(Closed) September 2011 brides…Has the anxiety kicked in??!!

posted 9 years ago in September 2011
Post # 17
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oh yes – I definitely am.

It started just over a week ago with a dream that I went to get my dress, and it wasn’t there. Then they said it’s in this other room – so I go there and put it on, except it was not my dress, but instead some huge ballgown with red in it. I was waiting to see my dress for the first time since it came in, so I think that attributed to that dream.

Now, this morning I wake up from a dream that I showed up to my wedding, Fiance can’t find his suit, no one is doing the right thing, we screw everything up, and all the extras (centerpieces, candy buffet, etc) are left at home. I have a tendency to forget things, so I’m extra paranoid for this.

Ugh – I can’t take these dreams, as I can’t get back to sleep after them!

Post # 19
51 posts
Worker bee

What has been keeping me calm is the thought that at the end of the day, we’re married.  If i forget something, or the flowers aren’t the perfect shade, or 2 people are no-shows or someone gets too drunk….regardless…at the end of the day, we’re married.  I might be singing a different tune as it gets closer, but this thought process has allowed for me to let go of the anxiety and just get really, really excited. 🙂

Post # 20
566 posts
Busy bee

Yes.

We are 8 days away from our ABSOLUTE FINAL HEAD COUNT date and my parents apparently still think the guest list is a living document. Their last-minute additions, plus the last-minute additions’ uninvitied plus-ones (who DOES that, btw?? apparently everybody), plus last-minute cancellations from people who are “just too tired from remodeling every weekend” is really starting to freak me out.

As I told them last night, we are paying our balance next Monday, early, because I cannot deal with this anymore. Extra people who show up won’t have chairs or food. People who don’t show up are going to be costing us $125 each.

Hey, I feel much better. Thanks for listening.

Post # 21
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Totally anxious!  Anxiously worrying that my alteration lady is going to screw up my dress.  Also starting to feel anxious about looking my best on the day of the wedding and have decided to give up drinking alcohol, caffeine, and soda until my wedding.

Post # 22
4766 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Just found what i think is a lipstick stain on the bust of my dress yesturday!!! How the hell did that happen before the wedding??? So freaking paranoid that it won’t come out. Cry

Post # 23
13 posts
Newbee

I was feeling good until the second hair trial was a frizzaster as well! That resulted in an anxious few days as I thought about having awful hair on my wedding day, and hating all of the wedding pictures I’d been so excited about (love our photographers!). I ended up styling my own hair in a way I like, and felt waaay better about it! Phew! Now it’s just a matter of getting everything done in time – so much to do! 

Post # 24
5 posts
Newbee

I just made my remaining “To Do” list and it was 49 items long…that kind of stressed me out. But we went to a wedding last night and the couple had been so worried and distracted by silly details leading up to the wedding they were exhausted and beat by their wedding. So that has inspired me to spend the next 2.5 weeks trying to be productive, but taking a moment each day to get excited about the wedding and remind myself how luck I am to be marrying my best friend!

Post # 25
26 posts
Newbee

I feel the anxiety and am starting to get an eye twitch – bad sign! But less than a week away how crazy! 

Post # 26
15 posts
Newbee

@Jen91011:Agreed, I love the blogs so much but then I see other peoples ideas and I’m like oh I love that so much more, maybe we can change it etc etc. Mainly just trying to focus on what we have decided we are only three weeks away focus haha.

Post # 27
79 posts
Worker bee

How are your moms holding up?  I’m going back and forth between hand-wringing anxiety or just being excited like a kid waiting for Christmas.  My co-worker whose daughter is getting married 9-10-11 also was taken to the ER yesterday with chest pains.  I hope she is doing ok, we haven’t heard, and I know she wants her daughters wedding to be wonderful and not for her to be worried about her mom instead.  

I’ve been having bad migraines, anybody else?  Am trying not to be a worry-wart around my daughter so she won’t catch it from me.  She is showing definite signs of Bride Brain though. <G>  

Post # 28
15 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@geminidream:Well my grandmother is way more involved than my mother is and she is just trying to calm around me like you are doing with your dauther bc she knows I can get a bit frazzled at times. I personally go thru phases where I’m like nervous that I am forgetting something to calm and collected because I know I have everything. Honestly at this point I just want it to get here haha, of course after its done idk what I will have to focus on haha.

Post # 29
431 posts
Helper bee

OMG 8 days to go here and still got things to do!!!! I just cant wait for the day to come and be over with !! I just want it to be a beautiful and smooth day!

Post # 30
304 posts
Helper bee

On top of wedding planning, moving, and working full time I started grad school this week, has anxiety kicked in, umm YES!  My eyelid has been twitching for 3 days! 

I feel like I have so much left to do, I’m so nervous that all of my lists do not cover everything.  😮

Happy September brides and enjoy your day!

Post # 31
197 posts
Blushing bee

We’re down to 9 days.  I wouldn’t say it’s “anxiety” but I definitely can’t turn my brain off.  It’s constantly running through my list of things to do.  Right now the things stressing me out the most are (1) getting everything paid and (2) getting everything setup the morning of the wedding.  In reality I know that everything will be paid and that everything will be set up even if it’s not exactly how I’d like it but my brain won’t let it go.

The topic ‘September 2011 brides…Has the anxiety kicked in??!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors