(Closed) September 2011 brides…Has the anxiety kicked in??!!

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oh yes.  This is what my brain has become…Where are my invitations? Why haven’t they been delivered? It’s been almost 3 weeks and my mother doesn’t have hers yet.  What about flowers? Do I know what I want? Do I know how I want them? Are we going to have too many people attend and therefore we won’t fit into the church? Are we going to be able to afford all of this in the end? Are people going to like it? Are people going to hate it? Where are we going to get chairs from? What if everything ends up looking ugly? What if my hair gets all frizzy?

(At this point I just want to crawl into bed & cry)

Post # 4
153 posts
Blushing bee

@Miss Smashville: Yay for you living in Nashville Ill be moving out there in a month (a week after the wedding)

Post # 5
197 posts
Blushing bee

@kfraztobe:  I moved here in 2006 and really like it.  Once I stepped outside my comfort zone and started doing things on my own, I really saw how much the city had to offer…sports, music, art, food and so many other things. 

Post # 6
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

um yes, I have had touble sleeping for the past week, I feel nausious already, and my and Fiance are going at it like cats and dogs. Cry

Post # 7
164 posts
Blushing bee

Yes and no on the anxiety…I just posted in the September board, and boy oh boy am I a mixed bag right now!  Just thinking about the wedding I get so giddy and laughy, but also a vague sense of panic.  I still have so many little things to get done, and the days are sliding by!

Whew, deep breaths….

Post # 8
197 posts
Blushing bee

Out of 156 invitations that were sent out, we have 78 unknowns.  Of those 78, we know 14 of them are lost in the mail.  I’m in a constant state of wanting to throw up and/or cry.

Post # 9
817 posts
Busy bee

I’m just waiting for all those RSVPs to come back…they are due back this Friday and I’ve only heard from 20 parties so far, and have about 120 more parties to hear from. They better get on it!

And I had my first wedding nightmare last night. It was that me and my bridesmaids were standing at the end of the aisle ready to walk down and they asked me where the bouquets were. I realized I forgot them at home. I ran to my car and drove home. By the time I got back all my guests had left because they didn’t want to wait for me. 🙂

I downloaded a list-making app for my iPhone so I will constantly have my to-do list with me. Every time I think of even the littlest thing, I put it in the list.

Post # 10
817 posts
Busy bee

I CANNOT decide on my hair though! ARgg! I keep changing my mind!

Post # 12
1501 posts
Bumble bee

I get excited, then I remember all the things left to do and I feel like there is not enough time. And what if this and what about that!! OMG!

Then last night we are trying to finalize the ceremony and spent a good five minutes going in circles. It is kind of funny.

I had picked three readings I liked and read them to him. I asked how many he wanted 2 or 3 and if two which ones. Then he states that he thought there was only 2. So I told him I had read 3 and asked again how many he wants.

Those two statements for about 5 minutes!

Post # 13
27 posts
Newbee

We were supposed to meet with our officiant yesterday but he forgot he was meeting with on and he was about 2 1/2 hours away from where we were supposed to meet up. I am getting very anxious. We are having two houseguest staying with us for about a week before we get married…. I am totally stressing out. I am so ready for the day to come. I also have been checking weather reports for our honeymoon location. The previous 10 days and the next 10 days are thunderstorms and rain…. I just hope it is nice while we are there. OMG I am totally freaking now.

Post # 14
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Clark Gardens

Yes.

Post # 15
925 posts
Busy bee

@Jen91011: & @Wannabe-diy-bride: That’s a great idea. I also use Google Docs because it’s in my email so I can use it on the computer or my phone and it’s with me at all times. I am such a list-maker, too.

I keep feeling like I’m falling behind but then I look at what I have done and I think I’m doing ok, I think it’s just the anxiety of knowing it’s coming up so fast that worries me and makes me panic.

We still have some weeks left, so no need to panic yet, girls!!!

Post # 16
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

I am definitely getting there, though I think my fiance is more stressed than I am.  I am pretty ready to say f it to a lot of little things, and almost all the big things are taken care of.  Also, we are apparently having a 65 person wedding instead of a 95 person one like initially expected.  Which is both more stress and less.

I keep having dreams that we forget to bring the rings to Carmel with us.  Or that I am too busy getting ready and don’t make it to the wedding… maybe I’m subconsciously worried that in all these details I might forget to get married!  Or maybe it’s the fact that I need to write our vows and edit our ceremony and our officiant is hiking to Everest Base camp and won’t be reachable for two weeks so maybe I should have gotten that done beforehand…

The topic ‘September 2011 brides…Has the anxiety kicked in??!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors