Post # 1
This board has been quiet for a while…where are all the September brides at? Come out and say hi!
How bout we all talk about our wedding plans so far?
On my list to do right now is start making napkins! I’ve bought some fabric so each table will have a different colour/pattern of fabric. I’m hoping it looks sweet and not like a bunch of patterns threw up everywhere 😉
Post # 3
We’ve gotten a lot of the big stuff out of the way – we’ve chosen a venue (ceremony and reception at the same place), wedding party, officiant, dress, photographer, and DJ; and our caterer, rental companies for linens/tent/lights, and florist come with the venue. My bridesmaids have been told “Find a knee-length purple dress and silver shoes”, and his dudes will be in grey, but the specifics are up to my fiance. Our save-the-dates went out with our holiday cards – good lord, getting all of those addresses was a pain! I won invitations from For The Modern Bride, so I’m working with a designer to get those finished. Next up will likely be choosing a bakery (Yay for cake tastings!) and figuring out our menu with our caterer.
I think the napkins will look lovely, especially if there’s some sort of unifying color scheme. I considered doing something like that, but then I remembered that I’m really lazy when it comes to DIY stuff 🙂
Post # 4
Ooh, I love your colours! I want the my Fiance to wear grey too. I wish we were having a bakery cake – I’m missing out on the cake tasting experience!
We’re doing a tent too – what kind of lights are you putting in it?
Post # 5
Hi! I haven’t done much planning during the holidays, but here’s what’s done so far –
- ceremony/reception venue booked
- officiant booked, we have started reviewing ceremony possibilities she gave us
- my dress ordered
- invitation suite picked (but not ordered)
Here’s what’s up next for us in Jan –
- reserve hotel block
- pick & book a photographer
- work on wedding website
- work on ceremony with officiant
- order Save-The-Date Cards and finish compiling addresses
Then in Feb/March –
- finish wedding website
- send Save-The-Date Cards
- figure out cake/florist
- finalize menu
I’m planning a smaller wedding for about 40 guests.
Post # 6
i feel shamed! I have: a date and a venue. that’s it.
Post # 7
heres what i have for our wedding of approx 120:
ceremony and reception sites booked
rehearsal dinner booked
room blocks reserved
dress picked out
got wedding party organized
wedding website done
engagement photos done
finalized wording for ceremony
next up in jan:
send out save the dates
pick bridesmaid dresses and tux styles
Post # 8
@KikiD – Don’t feel shamed! Booking a venue was, by far, the biggest pain in our planning so far. Especially since you can’t really do anything at all until you have the where and when. Once the holidays are over, I’m sure you’ll have more time to get stuff done.
@toothfairyb – I have no idea what we’re doing for lighting – I think we’ll end up going with whatever the “default” lighting option is. Although I have been intrigued by some of the lantern-ish options some of the bees have posted 🙂
Post # 9
Everyone’s been busy!
@Spaganya, you’re so on the ball! Doing my ceremony wording is something I have to work on!
Post # 10
soo far, we have our ceremony/reception site, officiants, photographer/videographer, my dress, dj, bridesmaid dresses picked out, next on the list is the florist…and working on our wedding website..=)
Post # 11
Hi girls! 9 months left till our day!!!! 🙂
I feel like we are slowly falling behind!!!! We are going to try to get our e-pics (bout time!) done within the next week, then STD made and mailed.
So far we have our ceremony/reception site picked and down paid * dress is here, needs alterations though * Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses picked * My shoes just came!!!! * and that is about it!
I keep putting stuff off, and before I know it, we’ll be out of time! So trying to hit the planning hard this month, especially before school starts again in 2 weeks. ugh!
Post # 12
Rosie, we’re planning hard this month too. Seems to be the only month nothing is going on!
Post # 13
- Wedding: September 2010 - Heritage Square Museum
Let’s see, we have:
* Booked our Venue
*Booked our Officiant (a friend! lol)
*Booked our Caterer (The Kogi Truck)
*Booked our Photographer (The amazing Kirsten Ellis)
*Bought our Dresses
*Commissioned our STD’s
*Bought every Cafe lights at Big Lots post-holidays
*Picked out (but not ordered/had made) our wedding bands
*Been collecting vintage milkglass/china for our centerpieces
*Picked out 2 of our 8 (non-matching) maids ensembles
We still need to:
*Reserve Room blocks at a bad-ass hotel
*Have C’s suit made
* Get wedding shoes/accessories
*Invitations, Invitations, Invitations…
*Find a DOC to work with our budget
*Many, many more DIY projects/details/things I’m forgetting.
Can’t wait to see how everyone’s Day turns out!
Post # 14
We are SO far behind! *sigh* Or i ought to say I am so far behind. Ain’t like the boy is helping me out much! So far I have:
- Booked reception hall and ceremony church
- booked officiant (who’s written the wedding already!)
- purchased my dress (yay! Woot! woot!)
- Sent out Save-The-Date Cards
- got almost all the centerpieces together (just need to decide on table numbers)
- bought the plates
- gotten most of the props for our fauxtobooth
- booked the photog (a friend)
- decided on the flowers (mixture of fake, wild flowers from a friend’s parent’s farm, and grocery store flowers)
- bought both our wedding bands
In the next week I need to make appointments to book:
- the caterer (they’ve been impossible to get ahold of over the holidays!)
- the DJ
- the bakery (pies, cookies, and cake!)
- the honeymoon (just gotta book the campground)
Things left to do:
- get Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
- decide on Fiance and GM’s suits
- work on invites
- figure out how we’re doing the map inserts
- FIND COBALT/SAPPHIRE BLUE SHOES FOR ME!!!!!!
- every DIY thing on the planet plus two *sigh*
Post # 15
@Ms. Awesome – I’m so jealous of your cafe light find!! I haven’t been able to find them anywhere!!
@Rabbit – You aren’t far behind at all! You’ve got lots done! 🙂
Post # 16
If I had posted this comment a week ago I wouldn’t have had anything besides a venue… But thanks to a very busy week between the holidays I am now the proud customer of a list of vendors!!
- booked ceremony site and reception hall
- booked photog (a friend of FI)
- booked baker
- booked florist
- booked DJ
- purchased my dress (sweet!)
- narrowed down the bridesmaid dresses to two (I swear I’ve almost made a decision)
- delegated wedding website to Fiance (and he’s even started it already, what a guy)
- decided on centerpieces and have begun making coffee filter roses
- finalized guest list with parents
- ordered my wedding band
January to do:
- book officiant (I suppose it would help to have someone to do the deed on the big day)
- save the dates
- engagement pictures
- join a gym (these flabby arms just won’t do with my awesome dress!)
- finalize catering decision (venue or outside caterer)
- continue the endless project that is coffee filter roses
As you all know the to-do list could go on and on… but I’m determined to fit in all the DIY, and keep the week of the wedding as stress free as possible. It could totally work, right? :-p