(Closed) September 2011 Brides..where are you in planning right now?

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We’ve got our venue (ceremony and reception in the same place), caterer, and photographer.  I’m meeting with the decorator this month, I’ve gone dress shopping once and I’ve finished the website.  Trying to get Fiance to give me his final guest list but my list is closed and like you, will only be edited to take people off!

Post # 4
893 posts
Busy bee

Wow you ladies are on top of things!

We have the ceremony/reception site booked and the Save the Dates are designed! That is it for this gal so far. A few other things are in the works – like negotiating with caterers, but not much more than that. I feel behind!

Post # 5
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I have no idea whether I’m ahead, behind, or right on target.

Have ceremony & reception site booked

Caterer booked w/ prelim menu (she will also coordinate tent, linens, etc)

I’ve picked my dress (ordering in a few weeks)

We’ve picked our flower supplier

FI’s mom will make our cake

Picked string quartet for ceremony

Confirmed officiant (my godfather)

Post # 6
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

We have all our vendors except for DJ, which is next.

I already purchased my dress (it should be in February) and have been looking at bridesmaid dresses.

My Save the Dates are printed and once I collect all the addresses they will be ready to go.

Our guestlist is finalized.

Basically I just have a bunch of DIY projects to do!

Post # 7
70 posts
Worker bee

We have the ceremony/reception site, photographer, have chosen a florist but haven’t sent the deposit yet, and I have a dress.

I’m starting to feel stressed because my mom is pushing me to choose things, like, yesterday. We have/had a wedding planner, but have not been able to get in contact with her in over a month, so…yeah. I know there’s still time to get everything done. I really want to have a caterer booked by the end of January, though.

Post # 8
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

We have a venue (ceremony and reception), caterer, friend who will take charge of the music (but my fiance wants to do an iPod/laptop playlist).  Our guest list is mostly done, but not finalized.  We have the photographer picked out and did our engagemnet pictures.  We have the Save-The-Date Cards but haven’t sent them yet (need to address envelopes).  I set up a website but didn’t put much on it yet.

Post # 9
155 posts
Blushing bee

Things I’ve done:

-booked church & reception hall & caterer

-booked photographer 

-booked DJ

-bought centerpiece vases

-had a preliminary meeting about flowers…. need to figure that out!

Need to do:

-Save the Dates??  I wasn’t planning on it, but it seems that September is quite the wedding month and I’ve heard I should?

-Dress shopping!!!!

-order cake

What else is there? I try to take it one thing at a time, but I’m sure I’m forgetting things!

Post # 10
1986 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m october, but early so I’m going to pipe in!

I’ve got the venues booked, the dress ordered, some of the DIY stuff done, I’ve still got to fly down and do our tasting for the reception, that will be in a few months. I’ve got the invite template mostly made, and I have a website up 😀 Oh, I also have the photographer tentatively booked, as well as our engagement shoot coming up!

Post # 11
48 posts
Newbee

So glad to see other Sept. 2011 Brides on here.

So far, I have booked the following:

Ceremony/Reception site, Caterer, Photographer, DJ, Florist, Cake Decorator, and I bought my wedding gown! :o) We have our Save the Dates and will be sending them out in January. We also just purchased our wedding favors, which are fancy business cards thanking the guest for celebrating our day with us and that we’re making a donation to two organizations in honor of a couple family members.

The next things on my list are: find someone to marry us AND look into booking a block of hotels.

Post # 12
6394 posts
Bee Keeper

Here’s what we have:

• Venue
  • Caterer
  • Photographer
  • E-photos done and STD magnets are being shipped to my house!
  • Guest list, but no addresses yet
  • Drink stirrers that I spent an entire day on 🙂
  • 2/10 table numbers done
  • Centerpiece mock-up done and we have all needed supplies to finish them

What we still need:

• An officiant
  • A baker
  • A DJ
  • A ton of DIY projects, including finishing the table numbers (they’re more difficult than they should be :))

Post # 14
115 posts
Blushing bee

Hmmm… compared to everyone else on here I feel like I’m a little behind, but I think I’m still in good shape. We have the venue booked (ceremony and reception in the same place) and we came up with a fairly good draft of our guest list. Right now we’re working on figuring out the caterer and photographer. We already met with the caterer that we will likely go with, but we still need to make a final decision and sign the contract. And we’re meeting with a photographer next week. After that, I think the next thing up on my list is going to be dress shopping.

Post # 15
18 posts
Newbee

So far this is what I have done:

Have-venue, DJ, photographer, day-of Coordinator, caterer, wedding dress & shoes, bridesmaid dresses, website and wedding party, guestlist finalized

Still Need-officiant (Bilingual preferably), cake, send out save the dates

I’m creating my own centerpieces with the help from family & friends- using mason jars as centerpieces. I haven’t decided yet what flowers. I have many DIY projects on my to-do list! My fiance is creating our save-the-dates and invitations. 

Post # 16
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We have a venue/reception (same place) and that’s it. Caterer too since we have to use a certain one but no menue yet.

Am I behind?

The topic ‘September 2011 Brides..where are you in planning right now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors