(Closed) September 10, 2011 Wedding Date

posted 11 years ago in September 2011
Post # 32
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am getting marry on September 10, 2011.  When wy fiance and I was discussing a date for the wedding, we decided to go with our anniversary date which was September 10.  Since we wanted at least a year engagement, we went with September 10, 2011.  We didn’t even realize 9.10.11 till after the fact.  We have the church and the reception hall already book and we are just excited to plan our special day.  The 10 year annivesary of Sept 11 has crossed my mind especially since I live in NY but we decided to stick with the date because we refuse to allow terrorist to continue to take away from us.  New York will always be on high alert and we can’t continue to live in fear.  So we will continue to plan with that date and make it a fun occasion πŸ™‚

Post # 33
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I LOVE the 9.10.11 date! It’s so much fun πŸ™‚ If we could have held out for another year (already a 16 month engagement) we would have chosen this date.  

Post # 34
100 posts
Blushing bee

9.10.11 bride here too, thinking of great ways to play with the date on the save-the-dates…

Post # 35
285 posts
Helper bee

i was thinking about that too, @fieldielover, did you get any good ideas yet???

Post # 36
100 posts
Blushing bee

HA – none yet no, missjayellegee!  but if I think of any I’m happy to share, since they can only be used by a very select group! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Post # 37
103 posts
Blushing bee

When do you all think September 2011 brides should send out save the dates?

December?  January?  

Post # 38
100 posts
Blushing bee

I was thinking I might combine it with a holiday/new years card.

Post # 39
54 posts
Worker bee

We’re a 9.10.11 couple, too!  

View original reply
@wacholie: We chose it based on our 4 year anniversary, and it’s the day before my FH’s birthday (I know, 9/11, it’s rough…).  We figure that this way we can always celebrate our anniversary, and he’ll never forget it!  No venues yet since we just got a ring on my finger last week and I felt a bit like a fraud talking to vendors without it.   We hope to book a venue by mid-July πŸ™‚

Post # 40
285 posts
Helper bee

congrats kaymei! good luck πŸ™‚

Post # 41
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I want a June wedding. The fiance wants to wait until September. (We just had a little spat about it!). We’ve been engaged since February, and the original date we picked was 9/10/11 … just hate waiting that long! But, it looks like that’ll be the day. I hate having to wait another 15 months …. I have the whole thing planned already! Here’s my big question ……

QUESTION ….. IS ANYONE CONCERNED ABOUT KIDS STARTING SCHOOL THE WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING?

Whether or not kids are invited, I am concerned that out-of-town guests might not be able to get away right when the kids are back to school. Also, my college-aged guests (cousins who I really want to make it) will be back to school too. What do you guys think?

Post # 42
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

LaughingYay im another september 10th wedding!! got everything sorted ,church, reception venue,food, cars,BM’s, ushers,d/j, best man, flowers, piccys! The only thing left to do is the DRESS!!!!!!!!! love it!

so excited i could explode!

Issy x

Post # 43
285 posts
Helper bee

@bridesuzy: i wouldnt be concerned about the starting school thing bc of a few reasons. i see you live in MA. not sure exactly how the school schedule is there but I know in new york (for instance) this year, the public schools are closed that thurs and fri for jewish holiday so they are in school on the 7th and the schools are closed 8. 9,  etc. If that happens next year, school schedules shouldnt affect it. Also* a lot of my friends that are teachers mentioned that their schools next year are starting on the 13th of september! in that case, you would be fine again!

my concern, since im a 9.10.11 bride is that i am going finish my education masters this december. if i am lucky enough to land a job by next sept, the first wk of school will also be last min wedding planning. imagine that! LOL

Post # 44
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Although I would like an October date (10/9/11), I’m definitely considering 9/10/11 as a backup date.

Post # 45
285 posts
Helper bee

CONGRATS issyb! you sound like you are getting it all down! πŸ™‚

Post # 46
2236 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m officially a 9-10-11 bride and I couldn’t be more excited!!!

My Mom totally doesn’t get it though – she’s like I don’t understand why you’re booking vendors already, it’s so far away…  I keep trying to tell her that the date is going to be popular but it just isn’t sticking in her head.

Personally I’m glad to have my venue, caterer, and photographer booked so that I can concentrate on the obscene amount of DIY projects I have planned over the next 14 months.

The topic ‘September 10, 2011 Wedding Date’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors