(Closed) September 2011 Brides, when is your bridal shower??

posted 9 years ago in September 2011
Post # 17
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hey girls – quick question ( I may make a post a about this..)

Who is throwing your showers? I had my maid of honor tell me it is normally my family and MOI family that throw them. She thinks the bridesmaids are only responsible for bachelorette party stuff..

We have thrown so may bridal showers for my friends without their families. So, I am confused. She got a little mad at me and made it seem like i was being rude.

Let me add that my mom is handicapped and homebond and can’t help me plan anything!

What do yall think?

Post # 18
49 posts
Newbee

@bhs133:  I think the Maid/Matron of Honor and bridesmaids are supposed to throw it. 

Post # 19
121 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding is 9-10-11, First shower is 7-9 second is 8-13

Post # 21
572 posts
Busy bee

@bhs133:I’m pretty sure the Maid/Matron of Honor and BM’s throw it too.  Although We are having 2, one for his side and one for mine.  My Maid/Matron of Honor, my two sisters (BM’s) and my Aunt are putting together the one on my side and my other two BM’s, his mom and a few other family friends and relatives on his side are throwing the other one. 

Post # 22
38 posts
Newbee

Wedding is 9/4, shower is going to be 6/18.  Just works better this way, a few of my bridesmaids are out of town so we will do shower mid june, bachelorette party mid july…

Post # 23
26 posts
Newbee

Our wedding is 9/3 and our shower is super early – 5/14! We’re from Ohio (and our wedding / shower is there!) but we’re living in AZ so we had to plan things around our reception tasting and flights and all that jazz! Pretty pumped it’s in less than a month and less than 5 to the wedding! 

Post # 24
1137 posts
Bumble bee

Wow – people already have them planned? Makes me realize I likely won’t be getting one – sister (MOH) will have a newborn this summer, and FI’s parents aren’t ones to do those things.. kinda disappointed, as I feel like I’ve been cheated this wedding (sisters got things and they say I don’t need them..).

Post # 25
110 posts
Blushing bee

My wedding is 9-17-11 and my bridal shower is 7-17-11 (me and my Fiance 4yr anniversary) I’m hoping for that date because my mom and sister (my MOH) is throwing the shower and it’s going to be a suprise.

Post # 26
65 posts
Worker bee

My mom and Mother-In-Law are throwing a large joint shower on 06-12-11, the wedding is 09-10-11. The RSVPs are already coming in for the shower! I cannot believe how fast time is passing!

Post # 27
345 posts
Helper bee

My sister and other bridesmaids are throwing the shower on August 27 (wedding is September 24). I’m getting really excted about it all. The shower will be at a park with PADDLEBOATS and PONIES!

Post # 29
2067 posts
Buzzing bee

Wedding is 09/03/11 and first shower is 7/10/11.  That shower is thrown by my church, so my family and friends are kinda all throwing it….I think I’m having a second shower on 8/7/11, but that’s not set in stone yet… That shower will be thrown by my mom, but with Bridesmaid or Best Man helping ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 30
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Mine is about 2 months before the wedding

Post # 31
79 posts
Worker bee

Old ettiquette is that family does NOT throw showers and that is sad since I doubt dd will get one.  I’d do it except for the fact that the extended family all hold those old policies as written in stone and it would really be considered rude by them.  Too bad.  Something unusual, dd and her friends are all in the physical-fitness trade in one way or another so Maid/Matron of Honor is throwing a party in which everybody is going to participate in a race. As in jogging. Oh dear.  I think I am busy that day.  ๐Ÿ˜‰  Yikes…and they want dd to invite all the aunts, grannies, etc? 

I’m so glad so many of you already have showers planned and have that to anticipate.  Anybody want to come out for a run?  lol

The topic ‘September 2011 Brides, when is your bridal shower??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors