(Closed) September 2013 Babies & Moms Part 8

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 122
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@mrs.domino:  congrats he is adorable, and look at all that hair!

Post # 123
38 posts
Newbee

Well, we scheduled my induction today!  If baby doesn’t come this week, we’re going to go in on the evening of October 2.  It’s great to know when we’re going to meet him!

Post # 124
19 posts
Newbee

I know I rarely post but I love following along. Still not due for a few more days and we are going to wait until baby decides to come out so I might end up with an October kid! Congrats to everyone with new and adorable babies – and to all those still waiting, wishing you patience and comfort 🙂 

Post # 126
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@mrs.domino:  Have you been added to the group? If not, PM me your name and I will find you, or you can look me up. Jordan Maska.

Post # 127
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Young Slushie:  You can find me and friend me on FB and I will add you to the group! Jordan Maska. It’s a picture of me and my husband on our wedding day.

Post # 128
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi all, just a quick update to say baby hamikay – now known as Penelope Joy – was born last Thursday 26th September. Things got a bit dramatic when I was diagnosed with HELLP Syndrome in the morning (Google if you can be bothered – related to pre-eclampsia but not the same, highly dangerous for mum and baby), then my waters broke, then I was taken by ambulance to a tertiary hospital in our closest city (2.5 hours away) to deliver immediately.

I watched my birth plans disappear (fly) out the window one by one… And eventually delivered by cesarean under General anesthetic. But I managed to use my relaxation techniques to deal with the stressful situation (and the contractions that ironically began after my diagnosis). I’m prouder of me and my husband for dealing with that experience than I think I would have been even if we’d managed to have our planned birth!!!

So far I’m recovering slowly but well, and we’ll be home Wednesday. Luckily Penelope was born completely unaffected by the syndrome or the cesarean and has been delightfully calm and easy so far. We’re off to a great start breast feeding, thanks largely to the amazing midwives here at the hospital who helped me establish my supply while I was still recovering.

We are so in love with our princess!! I doubt I’ll have time to check in here very often for the next few weeks, but wanted to quickly update you all 🙂

Post # 129
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@MrsMaskatoBe:  I just sent you a friend request! My pic is me and my babe – so happy to join!

@hamikay:  Congrats! That stressful birth will soon be a distant memory… 🙂

Post # 130
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@hamikay:  Ah, congratulations!! I’ve been waiting on baby Hamikay! Gorgeous name, and I’m so glad she’s safe after the rough delivery. Looking forward to a pic!

Post # 131
19 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies! Our little girl (surprise! we were team green) arrived midday on the 29th! We got the natural birth center child birth we’d been hoping for but I had some tearing and blood loss so I had to make a quick trip at the hospital after. I’m healing great though and it was all totally worth it. She’s darling and I can’t believe she actually arrived in September – I thought for sure I’d be overdue and would get here in October. Hope you are all enjoying your babies!

Post # 132
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My September baby wanted to be an October baby like her daddy (who was supposed to be a November or December baby).  We welcomed a little girl (also a HUGE surprise–we were Team Green and I was CERTAIN it was a boy) on October 2nd at 8:21pm.  I was scheduled for a c-section on the 3rd but little Maggie decided to come on her own terms.  I labored for about 17 hours and ended up with a c-section anyway.  She was a whopping 9lbs., 6oz. and 21.25 inches.  She needed a few days in the NICU and had to wear a CPAP for the first 24 hours to help her breathing.  We came home yesterday happy and healthy and are settling in at home.  

Post # 133
2542 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Exciting to see more babies! Congrats everyone!

Post # 134
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

so i know we are all busy with our new babies, but i wanted to say hello! we all journeyed together, supported one another, asked weird and embarrassing questions and vented when we needed to. now we are all on the other side!!!

congrats Sept mamas!!

Post # 135
289 posts
Helper bee

@mtnhoney:  Aww thank you! Congrats as well. Have we started a baby board yet? I haven’t been on in the longest!

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies & Moms Part 8’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors