(Closed) September 2012 bees !!! How are you feeling?!

posted 8 years ago in September 2012
Post # 17
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@soon2beMRSgq  well i hope both our cars will be back to good working order soon, this is the second time mine has had to be towed lol oh well, wot can ya do but laugh it off. n/p haha i’ve been using etsy for a long time, i actually used to have a shop on there but haven’t been able to stock it in awhile, but really it is a great place and you can usually find things much cheaper on there and better quality than a lot of internet places, plus the people on their are much more personable and easier to work with than a big factory that mass produces everything, and at least you know it’s going to support someone personally

Post # 18
439 posts
Helper bee

Now that the invites are out, I’m less stressed. Although we haven’t been getting in RSVP’s a fast as I would like. Oh well.

The only thing I’m stressing about now is finding time to work out so I can look slightly better in my dress. And finding some jewelry that isn’t totally ugly and totally over priced for the BM’s

Also, stressing about HOW FREAKIN EXPENSIVE this wedding is! Holy crap!

Post # 19
9829 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m about ready to start head hunting people for rsvps. The due date is this Friday and I have half back so far…come on people!

Post # 20
749 posts
Busy bee

I’m feeling pretty good 🙂 We finalized the guest list and have nearly all of the addresses ready. I have all of the invites ready to address and send, and packed up in sets of 20 so I can delegate to have them assembled. I am finalizing all of the vendors within the next few weeks, and I have some DIY to do too, but no one will miss it if I don’t get them done. We are bottling our own honey for favors, and the jars were shipped today. We should have those knocked out in an afternoon! Im trying to keep the stress levels down with a giant spreadsheet and priotitizing my projects! At least I know that at the end of the day, Fiance and I will be married and people will have awesome food to eat! The rest is not that important to me!

Post # 21
206 posts
Helper bee

gonatgo girl same here on the working out, i was doing good for awhile but now that it’s really crunch time on wedding stuff plus working full time i just haven’t had much time, though i also have less time for snacking on junk food also so i spose that is helping a bit

about the Bridesmaid or Best Man jewelry have you considered making it yourself, that’s what i did for mine and i’m really happy with how they turned out

haha ours is small-ish wedding and it’s still expensive! i have done really good on using coupons for Michaels and Hobby Lobby though, 40% off whenever i can get it!

Post # 23
439 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@OhwhataJenn:  I think my problem with jewelery is I don’t know what I want lol. Most of what I’ve found is super cheesey like this

I have one more store I want to look at, but it was so freakin hot out today I couldnt be bothered walking there. If that place has nothing, I found a few sets of earrings I like at le chateau and aldo that are like $15 each. More than I want to spend, but what can you do!

After my mini vacation in NYC this weekend, this slow down so I should be able to fit in some work outs. Hopefully!!

Post # 24
206 posts
Helper bee

gonatgo ooh i see your problem now, my theme is gothic steampunk so the jewelry was easier for me to make than buy esp. since i knew i wanted it a certain way these are mine:

if i see anything similar to the pic i’ll let you know =]

Post # 25
206 posts
Helper bee

what kind of dresses are your BM’s wearing and i’ll try to help find something that might look nice but not be too $$$

Post # 26
439 posts
Helper bee

The dresses are a dark blue/teal with a sweetheart neckline and a rhinestone applique on the hip. I’m thinking something like the styles below, but less than $10, because I have to buy 4 pairs and I’m cheap

Gem Drop

Studs

pearl and rhinestone studs (the applique on the dresses is rhinestone and peal, so I think these would really match well)

Post # 27
206 posts
Helper bee

the dresses sound gorgeous, ok yea unfortulately that type of stuff would be harder to DIY, i’ll keep an eye out tho

Post # 28
206 posts
Helper bee

well, things just got a little worse, found out today that my car is basically shot and would cost way more to fix than it’s even worth, not that we even have anymore money to fix it anyway… this WOULD happen 2months before the wedding <sigh>

Post # 29
6244 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

@londonchick:  LOL I feel that way when I look at the “To Do” list and see all FI’s things he needs to take care of… and still hasn’t… 

Post # 31
2104 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m feeling really good about the wedding from our end. Still want to lose 10 lbs before the wedding (Zumba and lifting should fix that), and I need to find shoes and order our rings, and book my hair and makeup, but those are minor things. 

The big thing is that I can all but feel a wave of guests about to make my life harder. You know, “can I have a plus one?” “I don’t want to sit at the same table as _____” “I only own a black dress and a red dress, which should I wear” “I don’t own a dress to wear to your wedding” 

It doesn’t help that we are the first wedding for a lot of my friends, so they probably see it as a party with prayers at the beginning. 

The topic ‘September 2012 bees !!! How are you feeling?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors