51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Hello date twin!

Post # 5
51 posts
Worker bee

@heathaah: I’m embarrassed to say that I’m not as far as you are and that’s scary because 8 months and 3 weeks sounds so close when I got engaged last year!  We have our wedding party, church, reception, and photographer decided, but that’s about it.  I think I know what dress I want, but am too chicken to buy it  .  Since sunflowers are in peak season, we’re using sunflowers for center pieces.  Thus, our colors are yellow, blue, and kelly green.  The Fiance and I decided just the other night that we need to get in gear with the planning after new years’.

Post # 6
162 posts
Blushing bee

I am so glad to hear that someone else has that date as well. 

Post # 7
112 posts
Blushing bee

Hi!  I am also a date twin.

We will have 2 wedding ceremonies – 9/12 and 9/19.  I have a special place in my heart for the first ceremony because I consider it "my ceremony."  We are marrying on the beach and I already have my dress.  We plan to use citrus/burnt orange as the main colors.  We will have a small group attend the ceremony and a restaurant reception.  I can’t wait! 

Post # 8
162 posts
Blushing bee

hey caliwed I saw your engagement date on your profile. we are not only bridal month twins but also engagement twins. We got engaged July 30th (on my birthday no less!) during our mini get a way to DC.

Call me the anal bride but we have our venue, photographer, florist, planner, and videographer. We have been planning since April/May which explains while we are so far along, however, we were not official till July. 

Our colors are chocolate brown, pink, and ivory and we are planning a small brunch for 50 of our closest friends and family. We are wrking with a graphic designer now on our Save the Dates.  My dress from Priscilla of Boston has already come in and I went to look at it this past weekend and can’t be more thrilled. 

It seems so far off but I know it will be here before you know it.

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi!  I’m new here and a date twin too—-I have booked photographer, ceremony/reception location, florist, cake, DJ, officiant, my dress and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.

Post # 11
5 posts
Newbee

Hey Ladies, I have a date, and it’s yours too! We finally booked the hotel where we have been hoping to have our ceremony and reception. It’s a pretty swank boutique hotel in an old factory. It feels so good to finally have an answer to "so do you have a date yet!?"

Post # 12
2007 posts
Buzzing bee

And another one!  

We just got started (officially) but we planned out a lot of the fun stuff already.  We don’t have any vendors booked, but the ceremony/reception will be at my dad’s farm and my mom will be growing the flowers so that helps.  Unfortunately, I just found out that an old photographer friend of mine who I was hoping to hire has already been booked!  

Post # 13
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Hi DATE TWINS!!!

I got engaged on Christmas Day of 2008 and we chose this date because our birthdays 5 days apart (mine is the 9th and his is the 14th) So its the weekend between both of our Bdays!!! We have a ceremony location and a reception venue (with catering included in the price) and photgrapher/ videographer/DJ are all friends of the family….All thats left is decor and transportion…ANy IDEAS? We’re going for a fall theme…Reds, oranges, Golds,& yellows.

Post # 14
161 posts
Blushing bee

we just decided to change our date to 9-12-09.  Originally we were planning to have a family ceremony in Vegas on 9-9-09 and then a party in town on 9-12-09.  Yesterday we decided to cut out the ceremony in Vegas and do everything on 9-12-09 at my parent’s house.

Post # 15
161 posts
Blushing bee

@ <span class=”postby”> FMH we are also having sunflowers (LOTS of sunflowers) with the main color being blue with some green accents.

I would love hear some of your ideas for this color/flower scheme because everything I find seems very "country" and I want it a little more classic. 

Post # 16
51 posts
Worker bee

@Amber1279
Hmm…we are going with a more rustic "country" feel to our wedding because honestly, we’re just two hicks getting married , so I had to put on my “classic” thinking cap. 

With that said, I think more classic look can be done with sunflowers.  What I first thought of is that you could use black, but now I remember that you’re using blue, but I think that blue could be substituted.  To me, blue and yellow seem kind of “preppy” when paired together.  I’m thinking something like Miss. Piglet’s STD’s, but instead of lotus flowers, you could use sunflowers with flourishes instead of vines.  I think you could also go classic with lots of crisp white, i.e. white tablecloths, napkins etc.  

Hope that this helps and good luck with the planning!

The topic ‘September 12, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors