(Closed) September 2010 brides?

posted 8 years ago in September 2010
Post # 3
2703 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

4 months away, sounds like you’re getting everything done.

we have to book our rehearsal dinner venue or caterer (if we decide to do it at the house), address our shower invites, address our wedding invites, and do all the paper products for the day of… and our 2nd meetings with all our vendors in august… but we’re all set to go elsewise! πŸ™‚

here’s a board for all of us 9/2010 brides!!

http://boards.weddingbee.com/board/september-2010

Post # 4
627 posts
Busy bee

i’m still deep in DIY land, and the progress is s..l…o…w…

determined to get there, though!

Post # 5
2889 posts
Sugar bee

My mom confirmed the rehersal dinner venue this week and I just gave final approval on my invite mock-up last night so I’m waiting for them to be plated and then pressed and sent to my mom then getting them out is priority #1. I also need to sign a hotel room block contract and buy mine and FI’s flights to the wedding as well as booking flights for his parents to fly with us. At this point, the big stuff is taken care of and if I did nothing else besides invites and flights I “think” we can have a wedding so everything else is just small details like ironing table runners.

Post # 6
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

This is my DIY list for this weekend (it’s a long weekend in Canada):

• Finish sewing invitations and stuff envelopes
  • Finish collecting addresses (most left are FI’s people)
  • wrap votive holders with lace
  • cut jam jar skirts
  • make buttons *if* button supplies show up today!

I have to come up with an idea for my card box. I have one from a friend but the more I think about it the more I kind of hate it, LOL!

Sunday I’m trying out the food at our rehearsal dinner spot, and if it’s good I’ll finalize the menu and book.

I’m secretly praying that we get more ‘no’ RSVPs than we’re expecting, I’m getting a bit stressed out we can’t fit them all under our tent!!! Otherwise, I think we’re pretty good! Oh but I need to find out when my dress is coming in. I’m getting a bit anxious about that, but I do realize I have lots of time πŸ™‚

Post # 7
4547 posts
Honey bee

We just met with our venue and confimed everything and set up a menu. We still need to decide what type of chicken dish we want, if we want a fish dish, and what appitizers we want.

We’re meeting with our florist on Tuesday to work out all those details. I need to go to my first dress fitting next month, make the centerpieces, and send the guest addresses out to our invitation lady. Hopefully my something old will be ready soon, it’s my great grandmother’s diamond reset into a tulip catherdreal solitare. What I really need to do is step up the working out!!!

We’ve also recently decided to do sparklers instead of bubbles and someone is giving us extra she had left over for our wedding! Our invitations are proofed and look amazing. My Maid/Matron of Honor is sending out the bridal shower invites.

Basically we’re at all the little details phase and everything seems like it’s coming together which is very exciting!

Post # 8
2867 posts
Sugar bee

I JUST finished printing everything for my invites I’ll be assembling them this weekend – I’ve been working on them since March!

Order my flowers for my DIY centerpieces this week. Next week I’ll be making the final payment to our venue.

Other DIY projects for the actual wedding are being put off till June & July.

Post # 9
1732 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve pretty much canned all thoughts of DIY except for programs.  I feel like we’re done with the bog stuff, other than dress fittings and menu tastings.

Post # 10
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ve gotten a lot done recently (cake, flowers, rings, finalizing dinner menu).  I still need to…

• finalize guest list
  • order invites
  • buy my shoes and jewelry
  • buy candles/other decor not provided by florist
  • DIY menus and invitation inserts
  • figure out music and make ipod playlists
  • decide on cocktail hour food
  • figure out what kind of alcohol we’ll offer

I feel good that most of the big stuff is done.  I want to make the “last 100 days” as peaceful as possible.

Post # 11
809 posts
Busy bee

My one goal this weekend is to get my Fiance a shirt for his suit! He’s been procrastinating like crazy, but he wants to buy a custom made shirt. I want to make sure he’s got time to order it and still have time to buy something else if he doesn’t like it. I’m also still on the hunt for rolls of cork board to put in a huge frame. Oh and the alcohol thing is still on my mind. 

Ya. I’ve got a lot to do. πŸ™‚

Post # 12
431 posts
Helper bee

we picked out our wedding bands today!!! Laughing

other to-dos for this week and next:

• meet with day-of coordinator
  • makeup trial #1
  • e-pics
  • rehearsal dinner rentals and catering (doing it at our house)
  • order paper for DIY programs, placecards and menus
  • GOCCO arrived yesterday!  yay!
  • decide on favors
  • start dancing lessons

Post # 13
4024 posts
Honey bee

Getting ready to make our invites!

Post # 14
2186 posts
Buzzing bee

we have gotten a lot done – but still some things are left…

my dress fitting is next month

need to book transportation for the day of

need to purchase table linens and the gear for the centerpieces (DIY candle centered)

pick up invites and assemble them

buy my veil!

picking out wedding bands tomorrow

and…. yeah i think thats it *deep breath* its coming down to the wire!!! *AUGH!!!!*

Post # 15
28 posts
Newbee

ALL YOU LADIES ARE MAKING GREAT PROGRESS! Being that im unemployed all i do is wedding stuff.. so much that i have picked up helping a couple friends who are getting married this year too.. I think mostly small things i need to get done.. its a long ordeal.. and the day will be here before we know it!! πŸ™‚ YAY to september brides πŸ™‚

Post # 16
1408 posts
Bumble bee

I only have 103 days to my wedding (3.25 months!!) and I am all crazy with planning.

-Trying to finish up my DIY sailboat table numbers (I plan to share these when I am done!)

-Trying to finish and finalize invitation bits. Then I need to print and cut and assemble to get them out sometime in the next month.

-Trying to decide on where to buy our pies and cupcakes.

-Waiting for my dress- due in early-to-mid july!

-Trying to get Fiance to pick an affordable suit, buy it, and let his groomsmen know about it.

-Heading to Ikea this week to pick up the last centerpiece vases for the tables.

-working on the programs, and other paper goods.

The topic ‘September 2010 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors