(Closed) September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 422
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Sunshine09:  Thankfully, we did get almost everything we “need” from our two showers.  I think because we don’t know what kind of baby we’re having, people were less inclined to buy so much clothes.  We did get some gender neutral layette, but mostly we got equipment.  I tried to be reasonable with my registries too.  We bought the car seat and stroller and furniture ourselves, so there weren’t as many big ticket items.  The couple that we had (the high chair and pack and play) were purchased by family members.  The rest of what we need we’ll be able to get with gift cards and stuff.  

Post # 423
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Sunshine09:  That’s frustrating. Especially when you spend so much time thinking of and putting together a registry and you don’t get much from it.

Today we had our 37 week appointment, which included the last time we’ll get a glimpse of our baby before it is physically here with us!

Unfortunately, there were no good views, and we did not get a picture. She even tried doing the 3D/4D view with no luck. I did get to see the nose and mouth. Baby is measuring in the 78th percentile at 7lb 4oz, with a good amount of fluid. It’s good, but I guess it’s weird for someone who has hypertension. They usually have the opposite problem.

After the U/S, I had my NST. Baby passed in 12 minutes, after I drank some juice. I may have had 2 contractions during the NST, or I may have just had baby move. I’m not really too positive. Hopefully I’ll know the real deal when the time comes. 

Then I got to meet with the OB. My belly is measuring at 40 weeks, which makes sense if I have a lot of fluid in the belly. She also said that I will be induced at 39 weeks if the baby hasn’t come by then. Basically, the baby needs to come next week or I’ll be induced! That is so crazy to think about!

Post # 424
2716 posts
Sugar bee

Pretty soon we need to close up this thread & start a new one with all our arrivals!

Post # 425
1119 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Wow it’s been a long time since I was able to update on this post… Hope you all are going well!

When are you due?  September 16

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? I’m having a planned c-section during the afternoon of Sept 16, unless baby girl decides she wants to come early. My son was born via emergency c-section so this time around I elected to have one instead of going through labor again since it was very traumatic.. My OB waited to hear my decision and then said that it my specific case, a c-section is what she would have recommended anyway.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? The baby’s room is ready although baby girl won’t sleep in it for the first few months… She’ll be in the pack and play in my bedroom – this is not setup yet.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up?
We have everything we need, at least I think!

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re  dreading or worried about?
Most looking forward to meeting my baby girl, and to be honest, to never being pregnant again! I’m most worried about being able to care for both my newborn and my toddler at the same time, especially while recovering from the c-section. Terrified.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) 

Nope. I really don’t want labor to start before the schedule c-section… Although I would really love to not be pregnant anymore so I wouldn’t mind if she decided to show up early… But I won’t do anything to make things move faster.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name?
It’s a girl. We had the name picked out since I was first pregnant with our son 2 years ago, since we discussed names before knowing the gender. 

Hardest part of this stage?
Waking up so often to pee. Having no time, energy or desire to workout, it will be so hard to get back in shape..

weight gain? About 30 pounds now

stretch marks?

No.. I had my belly button pierced when I was 18 but it never healed and it left a scar when I took it off a few months later. This scar is kinda stretching, but nothing to freak out about (at least it doesn’t seem to be that bad, it wasn’t after having my boy. I’ll know when the belly goes back to normal). I think I survived two pregnancies back to back with no stretch marks, thank God. I religiously used almond oil on my belly, breasts, hips and butt every day for each pregnancy – not because I really believe in it but because my mother swears by it and I know that if I didn’t use it and got stretch marks I’d never hear the end of it…. Well… maybe it helped and maybe it didn’t, but it definitely can’t hurt so I’m passing along the info for others to use as they see fit.

do you have a bump photo? not readily available on my computer. I barely took any photos during each pregnancy; I don’t like seeing myself this way.

Post # 426
1062 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

When are you due? September 16 

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? Just go to the hospital and get baby out lol. Def doing epidural again like I did with my first. 

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? For now until we get a bigger place, baby will be sharing a room with her big sister. She will be in our room for the first couple of months though. 

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? Since I saved everything from my first pregnancy, we basically had everything… we just had a diaper shower and got tons of diapers and just had to buy a carseat, stroller, a few clothes and a few other small things like lotions, body wash, etc. 

What are you most looking forward to? Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? I am most looking forward to meeting my 2nd baby girl and seeing how my oldest reacts to having a sister… super excited about that. Im most worried about having to have a csection if something goes wrong or tearing. 

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) I just dance before my bath every night to the song from “Rio”….. get it girl from Will. I. Am. lol! 

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Another little girl ๐Ÿ˜€ Abigail Grace. 

Hardest part of this stage? Just being big and uncomfortable… sleep is a pain in the butt and the back pain is killer. 

Weight gain? 26lbs.

Stretch marks? Had a few on my sides from my first pregnancy that lighten way up once Im not pregnant anymore… no new ones. 

do you have a bump photo? Yes this is me this passed monday at 37 weeks… I am now 37 weeks and 4 days. 

Post # 427
1062 posts
Bumble bee

@cowgirlace:  Yes very disappointed about taking my rings off… now I look like I am pregnant and not married haha. I waited 7 years for those rings and now I cant wear them because my sausage fingers ๐Ÿ˜› I had to take them off last week (36 weeks)… It was hard to get them off.. had to use lube lmao! 

Post # 429
2716 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsBoomBoom:  Wow! You just took them off!? Mine was off almost 2 months ago! ๐Ÿ™

Post # 430
1062 posts
Bumble bee

@nearlymarriedlass:  Aw thanks girl ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@pmerr:  Yes but it was hard as hell to get them off. They should have been off a while before then. I just didnt want to take of my gorgeous rings lol. 

I just had my maternity pics done at 37w4d… I waited a while I know lol. Here is a pic

Post # 431
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We have two more September babies!   @ForeverBlessed had her little girl yesterday, August 31st and @MissKabers had a little boy this morning, September 1st! Congratulations, ladies!  

We should really start a new thread…anyone want to take the reins?  

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors