(Closed) September 2011–When are you sending invites?

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

My wedding is Sept 3rd.  I am going to send my invites out mid June and I have an RSVP date of Aug 13th.  We just finished stuffing the invites yesterday!  Still need to seal them and put the stamps on, but by then it will almost be time to send them out!  Yeah!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
48 posts
Newbee

Mine is Sept 3 and we are mailing them out in the next couple of weeks.  But we have a ton of out of town/country guests ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
121 posts
Blushing bee

My goal is to have them in the mail by June 30, with an RSVP date of august 1. Our hotel block is good until July 31, so I want to make sure people get them and have time to plan accordingly.

Post # 6
336 posts
Helper bee

Oh gosh. I had planned on sending invites out mid June, with 3 months to go, then RSVPs due 1 month before.

But now as I don’t even have a venue confirmed any more I will probably have to wait! I am doing them myself with multiple layers like in my old mock-up picture below (excuse the cut and paste image and clip art – my far more artistically talented than myself brother will be illustrating them), so I’m planning on having the bottom layers ready to go, so as soon as we have a venue and time and all those other details people want to know about I can just print the info layer and stick it on top and send. Although I doubt I’ll have time to have all that ready when I’m spending all my time trying to find somewhere to actually have the wedding!

Post # 7
609 posts
Busy bee

I’m hoping to have mine out in late June or early July.. I actually am still deciding right now if I’m still DIY’ing mine or just ordering them..

Post # 8
230 posts
Helper bee

I wasn’t planning on sending ours out until July 9th, with an RSVP of August 20th. We don’t need a final number to our caterer until 3 days before the wedding..

Post # 9
566 posts
Busy bee

Ours went out in two batches, one a couple weeks ago and then the rest this past weekend. Our wedding date is September 3rd (Labor day holiday weekend) and is about 400 miles away from most of our guests, so we wanted to give them early notice (didn’t do save-the-dates).

We asked for RSVPs by mid-July, which gives us a week or so before we have to give the reception venue a final head count.

Post # 10
1137 posts
Bumble bee

We are planning for the end of June/beginning of July. Really, it just depends on when we get the actual invites done. I’ve got the paper products, but we haven’t built the templates to even start designing them. We keep saying we should work on that, but haven’t actually worked on them.

Post # 11
1501 posts
Bumble bee

Mine were out about 2.5 weeks ago and the rsvp date is July 31.

Pretty much everyone but a handful of people have to travel so we wanted to give them lots of time to make arrangements.

Then there was the looming postal strike so I sent them earlier than I was planning and thankfully I did as pretty much everyone has them and mail will only be getting delivered for one more day.

Post # 12
553 posts
Busy bee

@mkewed2010: we’re on the same page!! Our wedding is September 2nd, mailing out invites mid June and having an rsvp date of August 12th! 

Post # 13
405 posts
Helper bee

@krystallite: That is crazy!  I was kind of worried that my RSVP date was late compared to others…but looks like great minds think alike ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 14
553 posts
Busy bee

mkewed2010: i agree!! plus, i sent out save the dates too, so they had a heads up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
1263 posts
Bumble bee

We are mailing ours out July 16 with an RSVP date of August 13. That gives guests 4 weeks to RSVP and then me 2 weeks to track down any missing before I have to have the final head count in to our venue.

Post # 16
59 posts
Worker bee

Wedding is Sept 3, and I will send the week after 4th of July, RSVP date August 8th. I would’ve like to send earlier, but we haven’t been able to finalize/print them yet, plus my mom is coming to visit 4th of July weekend to help put them all together.

The topic ‘September 2011–When are you sending invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors