(Closed) September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 107
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  aw sorry to hear your having a bad end to the week, you’ve got alot going on its no wonder you’re having crazy dreams. i cant imagine being in med school, being a wife, taking care of the home and being pregnant all at once, you really are an inspiration…i’m sure its tough seeing everyone else having fun while ur stuck studying but in the long run it’ll pay off, like
View original reply
@tracylesq:  said it’ll be worth it cuz you’ll be dr and you’ll have your baby πŸ™‚ and what an inspiration to your little one, to know mommy did all this not just for mommy but for him too. my son is always complaining about going to school (he’s in the 4th grade) and i tell him he shouldnt complain cuz everyone has to go to school i did it, DH did it, and if you want to be a dr or laywer that just adds way more years to schooling too so get used to it cuz he’ll be in school for a while LOL i hope your DH comes to his senses, its not just your hormones making you sensitive, he also has to realize you have alot going on and he needs to be there as your support system. Have you told him how you’re feeling? the feeling alone part, i know when i just complain about house work not getting done i think DH tones me out cuz he just takes it as me nagging him, but if i tell him how im feeling emotionally he really takes that in. I think if you let DH know your feeling lonely and overwhelmed he should realize he needs to be spending more time with you and less with his friends. after all, while he can go grab a beer with friends every once in a while, you cant exactly just take your belly of, not be pregnant for a couple of hours just to hang out. i hope the weekend goes better for you, i dunno how the weather is for you but you should treat yourself to some ice cream, you deserve it <3

AFM its 90degrees out and the heat is really getting to me, by the time i head out from work to pick up DS, i’m all swollen, tired, and achey. oh and sweaty (gross). at 23 weeks i’m feeling pretty huge now although DH reassures me its mostly all in my belly and that i’m doing great weight gain wise -only 12 lbs so far. last night was terrible for me, i think i just did too much standing and walking so my legs were killing me, particularly my right leg on the right side, this pain was shooting up from my leg all the way into my hips into my groin area :/ i dunno if it was due to poor circulation or a nerve, but it was terrible. note to self: dont overexert yourself now in the last couple of months!

and because i haven’t posted a pic in a while, heres me yesterday at 23 weeks:

Post # 108
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@MissKabers:  Yeah. Last night was rough! We don’t have central air either, but have a window unit, but we aren’t putting it in right now. It doesn’t usually get this warm so soon, so I don’t want it put in to not be used.

Post # 109
553 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MissKabers:  congrats on your home πŸ™‚ we’re still in a 1 br apt so we have split our living room to be DS room, i feel bad because he’s getting older and i would love for him to have his own room, but we have a couple of years before we have saved up enough money and are ready to buy a house. for now we’ll have the baby with us in our bedroom and once he starts to outgrow his crib we’ll make an upgrade to a bigger apt. its so expensive here in ny seems like if we wanted a real house w/ backyard and some land we’d have to either move out to long island and pay some serious taxes or move upstate πŸ™

hell yeah too bad for them, you better rock it lady!!!

Post # 110
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@CircleFace:  you’re looking fabulous! i love your bump so much!! and thanks for the congrats – really we are only able to do this because my mom is moving to CA (soooo sad) and selling us her place for a great deal – if not, we’d be in our apartment for at least another year.

I can’t imagine living in NY, I think MA is expensive, but you’ve got me beat! 

View original reply
@pmerr:  i hear you on the window unit! if we put it in now and then we get cooler nights, I’ll miss the window being open. going to tough it out for a couple of days with the fan and see how i do.

Post # 111
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hi Ladies!

I’ve been having vivid dreams every night for the past three weeks or so. The other night my DH had a very similar dream as me. (And he NEVER dreams..or at least remembers it) My DH dreamed that I turned off my cell phone and had the baby without him and finally called him a few days later to tell him he could come get me at the hospital. He woke up angry that I had the baby without him, LOL.

That same night I dreamed I had the baby in the hospital and he was stuck in the garage for some reason ding work on something stupid and couldn’t be there when I gave birth and I woke up angry that he wasn’t there when I had the baby.

Weird right? And we dreamt these on the same night! LOL.

Post # 112
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
@MissKabers:  When are you moving?? I’m so excited for you!

I just got the email…I passed my GD test! Woohoo! I was so shocked since I’ve “spilled sugar” in my urine twice at the OB. 

Has anyone else got the TDAP shot? I got mine yesterday…and it hurts!

Post # 113
553 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MissKabers:  thanks! you are lookin lovely as well πŸ˜‰ sucks your mom is moving but what a great opportunity for a new home at a great price!

View original reply
@Luckygir15:  hahaha thats pretty funny, i’m like your DH hardly ever remember my dreams although i do recall having a couple of baby dreams but of course i cant remember what happened in them now.

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:  yay for no GD! i go in for my GD test on june 20th, my dr gave me the red drink which i thought i heard another bee said tasted like hawaiian punch? im glad i didnt get the orange stuff, i hate orange flavored things. Whats the TDAP shot?

i forgot to mention this sunday is our 1st anniversary as a married couple so i have to go home tonight and take out the top tier of our wedding cake so that its defrosted and ready to eat on sunday. i’m thinking instead of champagne i can buy some sparkling cidar to drink from our wedding flutes (hey at least pretend like its champagne lol) and watch our wedding video πŸ™‚ Tomorrow my SIL will be watching our son so we can have the day alone together, not sure what DH has planned but he’s asked me to get my hair done so hopefully it means we’re going out to a nice restaurant. i cant believe how fast the year has gone!

hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Post # 114
1721 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@CircleFace:  I heard it tastes like Hawaiian punch too! Mine tasted like Orange Hi-C. The TDAP is what my OB recommended me, DH, and people who are coming in direct contact with baby get to prevent pertussis, or whooping cough. We had a couple of infant deaths here in OK last year due to it, so we are trying to prevent it! Here’s a link for more info:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007334.htm

Post # 115
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
@CircleFace:  Sunday is our first anniversary as a married couple too! We were date twins and now we are expecting our babies in the same month! Happy anniversary!

Post # 116
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:  thanks! we’re getting more and more excited every day!

we’re looking to be in our new place mid-late July (the earlier the better!) but it will depend on when they find a new place in CA and (hopefully) my dad can do a little bit of work before we move in, since ideally i’d rather have the wall we want down before we move instead of having the work done after  (serious dust!!) 

View original reply
@CircleFace:  happy anniversary!! i hope you have an amazing weekend celebrating πŸ™‚

Post # 117
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:  well, like I said, it could be a lot worse than ants! that’s funny the centipede made you scream.

View original reply
@MissKabers:  our year lease is over- we moved in a year ago today! so now we are month to month.

View original reply
@CircleFace:  thanks for the reminder that we shouldn’t complain too much- we can afford our 2bdrm, even if we have to get creative with “satellite” storage solutions at friend’s places, Lol! Kudos for you guys for making it work!

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:  yay for no GD! i’m not doing the test, and I don’t know what that shot is, so I hope you the soreness goes away soon.

Post # 118
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:  I know, although I used to find the idea of carrying around a human weirder before I get pregnant, now it just feels normal πŸ™‚

View original reply
@CircleFace:  such a cute bump photo, you look really happy and well πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Luckygir15:  that’s crazy that you had such similar dreams, I wonder if something you’d watched had subconsciously put the idea in your heads…

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:  Yay for no GD! what a relief. I don’t think they vaccinate the mum for whooping cough until after birth here, but my hubby and family are of to get theirs soon. I wish I our my doctor had thought to vaccinate me while TTC though, it’s not like we didn’t have time!! 

Happy anniversaries, Circle and Max!!

I think we finished our painting of the nursery last night (just have to check for any missed spots in daylight this morning, and decide if the the gloss needs a second coat) so then we can start on the fun stuff!! Woo!

Post # 119
1721 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@hamikay:  Post a picture!

Post # 120
19 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@FloridaGatorBride:  I’m chiming in because I just finished my hypnobabies course! We did a local class and they take you through all the materials and tracks – we did 3 hours a week for 6 weeks. I did it super early becauese I will be out of town/away from my husband all summer so I didn’t really have time to do it when I got back home at 32 weeks. Anyway, I thought it was wonderful and I feel really confident about my ability to have a comfortable and unmedicated birth! It is also great to do it early because you can listen to the tracks on your own and practice even after the class is done.

I am pretty good at meditation also, but am generally more of an analytical type so the whole thing was a little “woo woo” for me and my husband, but the more we did it the more prepared and calm we felt. I don’t know how we would have done with a self study course, but the class was fantastic! I recommend it! Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Post # 121
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

How are we doing with swelling? My feet have been a little on the puffier side (nothing bad, but I can tell they are a little thicker-can’t quite see my bones), but today, they started feeling funny, and I looked andthey look bigger! When I move onthem I can feel the fluid in them!! EEK!

Luckily, no dark line and no belly button yet!

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies and Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors