(Closed) September 2011 Wedding at 7:30…..

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

i know it would add an extra expense but on the day of the wedding you can focus on getting all the pics w/you and your bridal party/family…and at a later date you can do a photos session with just the two of you, have your hair redone etc to mimic how it actually was on you wedding day…or you could ask your photog to bring some large lights to set up to help illuminate things…it may cost more b/c they are lugging extra equipment around though…

Post # 4
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think you need to just compromise and have the pics before the ceremony. Honestly, you won’t have time otherwise, and you definitely won’t have the light you and your photographer want. THat’s the price you pay for the venue you selected!

Post # 5
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

why is it that ur ceremony cannot start before 7.30? is that a rule from the venue?

Post # 6
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We have the same problem.. Our ceremony is not starting until 8pm and sunsets that day at like 715… We just gave in and decided wed do a special 1st look moment between the 2 of us… We still get our special time, we dont have to do it in front of everyone (AWESOME) and we get to enjoy our cocktail hour… good luck…

Post # 7
1518 posts
Bumble bee

I agree with @crayfish. If your ceremony is starting that late and you wait until after the ceremony to take pictures… you will have no time to enjoy your reception! You could still do a 1st look with the photographer. Walk down the aisle and meet him.. have him turn around to see you as you approach. 

Post # 9
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

does yor photography package come with an engagement shoot? if so, you could ask your photographer to switch that to being a post-wedding shoot with just you and your husband. it’s a great excuse to get to wear your dress a second time! although it may add some expense if you want to get your hair and make-up done again.

Post # 10
499 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I hate to break this to you, but if there are rehearsals going on in your venue, you won’t be able to use the aisle for pictures.

You could find an inside spot for your pictures together so the lack of sunlight doesn’t matter.

Post # 11
1000 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@jessicab711: I agree 100% with Crayfish that you should do a first look and have it done right so you don’t see each other until that moment when your photographer is ready to snap photos of his face as he sees you. It’s a private moment, and you get to embrace… it’s wonderful. I had one for my own wedding and no regrets.

However, if you are absolutely set on not seeing him before the ceremony, have you considered taking the photos at big, beautiful indoor location nearby? You’ll want to make sure your photog is adept at using off-camera flash if need be and natural indoor light without flash.

As far as taking photos outside in the dark goes, JUST DON’T DO IT! I would not agree to shoot a wedding if I knew in advance that the bride and groom planned on taking their couples photos outdoors in the pitch dark. There is no amount of portable lighting that can illuminate an outdoor terrain and the night sky.

Post # 12
1518 posts
Bumble bee

And even if you don’t walk down the same aisle as the ceremony it can work. We had our ceremony in a different spot then our 1st look but we still had it set up that i was walking down a path to him and he turned around (similar feel just not exact local). It actually allowed us to get pictures in both places of then venue that were neat. 

The topic ‘September 2011 Wedding at 7:30…..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors