Post # 1
I just snuck (lol not even a real word) at our registry and realized….136 days!!!
What have you left to do?
Still on our to do list:
- Finish invites and send them out (then all the fun stuff that comes after getting rsvps back like seating arrangements)
- Pick our menu and cake
- Finalize our flowers
- Ceremony stuff (but thankfully Future Mother-In-Law is taking ALL of that! phew!)
- figure out our linens situation
- agree on a first dance song and music list in general
- I still am waiting for my dress to come in and to have my first fitting
- Research salons for my hair and set up my trial…and I feel like there’s more that will pop up along the way!
I feel like saying 4 months to go makes me feel more comfortable that we’ll get everything needed to be done in time than 136 days!
Post # 3
At this point, even “4 months to go” is making me cringe! And looking at my “To do” list on TheKnot is going to give me a seizure. Anyway, off the top of my head, here’s what we still have to get done:
- Figure out a fitting schedule and seamstress for my dress – it’s here, but when it came the first time, the bridal shop had ordered the wrong size
- Finalize our flowers – I’m not a big flower person, but my florist keeps asking me about my “floral vision”. Seriously, I don’t care. Just do a freakin’ arrangement.
- Decide on what we want for linens, which are idiotically expensive for being pieces of fabric
- Go for my hair and makeup trial, which will involve figuring out if I want to wear some sort of hair accessory and buying/making it
- Get my fiance to choose groomsmen attire
- Figure out all of the logistics for our rehearsal dinner
- Go over the ceremony with our officiant
- Write my vows
- Finalize our cake flavors
- Finish our invitations, get them printed and addressed, and send them out
- Make sure my bridesmaids have chosen their dresses – I told them knee-length, in purple, and they’re still working on it
- Get my fiance to pick out a wedding band
- Engrave the wedding bands
- Find shoes
- Maybe try to arrange some sort of “engagement” session with our photographer. It comes with the package, but it seems silly to call them engagement pics when they’re occurring way closer to the wedding than when we got engaged. Maybe “photography rehearsal” is more like it.
- Figure out stuff like escort cards, table numbers, guest book, card box, etc
I’m sure there’s more, but that list alone is going to cause me to have some sort of anxiety attack.