(Closed) September 1, 2013 – What is left to do? What are you working on? Updates?

posted 7 years ago in September 2013
Post # 17
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Fellow September 1st bride here. My Fiance and I are finally sitting down with our officiant tonight. I also need to schedule my makeup trial and an appointment with the florist sometime soon.

Post # 18
29 posts
Newbee

@Goofball:  I’m sorry with my late response.  I’m not on here all that oftren.  I decided to buy my girls their jewlery for the wedding.  I struggled with this because I wanted to do something special.  My daughter who is 16 is also in the wedding so I’m going to do something a little extra special for her especially since she the maid of honor.  Can’t believe it’s almost just one month away!!!

Post # 20
29 posts
Newbee

@Bazingau:  OMG I know!!!!  So excited but so over it at the same time.  LOL…I’m not wishing the day to go fast or anything like that, but this planning thing is driving me crazy and just can’t wait to be done with that part of it.  What do you have left to do anything?  We are meeting with our venue on Sunday to go over the final details to make the final payment – eeeek…our checkbook is getting kind of thin these past couple of weeks.  I still need to finish the programs and assemble the place cards into their holders, finish getting the girls their jewlery and I think I’m pretty much done everything!  There definitely was a time that I didn’t think I would be able to get it all done in time!

Post # 21
131 posts
Blushing bee

I feel like we’re pretty much done, but of course now I’m worried that there are a million things I’m forgetting! The big things we have left to do are finalize the seating and then fill out all the place cards.

Post # 23
131 posts
Blushing bee

11 days to go! Fiance and I are taking a dance lesson tonight (better late than never I guess). Neither of us can really dance so hopefully this doesn’t leave us feeling even more hopeless.

Post # 24
280 posts
Helper bee

Eek, 10 days!!!!  We have our final meeting with our decorators tonight…they’ll have samples of absolutely everything ready to show us, to make sure that all the little details are just the way we wanted them.  🙂

Our only major job left to do now is pack ALL of our DIY and self-bought items into boxes, and bring them to the venue so that they’re ready to go for the decorators.  That sounds simple, but there are a LOT of things…and it’s important to have everything painstakingly labelled, so it’s obvious where things go and how they should be set up.  That will be our job for the weekend!  The JOY of wedding planning!

Post # 25
131 posts
Blushing bee

9 days (single digits)!

I had my dress fitting last night and the dress still didn’t fit, needs to be taken in about an inch. I may have lost SOME weight since my last fitting but no way it was that much. I think the seamstress just sucks. Now I have to go back again this weekend. Ughh.

Post # 26
131 posts
Blushing bee

This time next week, we’ll all be married! What’s everyone up to? Anything left to do?

Post # 27
60 posts
Worker bee

EEK! So close! We are leaving in 2 days for our wedding (in my home state about 10 hrs away) so we just need to pack everything in the car and go over my packing checklist about a million times. 

OH and our DJ sorta crapped out at the last minute, so we are working on finding a new one, only 6 days in advance. What is wrong with people? Luckily our wedding coordinator is on top of things and was able to find a few DJs that are free on our date. I feel fine because she is great and I trust her to work things out. Without her I would probably be absolutely losing it right now. 

Post # 28
17 posts
Newbee

Hope everybody had an AMAZING day!!!!  Ours went about the best I could have ever hoped for – now, I can’t wait for our pics!!!

The topic ‘September 1, 2013 – What is left to do? What are you working on? Updates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors