(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 5

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I plan on having:

Natural no medication birth

Epidural

C-section

Water birth

Home birth

any other kind of birth (hit the comments)

• Post # 212
    289 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @BeatlesFan629:  I’ve gotten “pregnancy brain” recently too! I thought it wasn’t real but I caught myself forgetting mid-convo what I was talking about. Not good. lol

Post # 213
    1090 posts
    Bumble bee

To clear up some confusion about the blood types and the Rhogam shot:  if you have – anything blood (A-, B-, AB-, O-) you will need a Rhogam shot, regardless of what your DH/father of the baby is.  The reason they make all pregnant ladies with the negative blood types get it even if the father of the baby is negative also, is just in case mom isn’t being completely honest about who the dad is.  It is sad, but it’s so true! They don’t want to take any chances because if you are Rh- and you deliver an Rh+ baby, without the Rhogam shot, your body will create antibodies to the Rh factor on babies blood cells when your blood mixes during delivery.  This won’t harm your first baby at all, but if you get pregnant again with an Rh+ baby, your body will already have the pre-formed antibodies to the Rh factor and will basically attack your babies blood cells.  

So sorry to say, if you have Rh- blood, you are going to have to get the Rhogam shot, regardless.  At least that’s the protocol at every hospital around here.  

ETA: and if you are Rh+, you will not need the Rhogam shot at all, no matter what your DH is either.  So being Rh+ is kind of lucky! (I am O+, phew! But it is just a measly little shot, nothing to get worried about.  You will have way more needles than you could ever want going in and out of you when you deliver a baby!)

Post # 214
    401 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
    @ForeverBlessed:  I found out that I’m A negative, so I’m going to need the shot.

Post # 215
    2716 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
    @MrsQuickFox: 
    View original reply
    @BeatlesFan629 Ughh. Me too! I’m usually so great at remembering almost everything, and now I forget almost everything! I can’t keep anything in my head for more than a few minutes! :/

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  “You will have way more needles than you could ever want going in and out of you  when you deliver a baby!” Thank you for scaring me even more. Not that I expected great things to be happening then.

Post # 216
    783 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  Thank you for the clarification!

Post # 217
    1238 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @ForeverBlessed:  wow, jealous that you felt the baby move already!! I’m also 15w 3d, nothing yet. I’ve read to not expect anything until almost 20 weeks for your first, so you are lucky!

Post # 218
    553 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @paw:  awww what a cutie! sorry to hear about the in-laws, some people just say what first pops into their minds without thinking lol im sure once they see your bump getting bigger they will be more positive about it 🙂

View original reply
    @Luckygir15:  that sucks, hope you feel better soon

View original reply
    @tracylesq:  glad to hear your scan went well! lol at the baby giving the tech a run for their money. i also have some cysts on my ovaries that my gyn had found before i got pregnant, but they are small. i think its pretty normal for women to have them, i think you should just ask ur dr once a year to check on them to see if they grew, but if ur not having any pains and they dont get bigger you’ll be fine. ya know, i didnt even think to ask the tech for the baby’s measurements to see if i was still measuring 12 weeks when i went in, oh well. post a pic post a pic!

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  we also bought our first baby purchase, a rocking chair from a neighbor whose wife never even used it because their baby didnt like being rocked while she was sitting only standing up. funny too because i was telling DH the week before how i wanted a rocking chair since i had one for my son and i found it so helpful when breastfeeding or just needing to take a breather from being on ur feet. and boom, next door neighbor is selling a rocking chair in perfect condition. they said it cost them $800 but they are willing to sell it for $200 to us.  its sooooo comfortable it looks like a rocking, swirling couch for one and i couldnt be happier…now if only my cats wont destroy it :/

Post # 219
    553 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @MrsRose:  i’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow and my mom swears i should have been able to feel the baby by now since i felt my son around 14-15 weeks. honestly, i just feel gas bubbles, but i also cant wait to feel that butterfly flutter of my little one 🙂

Post # 220
    553 posts
    Busy bee

aww its ok

View original reply
    @pmerr:  i HATE needles but trust me when i say you’ll be in enough pain from contractions you wont even care about the needles lol although i found the blood pressure machine going on constantly extremely annoying.

Post # 221
    593 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  Thanks for the clarification on the Rh stuff.  I could have sworn that if husband and wife were opposite blood types, the mother needed the shot because there is a chance the baby will be opposite of the mother.  I’ll be happy to be wrong, because I’m not a fan of needles at all.  

View original reply
    @CircleFace:  My husband must be busy at work today because he hasn’t emailed me the pictures yet.  Either that or he didn’t have any privacy to do it.  Hopefully soon and I will post as soon as I get them!

Ladies, Old Navy has lots of cute spring dresses on sale for pretty cheap.  Maternity and non-maternity.  

Post # 222
    2716 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
    @CircleFace:  Ughhhh. Not looking forward to that. I really hope I have a fast L&D bc I want natural, and I really don’t like pain.

Post # 223
    783 posts
    Busy bee

So, everyone says that you should feel great after the first trimester – but I sure don’t. Everything I read says that you will “be glowing, feeling great, and looking more beatiful than ever.” This is so not true for me! I’m 15w3d and still just look and feel so lousy! 

I’m starting to think that I’m just not going to be one of those beautiful pregnant women. It’s just so frustrating because I always have clear skin, and now my skin is just completely covered in pimples. I feel like a teenager all over again with this acne! *Sigh* I just keep reminding myself that I’m growing a beautiful little baby inside me right now.. so it’s all worth it.

How are you all feeling?

Post # 224
    540 posts
    Busy bee

14 week appointment complete!  The baby’s HB wouldn’t show up on the doppler (literally most stressful five minutes of my life!), so I had a surprise sono.  My DH saw the baby for the first time, and he was super excited!  We could see the little baby kicking and squirming.  The HB was 155.  I’m not as tired as I was in the first tri in the evenings–I can actually stay up a little later at night–but I feel a little draggy during the day.  Maybe it is just because I had last week off for spring break.  The doc says I should be able to feel the baby in the next few weeks. 

Post # 225
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Happy first day of Spring ladies! – although here it’s snowing. :/

So last night I threw up so hard that my nose started to bleed! OMG…has that happened to anyone? I still can’t believe that the baby is not harmed from heaving that intensely.

Post # 226
    588 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I was just informed that my contract is going to end April 5th at my current job. I know it’s the nature of the business but being pregnant and emotional is making this harder then it should be… It wouldn’t be that big of a deal bu tI’m worried about nobosy wanting to hire someone who’s going to leave in a few months….

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors