(Closed) September 2011–When are you sending invites?

posted 9 years ago in September 2011
Post # 17
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Our wedding date is Sept 3rd…we were planning on sending them out mid-June with a reply date of August 3rd. But now with the Canada Post strike I’m so nervous that it won’t all be resolved by then !! They’re all stamped and ready to go … kind of wish I had sent them out last week before all this mess began to happen.

Post # 18
135 posts
Blushing bee

We are mailing them tomorrow! It took us four months working with a watercolor artist to get the actual invitations in then we had to assemble everything, including two inserts. Our RSVP date is August 5th! We have a lot of out-of-town guest so we wanted to get a solid count early! 

Post # 19
226 posts
Helper bee

We sent ours a few weeks ago with an RSVP date of July 23rd. Its a holiday weekend and the wedding is in a beach town. Almost everyone will be staying in hotels so I wanted to give people time to plan.

Post # 21
136 posts
Blushing bee

We’re getting married September 3rd and will be sending our invites out by the end of the month. Our RSVP date will be around August 6th (I think).
We figure it doesn’t hurt to get them out early since it’s summer. Plus we have the added worry about the Canada Post strike affecting us!

Post # 22
197 posts
Blushing bee

Our wedding is September 17.  We’re sending them out mid-July with the RSVP date in mid-August.  Our hotel will release our rooms 30 days before the wedding and with so many of our guests coming from out of town we wanted to make sure they had everything taken care of in time.

Post # 23
163 posts
Blushing bee

Our wedding is Sept 18 and we’re mailing them out June 28th with an rsvp date of August 1st.  We too have family out of town and it’s a convenience for us knowing where the guest count is sooner than later in the planning process.

Post # 24
79 posts
Worker bee

Wow, thank you Sept. bees!  DD’s wedding is the 10th and I’ve been trying to get her to even get the invitation suite *printed* so we could start assembling and THEN addressing to mail sometime at the end of the month and had an rsvp of July 29th.  Martha’s mag says you are supposed to have a 6-wk rsvp, but it looks like you all have diffferent timelines.  Thank goodness!

We are still having a hard time coming up with the directions sheet (you know with the map, etc.) but other than that are ready for printing.  I can’t wait to begin helping her assemble.  For some dumb reason this is exciting! lol

Post # 25
110 posts
Blushing bee

We are sending out ours the first week of July and the RSVP date is August 17th a month before the wedding.

OMG time is coming up so soon!!! It’s almost time!

Post # 26
410 posts
Helper bee

We just got the final proof of our invites back! Yay! So, we just need to take them to the printer now.

Our wedding date is Sept 24.  We only have a hand full of family coming from out of town and they got STD’s. We’re mailing them the Monday after our 1st shower, so July 25th, and the RSVP date is Sept 1st.

Post # 27
405 posts
Helper bee

Sent out my invites!  Couldn’t wait any longer 🙂  I am hoping the ones that are going to Canada get there…..

Post # 28
136 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@mkewed2010: It should be ok…it seems that certain provinces are doing random walk outs. I read today that in Ottawa (I think) they are striking on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It so dumb! If they do strike, I can’t see it lasting too long. Hopefully!!

Post # 29
920 posts
Busy bee

i sent mine the middle of may. 99% or my guests are oot though and our rsvp is august 10th. exactly one month before. i do plan on starting calls the first of august cus my venue told me last week they needed totals but the 30 day mark lol

Post # 30
297 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@cramandaberry: they already were on strike for a day here, no major issues. It will cause hiccups a little bit. I guess in the long haul it will cause enough of an inconvenience that it will be a useful bargaining tool. 

I am starting to fret because I feel like the lady doing my invites may be dragging her feet on them quite a bit. I contacted her in December and told her then “there’s no rush” the wedding isn’t until September. She has worked on designing them here and there. I have emailed her to say what else needs to be decided to finalize them and get them printed. She said she did a trial and she has to play with the colours because I won’t like them. I asked to see a photo but still haven’t received one of what they look like so far. She has emailed me the design so far but not the same as actually being printed.

Apparently I needed a *little vent session about this.

Hoping to have them out June 23 and RSVP date of August 17. 

The topic ‘September 2011–When are you sending invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors