(Closed) September 2011 Brides, where are you honeymooning?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We’re planning to go to Greece.  I need to get on planning it at some point, though.  I’m not sure how expensive it will be, but we’re pretty willing to splurge on this.  I’ve been before, but it was by myself and I really want to go again when I can relax more, and he’s never been despite studying classics and ancient Greek in college.

Post # 4
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think we’re going to go to Africa. 2 week trip safari and beach.

Probably won’t go until Jan/Feb 2012.

It will probably be very expensive, but it will be a once in a life time trip.

Post # 5
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

@KatNYC2011:  We had friends who did this.  I think they went to the Seychelles for a week and sat on the beach and then spent a week in Kenya (I think it was Kenya – may have been somewhere else).  Their pictures were AMAZING. 

Post # 6
1843 posts
Buzzing bee

We’ve narrowed it down to Tulum, Mexico vs. Jamaica (Couples Resort) vs. the Dominican Republic.  I finally handed this one over to Fiance and told him to surprise me.

Post # 7
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2005

We are pretty sure we are going with Punta Cana Mexico

Post # 8
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Entangled: I was inspired by all of Hilsy’s photos (and I’ve always wanted to go to Africa).

Post # 9
325 posts
Helper bee

We’re spending 2 days in Barcelona followed by a mediterannean cruise out of Barcelona stopping at 2 ports in France and 3 in Italy. 

Post # 10
44 posts
Newbee

we are spending 2 weeks in maroma beach, mexico. i am a traveler and have been all over the world but S isn’t a huge fan of flying so we compromised on this location. i’ve been to mexico a million times and it’s a very population vacation destination so i was hesitant at first bc i wanted our honeymoon to be out of the ordinary but when my travel agent showed us this place i was blown away, even though it’s in mexico it looks like you are worlds away and you can’t beat the price. 2 weeks for an all inclusive resort with swim out pool suite we are paying $4700. i highly suggest looking into it!

Post # 11
2703 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

we were married in september 2010 and spent a week in riviera maya, mexico. we were worried about weather in the caribbean and had a fabulous time in our infinity pool all-inclusive suite 🙂

Post # 12
70 posts
Worker bee

We’re going to Mexico for a week. A friend of his family has a house on the beach in the Mayan Riviera and has graciously offered it to us for a week as our wedding gift.

Post # 13
1066 posts
Bumble bee

We are leaning towards St. Lucia!

Post # 14
2067 posts
Buzzing bee

CRUISEEEEEEEEEE!!! 🙂 It’s through Carnival… I think it’s called the Exotic Western Caribbean 7 night cruise… It stops in Honduras, Mexcio, and Grand Cayman Islands 🙂

Post # 15
1486 posts
Bumble bee

Munich for Oktoberfest! 

Post # 16
1757 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We got married in September 2010 and went to the Sandals resort in Nassau for a week right after our wedding. Including airfare, transportation, the all-inclusive resort, and the non-resort touristy stuff we did (we went into town one day and did a little shopping), I think we spent around $4500.

The topic ‘September 2011 Brides, where are you honeymooning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors