(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 5

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I plan on having:
    Natural no medication birth : (12 votes)
    33 %
    Epidural : (20 votes)
    56 %
    C-section : (2 votes)
    6 %
    Water birth : (0 votes)
    Home birth : (1 votes)
    3 %
    any other kind of birth (hit the comments) : (1 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 5
    2718 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@paw: Thanks for starting a new thread!

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this  journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?

Pretty much just “putting up” with my changes and mood swings. I know it hasn’t been fun the whole time.

What are you most excited about?

Right now: Getting a bump! Shopping/registry stuff!

Any words of advice for fellow September  mamas?

Ummmm, not sure. Just relax as much as you can? πŸ™‚

What was the first baby item you purchased?

A snowsuit that was on clearnace from LLBean (the cute one that looks like its a bear with the ears). I also got a onesie the other night for $25 at the hockey game to announce to friends. The onesie cost more than the snowsuit! :/

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:

I’m 24 and am a cancer survivor! Got to deal with treating and having surgery for Thyroid Cancer 2 months before my wedding.

I’d be interested in seeing about a water birth. It looks like that it is very good for the body and stuff, but I’d have to get more information.

Post # 6
    402 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?  Overall he’s done a good job of being patient with my constantly changing moods and cravings.  And I still melt a bit every time he rubs my belly or says something to the baby.

What are you most excited about?  Evenutally meeting our little guy or gal.  In the meantime, finding out whether it’s a boy or a girl, and SHOPPING!

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas?  Just do your best to relax and enjoy the whole process, I suppose.

What was the first baby item you purchased?  A little hooded jacket from Old Navy with reindeer antlers.  It looked fairly gender neutral to me, and it will be perfect for the holidays.

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:  I’m 32 and Darling Husband is 36, but this is the first pregnancy for both of us.  I’m still a little freaked out about the fact that we didn’t start trying sooner, and my fingers are crossed that the little one is healthy and doing well in there.

Post # 7
    540 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this  journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?  He cooks for me when he is home, makes food and freezes it when he won’t be home, cleans house, and pretty much waits on me hand and foot.  I am trying not to take advantage, but the fatigue has hit me pretty hard.  I am starting to feel better (13 weeks tomorrow).  My husband is awesome anyway, but he has been extra awesome since he is so excited.  All he talks about is the baby and told me the other day that he says our boy name and girl name over and over.  I came home the other day, and he had painted the nursery lol.

What are you most excited about?  While pregnant: feeling the baby kick.  I think this will make the pregnancy feel “real” and not surreal to me.  Birth: finding out if it is a boy or a girl!  I am so excited for that moment.

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas? Try to stop worrying.  It was killing me.  My boss helped me a lot when she told me that I needed to send the baby positive energy.  What is going to happen is what is going to happen, whether I worry or not.  When I catch myself worrying, I try to think happy thoughts.  Right now, I’m just focusing on these weekly milestones.

What was the first baby item you purchased? Not counting the onesie that I purchased to surprise my husband, we bought our boy and girl coming home outfits.  Boy=little footie dog pajamas, girl=little footie ballerina bunny pajamas.  I would encourage your ladies to check out JBF (Just Between Friends) online.  I am not sure if it is a southern thing or U.S. wide, but it is a baby items resale sale held twice a year. 

Tell us something we don’t already know about you: My husband wasn’t able to come to the first appointment when I had a sonogram.  But, he gets to come to my 14 week appointment a week from today and hear the heartbeat for the first time.  πŸ™‚

Post # 8
    2543 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@paw:  Thanks for the new thread and great questions!

(Lately I’ve seen all the posts get all smushed up without spacing – not sure why)

We are on board 5 after 3 months….which means that by the time we are all popping out babies we could be on board 15! Wow.

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?

I really have to say my Darling Husband has tried. I mean he doesn’t always do the right thing but he really does try. He asks me every day how I’m feeling. He brings me soda water when I’m sick. He kisses me and then kisses my belly. He always asks me if I need anything and has brought me many a craving. Yesterday he really wanted to go to this band that was playing local, but I fell asleep. He just let me sleep and we missed the band and he didn’t even say anything about it. I could actually cry thinking about what a good man he is.

MAT LEAVE!!! Seriously….I count the days. (months…) We get a year in Canada – yes that’s right – one year. And my job will be waiting for me when I get back. Only at like 60% of my salary while I’m off or something but who cares. I’m so ready to be totally domestic for a while!

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas?

Hmm not sure about this one…I’d say soda water with lemon has saved me from the nauseous, bloaty, full and hungry all at once feeling.

Nothing yet, but I’ve browsed a lot. Darling Husband and I looked at cribs and strollers on the weekend.

I don’t have a sweet tooth at all. Prefer spicy or salty.

My biggest pet peeve in the world is the mis-use of your and you’re. I genuinely don’t understand why people can’t get it.

I married the classic ‘nice guy’ who always loved me while I was off chasing the bad boys. He was in the friend zone for 15 years before I finally came to my senses! Best thing I could have ever done! We are both 35.

-is anyone else having feelings of pulling/twinges? I’m really having them now, every once and a while. Not cramp like, more like a concentrated rippling tugging feeling?

Post # 9
    540 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@Sunshine09:  I seriously feel like my insides are being ripped apart.  I know it sounds awful, but I am so glad someone else is feeling this way!  All of my friends who have kids say they never experienced being able to feel the uterus stretching.  It hurts!

Post # 11
    2543 posts
    Sugar bee

@PilotsGirl56:  Oh good! It really concerned me a few times when it was really strong! I know it’s too early to feel actual movement and stuff but I swear I can actually feel my uterus stretching. Or rebelling – wasn’t quite sure which! Glad someone else is feeling it too!

Post # 12
    2543 posts
    Sugar bee

@paw:  yeah, those ones totally urk me too!

Post # 13
    1062 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond? Everyday as soon as he gets home from work he lets me take a nap while watching our 3 year old πŸ™‚ He sometimes cooks dinner for me and does the dishes. He always rubs my legs and back πŸ™‚ Ever since getting pregnant my lower back where I had the epidural with my first hurts really bad, so it helps when he rubs me. 

What are you most excited about? Going into the 2nd tri and finding out the gender soon πŸ™‚ 

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas? Don’t really have any advice. 

What was the first baby item you purchased? I haven’t bought anything yet, we will wait and by things when we find out the gender πŸ™‚ 

Tell us something we don’t already know about you: Ummm idk lol… this is my 2nd baby, I am 21, married my highschool sweetheart who I have been with since 14. 

Post # 14
    245 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Praise your SO! Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?    He’s helping out a lot more around the house and always telling me to go relax. I feel bad because I’ve never felt so “lazy” but it’s also been kind of nice πŸ™‚

What are you most excited about? Getting a bump, feeling the baby move and finding out the gender.

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas? hmm..well I would just say, don’t sweat the small stuff. I found myself getting so nervous about stupid things (telling my boss I was pregnant for example) and everything I was worried about ended up going a million times better than I expected.

What was the first baby item you purchased? A newborn rock ‘n play sleeper and a tiny philadelphia eagles jersey (as a little gift for DH)

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:  I’ve only had a few posts on this site so you probably don’t know much about me. I’m 27, and have been married for almost 2 years. This is our first baby so it’s safe to say we’re excited and terrified at the same time πŸ™‚

Post # 15
    2718 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@paw:  Haha, yeah, it was quite a ride! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
    588 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?

I could go on and on about how wonderful Darling Husband has been with me, between putting up with my mood swings and overall tiredness and crabbiness and feeling disgusting and the hunger he makes sure I’m comfortable and that I ahve everything I need. He also  makes me feel like a queen and has just been so positive and supportive! I seriously don’t know what I would do without him!

At the moment it’s feeling the baby and getting a bump.

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas?

We’re in the middle of moving right now and I have definitely been overexerting myself which has been making me feel really crappy. So I guess my advice is to take it easy and allow yourself to relax and take things slow.

Nothing yet. My mom has bought a baby toy already. We’re also getting a crib either from my dad or from DH’s brother and we have a dresser/changing table and we might get a travel system from my friend so most everything we might get from showers and stuff so I don’t plan on buying anything for a while.

Honestly not sure what to put here, I’m working full-time while going to school full time still. Otherwise I’m playing video games or reading or shopping. The only other thing is that I’m a huge theater geek (it’s where Darling Husband and I met in college even thoguh neither of us were going for theater). If I had more time I’d volunteer at local theaters or try to audition/direct or stage manage some shows.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors