(Closed) Sept 5th, 2010 – when’s your ceremony starting?

posted 9 years ago in September 2010
Post # 3
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I know people that did a Sunday evening ceremony on a holiday weekend it worked fine.  They just scheduled things as they would a Saturday ceremony.  If it were me, I would worry a bit about increased traffic and probably schedule a slightly earlier dinner/reception.

Post # 4
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I scheduled mine for the evening on the 5th. We have a late night after party scheduled for the hotel, and my parents are hosting a brunch the next day for everyone as well – so I think that those who choose to attend the brunch will have a later start time anyway. To date, I have heard no comments or complaints about the evening wedding time. Most people are going to want to enjoy as much of the feastivities as possible rather than worrying about an early start the next day –  I wouldn’t worry.

Post # 5
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

We’re having a pretty hard time with this. We’re having a Catholic mass and our church has regular 5pm mass on Sundays as well. Right now our ceremony is at 2:30p and our cocktail hour doesn’t start till 6!! I hate having SUCH a gap. I know it gives us time to take pictures and relax and gives our guests time to check into the hotel where the reception is, but I’d feel a lot better if it’s even an hour or so later.  A gap that big also allows a lot of time for drinking before the cocktail hour even starts which is a dangerous combination with our guests.

Post # 6
141 posts
Blushing bee

we won’t be able to start until 6pm at our venue…so our invitations will probably say 5:30 to make sure everyone gets there on time =D *sneakysneaky*

Post # 7
132 posts
Blushing bee

We’re starting the ceremony around 3:30 but planning for a full night.  Our schedule will probably look something like:

3:30-4pm:  Ceremony

4-5:30pm: Coctail Hour

5:30-7pm: Dinner

7-10pm: Dancing and karaoke (Unfortunately our venue is near a residential area and requires music to be off by 10pm)

10pm-??? Post-reception bonfire on the beach by our venue

So, we’re basically treating it as if it were a Saturday.

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee

We’re treating the Sunday of a long holiday weekend just like a Saturday.  Ceremony at 5, cocktails starting around 5:30-5:45, followed by dinner and dancing until 1am! 

Post # 9
23 posts
Newbee

We are morning people and couldn’t stand the thought of waiting alllll day long for the wedding — so 11 am it is! We’re going to have a lunch reception, so that those who need to leave Sunday night can (most people are flying down from Canada). Later that night we are having a smaller get together with drinks and dancing for those who want to come out. I kind of like it this way — it gives us more of the day to enjoy being married and less time before to stress.

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee

We’re doing 5pm Ceremony start.  Treating everything just like a Saturday.

Post # 11
369 posts
Helper bee

Ceremony: 5p

Cocktails/Apps:7-11

Hotel afterparty:12-4a?

*** No dinner is being served so guest will be allowed aprox 1 1/2 hrs to eat dinner and get their butts to the reception at 7

Post # 12
43 posts
Newbee

i’m treating it as if it were a saturday… i want to allow myself time for sleep (hopefully i’ll get some!) and appointments on sunday morning and afternoon before the ceremony at 5pm.  we’ll make our getaway around 10:30pm, not too late. 

and it helps to live in “the crossroads of america” where highways are abundant in about every direction.  there will be traffic, yes, but on what weekend is there not?

The topic ‘Sept 5th, 2010 – when’s your ceremony starting?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors