(Closed) September 11, 2009

posted 10 years ago in September 2009
Post # 3
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Hey your date is my b-day!! so I say- yeah, you go girl!! I would have done that date, but being my b-day I thought that could have been weird?? I dunno. BUT- that date in most venues around here was booked so? I’m surprised no one else is writing about your date…I love it! 9-11!!

p.s. I’m getting married the day after…so it’s bday and then wedding!

Post # 4
2030 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

As a wedding guest, I wouldn’t mind attending a wedding on this date. I hope you have lovely wedidngs ladies!

As an aside, the only thing that would bother me was if there was a bagpipe player – it’s a sound I will forever associate with the 9/11 firemen’s funerals, and the sound of it really upsets me. Hearing it on 9/11 would be too hard.

Post # 5
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

If I were getting married in September, I would’ve picked the same date:)
I wouldn’t worry about it. I bet most people would enjoy you ‘taking the date back.’ You’re going to fill it with your own happy memories. I think it’s nice 🙂

Post # 6
469 posts
Helper bee

We are considering the same date. Our first choice is Labor Day weekend and Cleveland has a huge air show so I figured that would be a bad weekend for out of town guest to try and get a hotel. And the 11th is my fiance’s grandparents wedding anniversary so we thought that’d be cute.

The topic ‘September 11, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors