Sept 2020 Brides – Are you concerned?

posted 5 months ago in Logistics
Post # 2
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2021

Hey girl, I am August 29 so essentially September. I am nor so worried because I am in Sydney and only 40 people who are all local. I am in the same head space that if by then the virus is still a major issue getting married will be the last of my concerns.

wishing you the best also xx

Post # 3
153 posts
Blushing bee

I am a September 2020 bride in Sydney….I’m a little sad thinking that our travelling guests won’t make it. We are planning to go ahead with our plans with our fingers crossed that things will have settled down by then. We’ve held off on booking our honeymoon to Canada and the Cook islands.

Post # 4
83 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
missexcited1985 :  exciting! Where are you getting married! 

Post # 5
153 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting married in Mosman! Where is your wedding?!

Post # 6
60 posts
Worker bee

I’m end of August and have basically put wedding planning a bit on hold until April just to see how things net out. I think in a month or two things will look very different so I’m sort of in a ‘wait and see’ mode for now.

Post # 7
83 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
missexcited1985 :  Woollahra! Basically at Centennial Park! How exciting 🙂 hoping it works out for us!

Post # 9
153 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
mrl201020 :  how beautiful!! Good luck! I’m sure it will work out xx

Post # 10
1510 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2021

View original reply
brittanyeide :  I’m not super nervous yet, but FH and I have both discussed that we’ll go with the flow when the time comes.  Our venue has already had to reschdule weddings from this weekend for future dates, so if we have to postpone till June/July 2021 so be it.

Post # 11
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

We’ve discussed the possibility of having to rework our plans, and we’re just going to go with it if that’s what happens. We have until July to cancel/postpone everything, so for now we’re just watching the situation. If everything hasn’t settled down by then, we’re still getting married on our planned wedding date, but it’ll be a very small ceremony, and we’ll postpone the reception and honeymoon for a year. We’ll make it work.

Post # 12
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2021 - Beaver Creek, CO

Sept 12 in the Colorado mountains here. I am a little worried but hoping for the best.  Most of our guests live in the Denver area and will just have to drive an hour or two, but I still don’t know how comfortable people will be in a crowd by then.  Our invites won’t go out for another few months so I’m just hoping things get more manageable by then.  Our plan is to keep moving forward with wedding planning for now. 

Post # 13
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - NH Squam Lake Elopement

I’m a tiny bit concerned reading that the virus could come back in colder months. Our wedding is 9/19. Most of our guests are local…with less than 10 coming from Washington state and a few from Maryland. I guess we’ll have to see!

Post # 14
2349 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

A lot can happen in a few months. Stay positive 

Post # 15
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2020

We are getting married in mid September about an hour north of Sydney.

We have just found out our reception venue is closing down and they are returning deposits. All our vendors are booked for that date so now we are frantically searching for a new reception venue but Spring is a popular time to get married so everything is booked out on our date so far

My fiance and I have decided that we will be getting married on that date no matter what regardless how many of our guests show up. We invited 85 with 15 being in the UK. So we thinking we will have 60 or less depending on how this virus goes. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors