(Closed) September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 257
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Steinberg:  Stay put, little girl!  You’re not done yet!  Hoping you can have a restful next few weeks to grow that baby a bit longer.  

Post # 258
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@BeatlesFan629:  Thanks! I just booked a photo session for 6 days after my due date, but they understand about her coming late or early. I’m pretty excited!

As much as I know we still don’t know about how life’s going to change once she arrives I’m feeling pretty good right now and ready for those changes. I’m excited to see how DH and I grow as parents, as a couple, and as a family.

Post # 259
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Steinberg:  aw stay put baby! keeping you in my thoughts.

View original reply
@MrsRose:  cant wait to see baby pics ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 260
1016 posts
Bumble bee

@Steinberg:  oh no!  I am so sorry to hear this!  I hope that little babe keeps cooking down there!  You are right, though, that if she were to be born now there is close to a 100% chance she would survive, especially if they got you steroids, etc. to help her development.  Amazing what they have accomplished medically to help premature babies, but a long-ish NICU stay wouldn’t be fun at all.  I will pray for you both! 

Post # 261
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Steinberg:  good luck! A friend of mine recently went into early labour at 30 weeks, and while it was a 5 week stay in NICU, he’s fine, she pumped the whole time and her breast milk is good so he’s doing pretty well now considering! Just so you know it can be ok! As long as they let you do lots of skin to skin when you can and pump every few hours. Praying your babe stays in longer though!

Post # 262
900 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@MissKabers:  I see. Bummer but that’s life, right?

oh and don’t worry about the crib arriving on time, since newborns don’t sleep well on their own in the beginning anyway. Or are you planning to have the crib right beside your bed?

we will use a Moses basket for the first 3-4 months so he’s within arms reach all night. Then we will have to transition him to the crib for space reasons, but prob still in our bedroom they don’t feel alone. My wife and I have been reading the Baby Sleep book by Dr. Sears and its been a huge eye opener. 

Post # 263
1126 posts
Bumble bee

@Steinberg:  Oh goodness, you poor thing,I can’t even imagine having to face this so early. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for lots more additional days.

Sorry ladies, I’m so far behind, school has been hectic with marking and report writing for the end of semester, but I have 2 weeks of school hols now so I’ll catch up soon ๐Ÿ™‚ probably should join the Facebook group too… Who do I contact again?

Post # 264
271 posts
Helper bee

@MrsRose:  I agree, my wedding was definitely easier to plan. LOL

View original reply
@Steinberg:  So sorry for your scare. I guess LO wants to make an appearance already! Like everyone else said, keep on cooking baby! Wishing you all the best!

Post # 265
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@MrsRose:  I know I mentioned on FB that it should be okay to take a newborn out, but if you aren’t comfortable with that, that doesn’t mean that you have to – it’s your baby so your choices/your level of comfortability are the most important! 

We’re going to start looking into daycares soon – I am overwhelmed by the task! Thankfully, Destination Wedding works in the field, so hopefully that will help us in finding a place – I think she is going to take on the initial research which is GREAT for me ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@Steinberg:  Thinking of you and willing your LO to stay put for 4 more weeks. That must have been quite the scary experience – you are one amazing mama! 

View original reply
@mtnhoney:  yeah, we aren’t too worried about the crib coming in late, since we do have other options – but truthfully, if it does arrive, I think that we are going to try doing crib right from the start. My sister did it with my nephew and he has been an amazing sleeper since very early on. We are right next door to the nursery and I just think that it makes the most sense for us. 

Post # 266
1546 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@hamikay:  @mrsmaskatobe is the one to contact!

Post # 267
1126 posts
Bumble bee

@pmerr:  thanks! 

Post # 268
507 posts
Busy bee

Hey ladies! hope everyone had a great weekend, its been pretty muggy and hot here in NY and a rainy summer so far (booo!) we finally got to rearranging furniture in our bedroom to make room for baby’s crib as well as cleaned up the house. i have to say it feels so much nicer coming home to a clean house, i didnt realize how much of a big difference it makes! went to see man of steel with DH and DS, it was long but i liked it, i dont think the LO enjoyed all the loud noises tho :/

I finally went clothes shopping for maternity stuff at Target, they have some nice things but i found some of it to be kinda expensive? i dunno i guess thats how maternity stuff costs, but i was able to get 3 shirts, a pair of shorts, a dress, a maxi dress and 2 bathing suit tops for $200. does that seem like alot of money or am i just being cheap? lol

still need to create a registry and make a guest list for the baby shower, still havent made any big purchases for baby yet. sigh, i feel like i’m running out of time, i need to get crackin!

Post # 269
524 posts
Busy bee

@CircleFace:  Coming home to a clean house is amazing.  We were away for a long weekend and I was so glad to know that when we returned the house was clean from last week when I cleaned it, plus the dog was at my parents’ house.  

Post # 270
1016 posts
Bumble bee

@Steinberg:  I’ve been thinking about you, any update? 

View original reply
@CircleFace:  maternity clothes are just disgustingly expensive.  It sucks. ๐Ÿ™ 

Post # 271
1455 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@hamikay:  Hey dear! Just PM me your info or find me on FB… Jordan Maska. It’s a photo of me and DH at our wedding.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors