(Closed) September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 362
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@JuneKallah:  Oh no! Hopefully everything is ok! That’s scary!

Post # 363
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I just did my prediction again:

The day you deliver, outside will be misty. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the night. After a labor lasting approximately 18 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 14 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and barely there red hair.

I have no idea what it is. Baby has been measuring ahead, so that heavy won’t surprise me, and red hair won’t surprise me either, even though we both have brown. Red is in our family.

Post # 366
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@HeyCorgi:  Congrats! 

Anyone up for a questionnaire?  I stole this from the August board:

When are you due?  Sept 3rd.  3 weeks!

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? not really…I’m keeping an open mind. All I know is Darling Husband will be the only one in the delivery room with me (other than doctors and nurses Smile), and I want skin to skin as much as possible. 

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Yep, it’s completely done. It’s literally the nicest room we have in the house. Sometimes we just go in there and look at it like, wow I can’t believe there’s going to be another person living here soon!

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? I think we actually have everything we need. This past weekend, I got all the postpartum stuff and anything we registered for that I felt we really needed that I didn’t end up getting at my shower

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I’m most looking forward to that moment right after she’s born where Darling Husband and I will meet her for the first time. I’m worried about possibly going into labor at work (been a fear of mine since the very beginning) and I guess I’m just worried a bit about labor in general.  Just because as prepared as I feel like I am, ya never really know what to expect. 

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) no.  anyone else?

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Girl πŸ™‚  Although lately, I’ve had this secret fear that the ultrasounds were wrong and she’s gonna pop out a boy.  Not that I wouldn’t be thrilled either way, but with pink/gray nursery colors and a ton of little girl outfits, it would definitely make things a little inconvenient. Her name is Avery Elizabeth πŸ™‚

Hardest part of this stage? I have little things here and there..acid reflux, being uncomfortable in general, getting up to pee a bunch of times throughout the night… but all in all, I know it could be so much worse. The hardest part honestly has to be getting up and going to work every day. I’m just tired. I’m ready to be done. 

weight gain? 37lbs.  yikes.  

stretch marks? ugh, I was doing SO well this whole pregnancy and then last week out of nowhere, I noticed I’m getting some on my “love-handles” area.  I was worried about that area from the beginning because when I gained a bit of weight after high school, I got some stretch marks there so I knew that was a sensitive spot for me.  But since I went this whole pregnancy without them, I thought I could escape them.  Oh well. 

do you have a bump photo? I’m on my work computer, so no. My bump has totally changed over the past two weeks though. I was carrying more wide my whole pregnancy, so my bump never looked as big as I thought it should’ve (for how many weeks I was).  She must have shifted positions though because now I feel like my bump has popped straight out. 

Post # 368
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@MrsMaskatoBe:  Very exciting! I’ve had an usual amount of discharge over the past week but I’m not sure that means anything for me.  TMI question, but was it obvious to you it was your mucus plug (was it clumpy?) 

Post # 369
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@cowgirlace:  goodness, it must be SO hard being away from Darling Husband and from home! I’ll be crossing my fingers for you that your LO shows up right on time! πŸ™‚

@Sunshine09:  I’m planning on working up until baby arrives – though I am hoping to be able to do so from home at the very end/if we go late. I am just worried that I will take off a week before our due date and then baby will decide to arrive 2 weeks late which would seriously cut into my maternity leave – so trying to be able to stay as long as I can – UGH!

@FloridaGatorBride:  try and relax! i know easier said than done, but just make sure you are taking care of yourself and the baby! 

@MrsMaskatoBe:  OMG! You are getting so close! I can not wait to hear about Beckett’s arrival!!! 

@JuneKallah:  Thinking of you! That sounds scary!

Post # 371
466 posts
Helper bee

and here I sit at work…not working…oops! Guess I’ll fill in the new update πŸ™‚

When are you due?  Sept 8th – 4 weeks! I can’t believe it!

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? we have some ideas, but not a formal plan. We have talked with our MW’s about a lot of our desires and they are standard practice for them, so I don’t feel like we need to write up a formal plan, because if something is going to go different than we think, it is because something crazy came up that we hadn’t thought of. I’d rather go in with a lose idea and not get stuck on an ideal that might not happen. We’ll see if this is the right decision! 

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? No πŸ™ We just moved two weeks ago, so we are finally getting settled. DW’s dad came by yesterday and painted the nursery though so we’re moving in the right direction! As soon as he paints the trim (later this week) we’ll be able to start setting everything up and then the crib will be delivered. I’m anxious to get it done, but in the end, I kind of like that we are busy with that this month instead of just waiting.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? I think we’re doing really well! We are waiting for the crib and glider to be delivered, but other than that we have everything we absolutely need – we may buy a couple more things we want before baby arrives, but there’s no pressure. Oh, and I might stock up on more diapers! 

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I am looking forward to most seeing Destination Wedding with our LO – and finding out if bean is a boy or a girl!! I have been carrying this little one for 9 months and I just can’t wait to see them in DW’s arms – I know it is just going to do me in! 

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) No way! I don’t even have the crib set up yet! 

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? We’re team green – and we have long lists for both genders πŸ™‚

Hardest part of this stage? The sleeping – it seems like I get a good night sleep every other night, but the nights I don’t are tough. Heartburn has been kind of icky, but tums have helped. And swollen feet/ankles by the end of the day aren’t the most fun – but I am LOVING the movement and loving my belly right now, so I wouldn’t change a thing! 

weight gain? 20 pounds so far  

stretch marks? not yet, but I know that doesn’t mean I won’t get them – my sister got hers right at the end. I check every morning and night and I won’t be surprised when they arrive. I am trying to be positive about it since I know it’s okay, but I have a feeling when they do make an appearance, I’ll be upset for a bit

do you have a bump photo? I’ll have to post our 36 week one when we do it tonight (we’ve been slacking a bit!) 

Post # 372
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

When are you due?  Officially, September 18th. Unofficially, August 28th. Just booked in my induction for September 2nd as they won’t let me go any longer than that for the babies’ safety. That’s 3 weeks max for me, ladies! Eep!   

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? Sort-of. Twin labour is notoriously hard to predict, so I’m not getting too attached to any plans. Would ideally like a birth that’s as natural as possible, though it’ll be hard to get around interventions full-stop. They’re strongly recommending an epidural around 4-6 cm because of the high dose of pitocin they’ll give me after twin 1 is born and also for the high chance of needing either assisted birth or emcs before then. They can give the kind that will still allow me to move around in labour and be upright, which is positive. 

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? All set up with crib and chest of drawers/changing table in our bedroom. We’ll do a proper nursery once my parents have left after the girls are born.  

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? Yep, just need to get a second cot, which we won’t do for a few months yet as the doctor recommends sharing at first. 

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I’m just really excited to meet them! Also, my parents are flying in from Indonesia to stay for a month from the 26th to help out, which is super exciting for me. 

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) No… are you supposed to? I feel like I missed this memo…

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Two little girls, likely to be named Philippa Winter and Vivienne Gray. (Pip/Pippa and Vivi for short) 

Hardest part of this stage? I’m sooooo uncomfortable. Terrible back and rib pain because Vivi is lying transverse, right under my ribs. Pippa’s head is waaaay down and she is always kicking poor Vivi because she’s cramped for space, which makes Vivi squirm and kick under the ribs–super painful! They think she’s cracked one of my ribs and bruised another. 

weight gain? About 25 lbs.   

stretch marks? A few have developed in the past week at the very bottom of the bump, but I didn’t even notice until Darling Husband pointed it out! 

do you have a bump photo? 

Post # 373
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

When are you due?  September 21st and everything has been right on track so far!

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  Um kind of. No pain meds and only Darling Husband in the hospital with me. I would love as much skin to skin and Boyfriend or Best Friend ASAP and Darling Husband going with her to the nursery to be bathed etc.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Yup! Crib, dresser/changing table, stroller, rocking chair etc. 

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? Yes and no. My shower isn’t until the 25th so I’m waiting to get the rest of the stuff until then but we have the bigger stuff already so really we are ready to go.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I’m so excited to meet her and be parents finally! I’m also excited to use the items we’ve purchased and see them in action. I’m nervous about still being at my parent’s house and everyone just being completely on edge due to the newborn. Hopefully everyone will be able to handle it. I’m also worried she’s going to come out a he :-P.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) No, I think this is for after 37 weeks and I’m only 34. I’ll probably look into this closer to my due date.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Girl! It’s not set in stone but will probably be Evelyn Harley 

Hardest part of this stage? Just being tired all the time and the random pains that come and go. I’m getting pretty excited to be able to bend over and not have such bad acid reflux. I’m also excited to do things that I couldn’t while pregnant like riding DH’s motorcycle

weight gain? Over 30lbs. They haven’t told me exactly but no one seems worried about it but it makes me sad.  

stretch marks? None on my belly or boobs yet which is really the only places I care about.

do you have a bump photo? No, but I really should take one this week.

@UK Bride:  OMG you are too cute!!!

Post # 374
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I tend to like these questions now that I am much closer to my due date!

I think my baby will be born on 8/31/13 (edd 9/4/13)

at  10:30 a.m.

she will weigh: 8lbs 15oz 

she will be: 22 inches tall

she will have some light brown hair 

she will have blue eyes thatw ill turn hazel/green eyes)

I hope she has my nose and face shape and my partner’s eyes and sense of humor 

Post # 375
466 posts
Helper bee

@UK Bride:  you look freaking amazing! I am sure you are uncomfortable (as you mentioned) but I have to say, you are a rock star!! Way to go twin mama! Oh and I LOVE the names!! 

Post # 376
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

When are you due?  September 4th and the doctor tells me I am measuring big (Everyone in my family has large babies)

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  Not really, I made some simple decisions and printed up a worksheet and have it in my hospital bag, but other than that we are kind of winging it!

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Yes, It is all finished, it is messy right now because we are sorting our gifts from our shower we have August 10th, but it should be done this week!

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? Yes and no. We just had our shower so we got tons of things, but we need our monitor, baby gate, and little odds and ends such as storage bins for extra socks and cushions for the straps of the carrier.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I am DREADING it not being a girl for some reason.  I have nightmares about it and I am afraid to take tags off of anything incase it needs returned for blue! I am most excited to meet her and see what she looks like. Also, to be able to sleep on my stomach!

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) No, we have baby class in a few days, thats when I will start to get the ball rolling!

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Girl! Paige Noelle

Hardest part of this stage? Being tired, ugly swollen feet, waiting!

weight gain? About 29 lbs. All belly and water retention. My feet/ankles are enormous!  

stretch marks? None yet, I sense them coming soon!

do you have a bump photo? Only about 100! Here are a couple from my baby shower and maternity photo shoot!

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors