November. We settled for a Friday rather than have our wedding in cold weather. I wish we would have decided earlier to get the date we want, but you seem more flexible than I was πŸ™‚

Post # 30
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

We got engaged August 27th 2013. We had our reception booked a week and a half later and they had one date left in September. Booking for our ceremony was not a big deal and there was no rush for it but we booked it at the same time to secure the date.

Post # 31
    65 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

We got engaged April 2013 and booked venue June 2013 for our July 12, 2014 wedding. Our ideal location was already booked much before we were even engaged. There was no wiggle room on the date as it will be our 3 year anniversary together and that meant alot to us to get married on that date. So, we had to find a different venue.

The topic ‘Sept 2014 Wedding..waiting til Jan to book venue? too late?!?!?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors