(Closed) September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 407
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I am currently at 34 weeks and 2 days. I had a midwife appointment today as my regular checkup. She mentioned because my BMI is 31 that I now have to schedule another ultrasound at 36 weeks to confirm the baby’s position and size. Has anyone else had to go through with this? 

I’ve known all along that my BMI was higher pre pregnancy, but I’m feeling bait concerned and not sure what would happen if they find the baby measuring bigger etc? 

Any help is appreciated ladies! πŸ™‚

Post # 408
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@clinique:  I was just told to schedule an ultrasound for 38 weeks to check baby’s size and position.  I assumed it was standard practice, but I do have a high BMI.  They didn’t give me that as a reason though.  

Post # 409
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@clinique:  at my 34 week appt i asked if they could tell what position the baby was in (i figure if midwives have been doing it for centuries why cant an OB?) and was told i’d have a u/s at 35 weeks to see what position the baby was in and to measure him, i dont have high bmi. I feel like my ob was very trigger happy with ultrasounds so i’m a bit biased, but if they are saying its because of your high bmi then i’d trust your midwife knows best. my LO is head down thank god and measuring right on track, they estimated his weight to be 4lbs 15 oz, i’m now approaching 36 weeks and feeling much heavier so i know he did some major growing in a week.

good luck at your u/s, at least you get to see baby one more time before you actually meet πŸ˜‰

Post # 410
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Facebook has been giving me trouble uploading photos, so I figured I’d put some up here to show off the beginnings of baby’s room.  We got the furniture delivered today.  As soon as I saw the truck pull up I burst into tears.  I’m such a sap lately, it’s ridiculous.  Hubby is currently building the baby’s book case which is going to go on the orange wall.  I’m pretty happy with how the paint colors look, even though picking 3 colors for 5 walls was tough for my husband to do.  So excited to get the finishing touches done now.  

Post # 411
1090 posts
Bumble bee

Finally going to fill this out since we are almost to September! Holy crap!!!

When are you due?  September 22nd by my ovulation date, but according to my OB’s office, September 17th based on LMP and measurements. I keep going by Sept. 22nd though, so as to not get my hopes up too much I think haha

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  Yep, go to the hospital, come home with a healthy baby and healthy mom. Haha…I think I will probably get an epidural, but I don’t have a formal written plan.  I hope to deliver vaginally, but if my OB thinks I should have a c-section, I won’t argue. I would LOVE to avoid being induced, so I am really hoping I go into labor naturally and progress OK just to avoid the devil-induced super painful 

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby?  We are getting our extra room re-organized to make room for the crib later, and we plan on setting up baby’s co-sleeper thing in our bedroom today. No full-blown nursery until we move, boooooo πŸ™ 

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? My showers turned out more productive than I thought, we got the car seat, stroller, and some other necessities, so that was awesome!  I still need to go buy a breast pump and we just need little things like baby soap/lotion, etc.  Oh, and a crib I guess, but we have the co-sleeper crib already, so we might wait a while for the actual crib since he will be sleeping in our room in the co-sleeper anyways.  

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I am EXTREMELY excited to have a baby in my arms and not in my belly anymore, I am more than ready to be done being pregnant because in the last week especially I have gotten pretty darn uncomfortable.  However, I still don’t want baby to come early, so of course I will suck it up for a few more weeks until he is good and ready to come out.  I really don’t think I will “miss” my pregnant belly like a lot of women say they do..I’m tired of feeling like a big fat hippopotamus! Lol!  Just worried about the normal stuff, something not going right or labor taking forever and a day and then needing a c-section after going through all that work lol.  I’m trying not to think about it too much, though. 

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) Nope, and I don’t think I will.  Too much work and I’m a little skeptical if any of that even works to bring on labor sooner.  I don’t want this little man to come early, anyways, so I will just be patient πŸ™‚

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Boy!  And after changing our original choice for his name, we FINALLY agreed on Carson Jacob. 

Hardest part of this stage? Being huge and uncomfortable and knowing I still have to put up with it for probably another month. I also worry about not having everything we need and thinking all the time about things that I am forgetting. 

Weight gain? Last appointment I was up 41 pounds. Joy. Probably going to end up gaining at least 50. Oops. 

Stretch marks? Still not holding my breath, but so far, none, which is so surprising since I have gained so much weight. I scrub like crazy in the shower and put on stretch-mark lotion afterwards, so who knows if that actually helped or not, I have no idea.  I would definitely be OK if they never decide to make an appearance, but for some reason I have a feeling they will sneak up these last few weeks. 

I am SOOO excited to see more September babies start arriving! πŸ™‚ Back to house organizing! 

Post # 412
1090 posts
Bumble bee

Oh, and one thing I am pretty disappointed about is I had to retire my wedding rings this week because it has gotten super hot here again and my fingers were swelling πŸ™ I am sure people understand, but I still feel like I’m walking around getting judged for being pregnant and not married πŸ˜› haha

Anyone else’s rings already off? 

@tracylesq:  Love the nursery and the furniture! πŸ™‚

Post # 413
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@cowgirlace:  Oh don’t feel bad. My rings have been off since 32!

Post # 414
2542 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@cowgirlace:  

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?   Yep, go to the hospital, come home with a healthy baby and  healthy mom. Haha…I think I will probably get an epidural, but I don’t have a  formal written plan.  I hope to deliver vaginally, but if my OB thinks I  should have a c-section, I won’t argue. I would LOVE to avoid being induced, so  I am really hoping I go into labor naturally and progress OK just to avoid the  devil-induced super painful 

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby?   We are getting our extra room re-organized to make room for the  crib later, and we plan on setting up baby’s co-sleeper thing in our bedroom  today. No full-blown nursery until we move, boooooo πŸ™ 

— I could have written those 2 answers myself haha! Same Same… πŸ™‚

Post # 415
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@cowgirlace:  my rings have been off for well over a month. I think towards the beginning of July.

Post # 416
553 posts
Busy bee

When are you due?  September 20th

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? nothing concrete although after the hospital tour and our birthing class i’m thinking i’ll have to write something up. i’m really gonna try the natural route and hold off on an epidural as long as i can but i’m also am open to it in case i cant handle the pain. I really dont want to get pitocin so i’m hoping all goes well. oh and the nurse who gave us the tour said we’d have to communicate to our nurses and dr that we want non-separation if we decide we want the baby with me the whole time instead of them taking the baby into the nursery. and i guess also communicating immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding. they say your chances of the baby latching and breastfeeding successfully are increased if you put the baby to your breast within the first hr of them being born.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? somewhat, the crib is up but i still have boxes and bags from the shower underneath the crib and all over the apt. my goal is to clear out as much things from our closets that we dont need to make more room for baby’s stuff and hopefully order a dresser this week for him.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? we got a lot of clothes at the shower, alot of pacifiers, bibs, socks, the stroller/carseat system (thank god), baby monitor, bottles, diapers, wipes, mostly anything we would need immediately. SIL gave us her crib so thats all set up, we still have to put together the stroller and install the car seat and base which i want to do asap since i’ll hit 37 weeks on friday. still need to get a crib mobile, changing pad and some other things that arent really urgent. well, i shouldnt say that, we need to get a dresser asap lol

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re  dreading or worried about? oh just being able to meet the little guy thats been hanging out in there for all these months, breathing in that sweet baby scent and just gazing at him knowing he’s staring right back! i’m dreading the actual labor lol i dont have the greatest tolerance for pain and add to that that i’m really pushing for a natural birth it’s gonna be interesting to see how this all pans out lol i’m worried that we wont have gotten the insurance thing figured out now that Darling Husband is unemployed (yeah great timing those douchebags at his job) and I cant put the LO under my insurance as its way too expensive (around $500+ a month). otherwise trying to remain positive, that everything will work itself out and we’ll have our healthy baby soon πŸ™‚

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) no not yet

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? yep, a boy and still undecided about names our top 2 are Michael and Marco, i think it’s going to end up being decided once we meet the little guy.

Hardest part of this stage? oh man its quite a list but i’ll try to keep it short lol :heartburn, pelvic pain, the shortness of breath, tiredness, not being able to find a comfortable position anymore, waking up every morning anywhere from 4-6:30pm, having to pee all the time, and general discomfort everywhere, i feel like all i do is complain to Darling Husband :/

weight gain? sigh, 32 lbs as of friday

stretch marks?  no new ones thank God, but i’m not out of the clear just yet so FX they dont just appear one morning…

do you have a bump photo? last Friday at 36 weeks πŸ™‚

Post # 417
1238 posts
Bumble bee

any more September babies being born “early”…? i half-expected an update and a new thread.

at my midwife appt this morning apparently my cervix is soft and 1cm dilated. Which doesn’t really mean anything, other than things are getting ready. It could still be 1 or 2 weeks.

I’m seriously considering having them sweep my membranes next week. not to force anything, but just help things along. I’m really ready to do this thing and get my baby out in the world!

Post # 418
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MrsMaskatoBe:  Had her baby boy just the other day and now Foreverblessed posted on facebook that she’s at the hospital now!!

Post # 419
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

December mommy here!  Just popping in to say HI!  I was a part of this board way back in January when I MC and was just thinking of you ladies as time is getting so close for you all!  Take care! πŸ™‚ Time flies by so fast!

Post # 420
2542 posts
Sugar bee

Boy was I wrong in thinking that we would get everything we needed at the shower! We got so many clothes and cute knic knacky gifts – but none of the major stuff! So now we have to scramble around to get our stroller, car seat, bassinet, monitor, glider chair, swing, carrier, as well as a bunch of other smaller stuff from our registry that we didn’t get like a bottle warmer and other odds and ends. Sigh….I’m so grateful for what we did get but I wish people if they are bringing a gift anyway would go to the equipment type stuff but everyone wants to buy cutsie onsies!

Post # 421
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@mtnhoney:  Foreverblessed had a false alarm yesterday but now today she is getting induced for sure!!

@Sunshine09:  I figureed that was what was going to happen for us as well so I went ahead and got a bunch of the less fun yet functional stuff myself before the shower and sure enough people got us lots of blankets, clothes, and toys for our little one. I am very grateful for it all though! I don’t think we’re going to have to buy any more clothes for her until she’s almost 2!

When I do go to Baby showers I usually try to buy stuff that people will use like a diaper bag with wipes and bottles and pacifiers or dish drain, scrub brush, etc.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors