3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2008

That is my date…YAY!

Post # 4
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

me!!!  i’m getting married 9/19/09.  we’re getting married on the big island of hawai’i (i grew up there and we both love it) and i cannot wait!  we’ve had a long engagement (it will be 2 years when we get married in sept) and i’m sooooooooo excited to finally say "i do"!!!!

where is your wedding?

Post # 5
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Woot Woot!  We picked this day because it’s our anniversary

Post # 6
112 posts
Blushing bee

What are your wedding colors?  We’re still trying to figure out our exact shades, but we’re thinking a mixture of Light Blue, Dark Purple, and White…. We’re getting married in Santa Cruz, Ca so it’ll be beach themed.

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2008

Our colors are just different shades of green and hints of white….I guess it is simple.

Post # 8
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Me too!  I told my FH that he could pick any Saturday in September, since I just couldn’t handle the pressure of choosing :), and he picked the 19th!  His reason, sort of like cj2009 – our anniversary is August 19th, so he’s sure he remember.

Evening wedding in an old theater in Kansas – colors are red and gold!

Post # 9
112 posts
Blushing bee

Hi!  I am a 2 ceremony bride – 9/12 and 9/19. 

Our ceremony on the 19th is the more "traditional" one at a sand-stone church with stained glass windows.  The church is pretty dark because lighting is limited to antique lanterns, so during the ceremony I am using traditional colors of ivory, green, and maybe yellow.  The reception will bring in the colors that I love: pink (hot pink), raspberry (more purple), and green.  The girls will have pink/purple dresses from Ann Taylor (dupioni silk) – now on sale for $39.99 (score).  For girls looking for ocean blue bm dresses, the dresses I selected also come in this color and are the same price in sizes 2 – 18 (great deal).   

So, I can check off the following: church, reception site (includes catering), photographer, and bm dresses.  I guess my dress is next, but I am so indecisive that I am nervous about getting it too early.     

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed when looking at monthly wedding checklists?  I have a love / hate relationship with mine.        

Post # 10
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Hi! We are getting married on 09.19.09 in downtown Chicago and are so excited! We love our date–we wanted a September wedding but didn’t want to have it over a holiday weekend, so it works out well, plus it’s a memorable set of numbers! 🙂 As for what we’ve got covered so far–the venue, officiant, photog, videog, DJ, makeup artist, hair stylist, my gown, and my shoes.

We’re still trying very hard to find a decently priced, good quartet for the ceremony music and I need to get the ball rolling on the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. I’m still on the fence about our colors–I’ thinking a deep blue with a bright (almost lime) green, but it might depend on what Bridesmaid or Best Man dress color we choose.

And yes, I also have a love/hate relationship with the checklists! They make me feel so behind on some things!

We are also not sure when to do our Engagement photo shoot–when are you ladies doing yours? Are you sending out Save-The-Date Cards, and if so, when–March? April? We’re also not sure when to start registering!

Happy new year, everyone! Best of luck planning! 🙂

Post # 11
21 posts
Newbee

Hello! I’m 9-19-09 as well and planning a vineyard wedding in Western VA. My fiance is in Iraq, so we did a lot when he was home on leave. We have the vineyard, the church, the photographer, my dress, engagement photos done, done, and done! My main color is Dark Navy (to match his uniform), and fall colors in the flowers and decor. I’m new to Weddingbee but really excited! Good luck to everybody’s planning!!!

Post # 12
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

YAY!!! I am getting married on 09-19-09 too! I love 9!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to get married on 09-09-09 but that is a wednesday:( haha! I am so excited! Congrats to you all too! We are getting married at a ranch resort in eastside tucson! I recently went cake testing with my fiance and they said we were REALLY early! When should I register? For the lady above, I would take your engagement photos in March or April! That way you have time to send them out in your invitations if you choose.  Does anyone know of a cheap place to have a honeymoon? We are young and he is still going to be in school!

Thanks~!

Post # 14
21 posts
Newbee

It’s never too soon for a Registry, in my opinion… We registered before he left in November and I’ve been amazed at all the stuff people are buying already. We got a few things for Christmas– 2 place settings of our China, etc. Plus enagement gifts, plus shower gifts— I say go and register whenever you’re ready.

Right now we only have one registry at BedBathandBeyond… they had pretty much everything we wanted, they have a fantastic return policy, and you get a discount when you close the registry. I hear Target isn’t the greatest. 

Has anybody else gone dress shopping/looking yet?

Post # 15
112 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, some of us are registered – that is awesome.  We are trying to decide on a traditional registry or a honeymoon registry.  I don’t really want a lot of gifts b/c we both own our homes and when we get married we will have to consolidate.  Is anyone else doing a honeymoon registry?  What about simply registering with a travel agent?  I heard that someone did that before and it worked out great b/c the travel agent kept collecting $ even after the trip was paid for and simply gave it to the couple in cash!

I got a jump on bm dresses, which forced me to stick with a color scheme. Like Katie, I am also going the opposite of fall colors and consider my wedding colors to reflect "A Late Summer Bash."  So, I am going with muted colors for the ceremony b/c I read somewhere that if the church is pretty dark you should use a simple color scheme.  The flowers will be ivory with different shades of green.  The only exception are bm dresses that the girls ordered online from Ann Taylor.  They are pink/purple, so my bouquet will have that mixed in.  Also, if anyone wants to save on anything Ann Taylor, I have a 20% off code that lasts a few more days.   

The reception, on the other hand, will have bursts of color.  I know it might sound odd, but I love the idea of 2 totally separate spaces. 

Is anyone else doing 2 separate themes for ceremony and reception? 

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

WOW! Thanks for the feeback about registering and honeymoon options… We will definitely be making a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond, and Target.  Is it okay to have more than two places to register at, or will the guests think we are being demanding? I just want them to have options… Also, the green hues sound gorgeous!  I am thinking a deep red or maybe a teal blue-ish color… Can you believe it ladies-we will be married in less than nine months!

The topic ‘September 19, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors