(Closed) September 2012 Introduction Thread

posted 7 years ago in September 2012
Post # 5
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

1. When is your wedding date?   September 8, 2012, in Freehold NJ
  2. How old are you and your partner? We’ll be 31 and 33 at the time of the wedding
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living?  I do postdoctoral research in chromatin biology, he does environmental analysis for a consulting agency
  4. What’s your engagement date and story?  November 20th, 2010 – not much of a story.  We’d commissioned a local jeweler to set my grandmother’s stone in a setting we desgined – November 20 was the day the ring was ready to pick up.  We went to the store, the jeweler insisted I try it on.  I put it on my finger, we all smiled, and then I said “Welp, not taking this off ever again.”  And that was that.  We knew we wanted to get married for months already.
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Our theme is “wedding”, and the colors are all shades of blue.  It’ll be secular, but incorporating a few Jewish traditions (glass  breaking, etc.).  The ceremony and reception are at a restaurant/event space.
  6. How many guests are you planning for? ~150.  Just sent out the STDs!
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us?  Nope. πŸ™‚

Post # 6
217 posts
Helper bee

1. When is your wedding date?  September 9, 2012
  2. How old are you and your partner? 41 and 42
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living?  I’m a paralegal (and student); Fiance is a computer engineer.
  4. What’s your engagement date and story?  July 25, 2011.  He pre-arranged with one of our favorite local restaurants and had the room to ourselves, the table set with flowers when we arrived.  We ordered a bottle of wine and instead of wine the waiter came to the table with champagne.  Chris got down on both knees and proposed!  We both cried πŸ™‚
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  Nautical/Nantucket Wedding theme; we live near the ocean and our venue is right on the water.  Our colors are Nantucket Red and Navy Blue.
  6. How many guests are you planning for?  75

Post # 7
19 posts
Newbee

1. When is your wedding date?  September 1, 2012

2. How old are you and your partner?  32 and 31

3. What do you and your partner do for a living?  I’m a financial analyst; he’s a project  engineer

4. What’s your engagement date and store?  July 17, 2011.  We had a picnic at the park where we run on a semi-regular basis.  After finishing lunch, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  Then, we ate dessert πŸ™‚

5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  Our wedding is at a nature preserve with a very old farm house.  The style is going to be vintage/rustic.  No set colors b/c there is no bridal party.  Planning on having lots of DIY projects and incorporating his Mexican heritage into the decor.

6. How many guests are you planning for?  Probably 100-125

7. Is there anything else you want to tell us?  I can’t wait for it to be closer to the date so I can seriously start buying stuff and DIY-ing my heart out…  I also can’t wait for my scheduled cake tasting (early Dec.).

Post # 8
6512 posts
Bee Keeper

Thanks for doing this @Crabbabs:!

1. When is your wedding date? September 8
  2. How old are you and your partner?  I’m 27. my lovie is 25
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living?  I’m a lawyer, and he is a journalist, currently back in school getting his Masters after two years as the sports editor for a local paper.
  4. What’s your engagement date and story?  We got engaged on June 20th, during my “birthday week” (yes, I celebrate for a week hehe).  He made a video as part of the proposal.  He wrote a script and then covertly went around to a bunch of my friends, his friends, and even got my out of town sis and friend in on the action.  I had no idea he was doing any of it, and it came as a complete shock.  I’m going to write and post the whole story once we get our blog up πŸ™‚
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  It is going to be an outdoor sunset wedding, with a tented ceremony.  Our colors are cobalt blue and yellow, and we are going for a relaxed, vintagey feel πŸ™‚
  6. How many guests are you planning for?  Around 100
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us?  We just got our first apartment together a couple of weeks ago!

Post # 9
6512 posts
Bee Keeper

@ImDaCat:  LOL @ “Our theme is ‘wedding.'”

@Ocean: Such a sweet story!

@MistyLuv79:  Oooh, cake tasting is exciting!  We’ll prob have to wait for spring for ours, as it comes with the venue and they don’t do winter weddings.  Any ideas what flavors you want?

Post # 10
2416 posts
Buzzing bee

1. Sept 8th 2012

2. I’m a pediatric RN and my fiance is a Project Manager for a technologies firm

3. We got engaged on FI’s birthday…we went to our favorite restauarant (in a hotel) and he surprised me with a hotel suite overlooking a park and champagne on ice…he then proceeded to tell me we had brunch planned the next day and he had gotten me spa treatments…a bit later he proposed!

4. We are having garden theme as we will be getting married on the rooftop garden. So far our stationary will match the theme as well as our placecard table and centerpieces…our colors are white/ivory – deep purple and gold.

5. We are planning/budgeting for 150 but are inviting about 180ish

We’re excited!

Post # 11
379 posts
Helper bee

1. September 2nd
  2. I’ll be 25 and he will be 26 when we get married.
  3. I’m a business analyst and he is geologist/project manager
  4. He proposed in July at his parents lake house while we were fishing at sunset, but i knew everything was coming he isn’t very good about keeping secrets.
  5. My colors are a coral pink and orange.  We are getting married at a historical site, so we are playing that up a little as a style.
  6. we are having around 150 ppl

Post # 12
    235 posts
    Helper bee

Good idea! πŸ™‚

1.When is your wedding date?

We’re getting married September 22, 2012.

2. How old are you and your partner?

I’m 23 and he’s 34 – we’ll be 24 and 35 for the wedding. I know, I know, older man yadda yadda. πŸ˜›

3.What do you and your partner do for a living?

I’m a journalist and he’s a graphic designer.

4. What’s your engagement date and story?

We got engaged August 22 partway through the most ridiculous ‘vacation’ ever. We travelled over 10,000 km in 11 driving days, both on one Honda Goldwing motorcycle that is older than me. We got rained off the highway in Valemount B.C. and he took the opportunity to propose to me during our first sit-down meal in days which was probably a good idea because we stopped fighting after that. πŸ˜›

5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?

We’re having an outdoor wedding and tented backyard reception. It’s going to be very DIY! Our colours are a mish-mash but the main one is yellow, with metallics, neutrals, and whatever my mom comes up with for the flowers. ‘Organized folky’ is what it’s being called so far.

6. How many guests are you planning for?

Fifty (49 and possibly one more) plus us.

Post # 13
    583 posts
    Busy bee

Hey all! I love this idea!

1. When is your wedding date? 9.8.12
    2. How old are you and your partner?  Right now we’re both 26, and we’ll both be 27 when we marry.
    3. What do you and your partner do for a living?  We’re both mental health therapists
    4. What’s your engagement date and story?  We got engaged Sept. 17, 2011 after dating for 6.5 years!  He did a “surprise” proposal (I knew it was coming some day, just not that day) while we were hiking at our local arboretum.  It was super beautiful and special, just us and our puppy!
    5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  The theme is “Mountains to Sea” after our favorite places/where my FI’s from and we live, and a local trail that goes from the Mts to the OBX.    The colors are yellow and green with hints of wood and tin.
    6. How many guests are you planning for?  Ugh, the guest list keeps ballooning.  At first count it was 226 invited, not including a lot of our friends.  My parents keep saying most they invite won’t come but you know you can’t always trust that!
    7. Is there anything else you want to tell us?  Not that I can think of right now!

Post # 14
    334 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

1. When is your wedding date? September 15, near Rapid City

2. How old are you and your partner? 25 & 30, but 26 & 31 at the wedding

3. What do you and your partner do for a living? Both students, but I will have my MA before we get married, so I’ll hopefully be working a nice job when we get married.

4. What’s your engagement date and story? I knew the proposal was coming, but I got a bit shy about it. It took him quite some convincing to get me out of the house… he proposed on a late afternoon walk in the woods.

5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? No theme. The colors, as far as we can/want to coordinate them, are robin’s egg & grey. Classic wedding in a slightly rustic setting.

6. How many guests are you planning for? About 100 will attend, but the official invite list including all courtesy invites is 138.

Post # 16
    185 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

1. When is your wedding date? Sept. 28…unless we change it again.
    2. How old are you and your partner? I’m almost 26, he’s 30.
    3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I’m a Stay-At-Home Mom & NG Soldier, he’s a PCA & busser.
    4. What’s your engagement date and story? We knew where this was heading long before it got there, lol. Official date was Oct. 3rd 2011
    5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? 40’s vintage with Scottish traditions, plum, ivory & black for the colours with some hunter green.
    6. How many guests are you planning for? 138
    7. Is there anything else you want to tell us? uhhh…lol

The topic ‘September 2012 Introduction Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors