(Closed) September 2010 Brides! What have you done so far?

posted 9 years ago in September 2010
Post # 3
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I am August 2010 (close enough) and I thought I was ahead but you are way ahead of me!

I have the reception venue, flowers, and Photog!

And I am doing DIY Save-The-Date Cards

Post # 4
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We have the church, officiant, hall, and photog.  We are debating DJs right now.  I am trying to space it all out.

Post # 5
218 posts
Helper bee

I don’t have much done at all!  I’ve chosen a venue, but haven’t signed the contract yet.  I have booked a photographer though.

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee

I got my dress in January of this year and we are going to look at bridesmaids dresses this spring since the fall colors will be on sale.  We also have our venue and officiant but we aren’t able to order the cake until 10 months prior to the wedding.  I have started a lot of DIY stuff, candles, etc.  I am buying everything one at a time with my Michael’s coupons since I have so much time!  If anyone has a Michael’s in their area, you get a 50% off coupon for signing up on their website.  I used my email, my fiance’s, my mom’s and my sister’s.  It really helps…

Post # 7
12 posts
Newbee

i have my venues (ceremony and reception), caterer, and photographer.  we are diy-ing the music and have that pretty much decided on, just not purchased yet.

Post # 8
92 posts
Worker bee

We have the venue (which caters and does cakes), the photog and DJ (they are of the same company), the dress, the jewelry, and the bridesmaids are picking their own dresses. Save-The-Date Cards will be sent via email. Already tested out a wedding website that controls RSVPs so RSVPs will be done online. Also just started putting things into a registry. Have given the task of finding an officiant to my fiance but that doesn’t seem to be moving along very much. 🙁

Am DIYing the invites, veil, centerpieces, boutonnieres and bouquets. Am also sewing my own reception dresses (am having a Chinese dress and evening gown for the reception)

Post # 9
469 posts
Helper bee

I have my church taken care of, my reception hall which includes food, bar, and cake. They also include centerpieces but not what I want and I cant seem to get an answer from the banquet manager about how much it would be to do what i want or how much it would be to take them off the package. This frustrates me. I met with a florist, but Im not sure on that yet since Im waiting to hear back from hall. I do have an amazing photographer lined up and Im pretty much sold on a DJ and dress for me.

It was pointed out to me yesterday that Im pretty much a year out and this makes me feel paniced and I dont know where to start!

Post # 10
71 posts
Worker bee

I’ve got my venue, caterer, dress and photographer.  I’m thinking next projects could be…cake?  Then bridesmaid dresses perhaps?  

Post # 11
2634 posts
Sugar bee

I have my ceremony and reception site, my photog, my dress, his suit, most of my accessories, the DOC, some random decoration items (shepards hooks, a few baskets, votive holders, vases), and our colors are picked.

Post # 12
2470 posts
Buzzing bee

I have church and reception site booked. Photographer booked. Band searching underway (music not rings).

We also have our save the dates done (we are sending earlier than usual – in Nov 09). Then a whole list of ideas waiting to be put into action!

Post # 14
2470 posts
Buzzing bee

My dad really wants a live band so we are searching for one that is not cheesy or overly expensive. We have a family friend who DJs as a plan b.

feel free to check out my blog at http://crosscountrywed.blogspot.com so you can see where I’m at in wedding planning and share your suggestions too!

Post # 15
290 posts
Helper bee

I’ve got the ceremony/reception venue (includes the catering, “rentals,” DOC), dress, photographer, and the groom 🙂

Post # 16
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Almost Mrs G-The groom’s the best part! I have my ceremony, and reception sites. Chair rentals, bar services, and wedding dress picked out but will be ordered/ put deposits down next week. I have my centerpieces, escord cards, and DIY photobooth thought out, but am waiting for fall for apples and pumpkins to arrive to play around. I’m having some controversey with Bridesmaid or Best Man and Maid/Matron of Honor dresses. I have to fit 5 different body types in 4 different states. This i proving to be quite challenging!

The topic ‘September 2010 Brides! What have you done so far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors