(Closed) September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 392
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@CircleFace:  I’ve had this for a while now too.  I’ve heard some people refer to it as “lightning crotch,” lol.

Post # 393
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@DaisMay:  

@MrsRose:  

OH, well this is info I got from my midwives. After 36 weeks, to help “ripen” the cervix, they recommend:

-sex (because semen contains prostiglandins)

-evening primrose oil 1000mg orally in the morning, 1000mg vaginally at bedtime

-Homeopathic Pulsatilla 200cc, repeat this dose 10 days later

-Third trimester tea blend

-Polar bear position daily (on your hands and knees, then drop your head into your palms so head is on floor- helps promote a good fetal position)

Since there’s no semen in my life, I’m doing the Evening Primrose oil. But actually, I haven’t started yet, because I have to clear up a yeast infection. Lovely. Luckily I have enough time before the birth- otherwise the baby can get thrush!

Post # 394
1090 posts
Bumble bee

How sad is it that I am avoiding filling out the new questionairre because I still have basically nothing ready, haven’t even gotten all the “necessities” yet, no birth plan, I have gained a TON of weight, BLAHHH! 

Post # 395
553 posts
Busy bee

@FloridaGatorBride:  oh man, this is one body sign i’d gladly give up lol last 2 nights the pain in my lady parts were so bad i nearly cried, i could not go to sleep and had to take some tylenol ๐Ÿ™ i did do a lot more stair climbing yesterday so maybe that made it worse?

@tracylesq:  that would make sense, i went for my last u/s yesterday and they said the baby was head down (woohoo) so thats prob why i’m feeling it more now.

@JuneKallah: lightning crotch lololol

@mtnhoney:  thanks for the list! i’m 35 weeks now so its good to know what to start doing after 36. Darling Husband and I dtd last night, he’s agreed that that was the last time before the baby is born, i got terrible cramps afterwards, my ladyparts were burning from i guess being drier even though i was certainly in the mood, and just overal hurting all over. I dont know how ladies do it at this stage, as it is i can barely move around in bed, its almost comical actually lol i gotta rock myself to move around lol i read about the polar bear position in my birthing book, will have to keep those in mind. I heard pelvic tilts help with pelvic pains too.

@cowgirlace:  same here, I was looking at the questions thinking wow i really haven’t done much lol need to get on it asap!

Post # 396
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@CircleFace:  I’ve been doing pelvic tilts. They help, but it doesn’t help when I sleep on my sides. Nothing helps that.

Post # 397
1238 posts
Bumble bee

@CircleFace:  if your genitals are feeling irritated and sore, you might have a yeast infection. I’m currently treating one. ๐Ÿ™

i didn’t realize i had one at first because I had none of the tell-tale “cottage cheese” discharge. but i got a swab done and yep, yeast.

so glad I caught it before the birth, since it can lead to a thrush infection in the throat of a newborn!

anyway, might not be it, because I hear ya- I haven’t enjoyed penetrative sex in a long while. luckily, my wife and I can improvise with our hands and vibes pretty well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 401
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@FloridaGatorBride:  Yes, lol. I hate when mine do. Well, only my left one will leave a little bit in my bra. That’s it. Nothing major. It’s annoying though, since it then gets stuck on my bra.

Post # 402
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Decided to fill out the update since I’m procrastinating from cleaning up this house.

When are you due?  September 26th!

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  I haven’t written anything down but I’m nervous about the birth in general.  I start my class tomorrow so I hope I will feel better after that.  I do know that I am very hesitant to get an epidural.  I hate needles and I loathe the idea of a giant needle stuck into my spine.  I’m just going to focus on getting baby out.  

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby?  We have finally started the nursery.  It is completely painted in two shades of gray and orange accents.  The closet system has been installed and I am planning on deep cleaning the floors later today.  The furniture (dresser and crib) are being delivered on Saturday and the glider and ottomon are still a way out since we ordered too late.  We’ve purchased a bookcase I liked and the rug and some additional storage bins for the closet and changing station.  

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up?  We received loads of gifts from our registries but everything is still at my parents’ house.  We have very little clothes and nothing is washed yet (since we’re Team Green).  I have a supply of diapers and bottles but no formula.  We did not receive a baby monitor so we are picking one out.  We also didn’t receive a swing or bouncer so we may invest in one of those as well. 

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I can’t wait to meet our baby and find out who has been inside me all this time.  I can’t wait to see my husband with our child.  I’m not looking forward to being in the hospital and being away from home and the dog while I’m giving birth.  I’m worried about the pain of labor and recovery and of course all the things that could go wrong.  I’m also starting to realize that our lives are about to change permanently in about 5-6 weeks, which is kind of scary.   

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) Absolutely nothing. 

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? We do not know the gender and we are almost set on names for each. 

Hardest part of this stage? There is a lot of stuff left to get done but I have little energy to get off my butt and do anything.  I get sore and achy from standing or bending or whatever for even short periods of time.  I think the other hard part is knowing that this pregnancy is soon coming to an end and you only get to experience the first pregnancy once.  I’ve had a relatively easy time so far and I will miss the feeling of having this Little One growing inside of me.  Along with all of the attention you get as a pregnant lady.   

Weight gain? I think just about 10lbs. 

Stretch marks? Yes!  All of a sudden in the last month or so I’ve had a lot of marks on my lower belly and a couple to the sides of my belly button.  I didn’t really anticipate any since I started off bigger, so I haven’t done anything to prevent or treat them.  I just hope most of them go away afterwards, but if not, oh well.

Post # 403
2542 posts
Sugar bee

@CircleFace:  Actually I got this last night, shooting pains through my stomach, was hard to get comfortable, it seemed to pass after about half hour or so

I’m jumping back in here to do the update:

When are you due?  September 29

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? Sort of I guess…if ‘plan’ means open to anything…I’m not hard and fast stuck to anything so I’m going to go how it goes and how Im feeling or whatever happens and is best option….I’m still VERY on the fence about an epidural or drugs vs natural……

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Finally taking shape this week!

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? Yes but shower is this weekend so we’ll top up anything we still need after that, thoughI doubt there will be much more needed after that, maybe baby nail clippers…

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re  dreading or worried about? Most looking forward to holding him for the first time, kissing my Husband after he’s born, slow dancing with baby once he’s home, and just having him here. Actually after my prenatal class, I’m not dreading labour so much anymore, but breastfeeding! It’s intense, I didn’t realize how intense.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) No not yet , I will when we get close.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Had one chosen for weeks but not sharing until he’s born JUST in case last minute we change our mind – plus it’s nice to have one thing to ourselves

Hardest part of this stage? Still heartburn has been the worst symptom, including the few times I’ve had liquid bile creep up the back of my throat when sleeping and wake me up gasping and choking and it goes down the wrong way into my lungs and then I feel stingy water in my lungs…..ugh. Not fun at all. It feels like drowning, seriously. Starting to get a back ache now too.

weight gain? Last check was 27 pounds

stretch marks? None yet! FX!

do you have a bump photo? Oh yeah, lots of selfies….I made a 9 months scrapbook that I’ve been updating. Haven’t done a professional shoot.

Post # 404
553 posts
Busy bee

@mtnhoney:  i originally thought of yeast infection too, but this has happened ever since i got pregnant and i only ever feel irritated right after dtd, where whenever we dtd i guess my body isn’t producing enough lubrication so it causes irritation. i had spoken to my ob about it because i thought maybe it was a uti or yeast infection but she checked me and said its not an infectiong but a normal symptom for some pregnant women, the fact that theres less lubrication causes more friction = burning after sex and to try drinking more water and using water based lube. i find it doesnt really help much, it still burns after but i’m fine after a couple of hours or the next day. the soreness is actually by the pubic bone, like if i got kicked in the crotch and thats pretty much every day :/ this last tri is really kicking my butt!

Post # 405
553 posts
Busy bee

@Sunshine09:  Now thats a belly shot, love your bump! Darling Husband keeps saying he wants to take pics like this but its never happened. he’d better hurry before this turkey is done lol

Post # 406
2542 posts
Sugar bee

@CircleFace:  heehee thanks, that’s a selfie

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors