(Closed) September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 377
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

When are you due?  September 15th

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  A vague one.  I’d like to hold off on pain meds for as long as I can so that I’m still able to move around, but I think I’ll probably get an epidural to help when I get further along.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Yes, nursery is basically done!  We just need to install her mobile on the crib and hang a couple of pictures.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? Yes.  The only thing I can think of that we may need to tide us over is some disposable diapers if she isn’t big enough for the G Diapers we bought yet.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I just can’t wait to meet this little one.  And to finally see her with her daddy. It’s crazy to think how close that’s finally getting!  I’m not super excited about the recovery process post-delivery, but I know it will be worth it.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) No.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Girl! I think we have the first name narrowed down to a few that we like.  The middle name is still really up in the air.  I think we’re just going to wait to meet her and see what seems to fit best.

Hardest part of this stage? Heartburn has been my biggest discomfort, but even that hasn’t been horrible.  I just take a lot of Tums!  I’m definitely developing more random aches and pains the bigger I get, though, and the swelling in my feet and ankles is starting to get worse.

weight gain? I’m up somewhere between 23 and 24 pounds right now, with 5 weeks until my EDD.

stretch marks? I might have a small one under one of my breasts, but that’s the only one I’ve noticed, and I’m still not entirely sure it isn’t just a vein.  Fingers crossed that no more pop up, but if they do, they do.

Do you have a bump photo? I still need to take this week’s photo, so this is from 34 weeks.

Post # 378
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

When are you due?  September 17th- I’m not going past that date.

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  Eh. I kind of wrote one, but not really. I don’t know what to expect, so I’m not sure how much it will really do. I definitely know that I only want Darling Husband in the room with me and skin to skin after, and no one else is allowed in to visit until we decide we are ready.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the  baby? Meh. I have part of a room that I am working on. Waiting for Darling Husband to make a closet so I can finish up in there.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get  or set up? Yes.  We have all of the major items. I have a small amount of clothing and don’t have much for feeding once we are past the bottle stage.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re  dreading or worried about? We’re excited to meet the LO. I’m just worried abot how much it actually will hurt and how strong I’ll want to be in going natural.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea,  evening primrose oil etc) No.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a  name? No and no. Team green, and I have a couple ideas for each, but Darling Husband won’t talk about it.

Hardest part of this stage? Being tired and how uncomfortable it is for me to sleep. Also, we’re getting close, but house wise I am not close to ready.

weight gain? 44 lbs :/ swelling like crazy, too.

stretch marks? My whole lower stomach and on my left thigh, right by where the leg meets the torso.

Do you have a bump photo? From this weekend

Post # 379
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@HeyCorgi:  I love, love, love baby Lincoln! He is gorgeous!

Post # 380
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@BeatlesFan629:  It was SO clumpy. Like, rubber cement clumpy. Sorry if that is too gross!

When are you due?  I’m saying I’m 37w4d. By the OB- 8/30. By ultrasound growth, 8/28. I freak out thinking that baby will be here in 3 weeks! 

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? 

I just want the baby out safely, by whatever means necessary. I want to be able to have skin to skin contact immediately after, and I only want Darling Husband in the room. That’s it :). Oh, and I’m going to request that they put my IV in my arm instead of my hand after the last lady blew my vein.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Yep!!! We have his room all ready, but we have a Pack and Play in our room for the first several weeks, or until we feel he’s ready to be on his own. 

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? The only thing we need is a bath tub for baby!

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? Meeting this squirmy little miracle, introducing him to our family and friends. I’m only dreading the PP hormones. Hopefully they stay pretty tame.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) Evening primrose  oil, but it hasn’t done anything yet!

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? All boy. Baby Beckett Troy.

Hardest part of this stage? I’m so uncomfortable at night, but mainly the anxiety about WHEN and WHERE labor is going to start. I’m so paranoid about my water breaking in Target.

stretch marks? A colony. Boo. But it’s okay!

weight gain? 31 lbs ๐Ÿ™

Post # 381
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

quick question for you ladies, have you been experiencing any pelvic pain/pressure? for the past week i’ve been having really sharp pains right on my lady parts and all this pressure in my lower belly/pubic area, the worse being right in the muscle area of my vagina. I’ll be 35 weeks on friday so i’m sure some pelvic pressure is normal but was wondering if anyoen else was feeling these sharp pains? its making it very uncomfortable to walk and also while i’m in bed at night it tends to act up as well ๐Ÿ™

Post # 382
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@CircleFace:  Yup!! For the past week or so it’s gotten worse. I’m right around the same due date as you.

Post # 383
553 posts
Busy bee

@MrsRose:  ugh, isnt it the worst? it feels like i got kicked in the crotch lol Darling Husband has been lookin for some lovin the past couple of days but i’ve had to shoo him away, i cant even fathom dtd with all that pressure and pain. i cant even lift my left leg up a couple of inches of the ground to put underwear/shorts on without letting out a yelp from achey soreness :/

Post # 384
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@CircleFace:  I just started experiencing these this week.  I have this sharp little joly to the right side of my vag.  I haven’t had contractions yet but I suspect this is a small one? Not a ton of pressure though, and I get them mainly when I am walking. I am 37 weeks tomorrow.

Post # 385
553 posts
Busy bee

@jdashiell17:  yep i feel it mostly on my right side too, i dont think they are contractions tho, you’d feel your uterus getting tight. whatever it is, it hurts ๐Ÿ™

Post # 387
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

When are you due? September 9. But I have a feeling he’ll be later than that…

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? 
Not written down, since our midwives birth plan is already exactly what we want: no pain meds, delayed clamping, skin to skin. We have the birthing tub at our place now, ready to set up. And we did decide today at our appt that I’ll get a shot of oxytocin after the birth to help manage the third stage of labour (birthing the placenta and help prevent extra blood loss)

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the  baby?
Yes! so cute.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get  or set up? Not everything, but yes everything for right away. I think more gifts will come in from our registry after the baby is born.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re  dreading or worried about? I’m looking forward to the miraculous feeling of birth! and then, after a month or so once I finally feel like I have a handle on caring for the baby.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea,  evening primrose oil etc) Yep, I’m at 36 weeks now, so the recommend evening primrose oil intra-vaginally and orally, plus 200 CC of pulsatilla now and in another 10 days.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a  name? It’s a boy. His name is a secret for now…

Hardest part of this stage?
Not knowing when I’ll be going into labour! will it be in 2 weeks, or 5 weeks, or tomorrow?!

weight gain?
25 lbs

stretch marks?
not yet!

Do you have a bump photo?
already posted this one, but here it is again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 388
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@mtnhoney:  I know it’s been discussed elsewhere, but can you explain what all the stuff you’re taking to prepare are supposed to do? I’ve heard of the primrose oil, but what is pulsatilla?

Post # 389
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@DaisMay:  I was just about to ask the same question except I don’t even know about the oil.

@mtnhoney:  Please explain the stuff for preparing for labor?!

Post # 390
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

When are you due? September 30

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  Not yet. We have our “Options for labor” class this evening, so I suspect I’ll come out of it with some stronger opinions than I currently have. Right now my plan is this: have baby.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the  baby? We’re getting there! Waiting on Mother-In-Law for a dresser/changing table and I still need to get some stuff on the walls, but we’ve got all the necessities in place.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get  or set up? We need to buy a glider and a few small things, but I think we’ve gotten almost everything. I’ve been so spoiled at my showers!

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re  dreading or worried about? I’m both anxiously waiting and completely terrified about having a baby; I think that covers pretty much everything.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea,  evening primrose oil etc) no

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a  name? Girl. No idea what her name will be.

Hardest part of this stage? I’ve started to feel really awful in the last week or so- everything just kind of hurts. Not looking forward to 7 (or more) weeks like this.

weight gain? 21 lbs as of this morning

stretch marks? Not yet, but I’m pretty convinced they are coming

Do you have a bump photo? I’m only doing one every other week, so here is the one from last Monday at 32 weeks

Post # 391
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@CircleFace:  I definitely had this pain recently, but in the past few days has lessened. Two weeks ago the doctor said the baby’s head was jammed down there so that was causing a lot of the pressure and pain.  I have the same pain when putting underwear or pants on and sometimes rolling over in bed at night.  It got pretty bad last week when we were in AC, and as much as walking feels worse, the more you walk, the better it felt for me at least.  This week I can tell baby is more transverse again, so I think that’s why I’ve had less pain down there.  

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors