(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 5

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I plan on having:

Natural no medication birth

Epidural

C-section

Water birth

Home birth

any other kind of birth (hit the comments)

• Post # 422
    466 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  such a cute invitation! your idea is adorable! no gender reveal for us – well, until the bean’s big debut, but all these cute things you can do almost make me wish we were finding out

View original reply
    @DaisMay:  we’ll be trading on our older (it’s muchhhhh older and only used when necessary) vehicle and keeping (and fixing up a bit) our main car. We are looking to add an SUV – with an 85 lb puppy and a baby, I think we’ll need it! 

View original reply
    @angelicwink:  do you know how long the crib will take to come in? the ones that we are looking at say 12-16 weeks – so we are planning on ordering soon. And with the sale, you might want to take advantage of it. We purchased and had custom painted the dresser that we are going to use in the nursery – I just couldn’t pass it up, problem is, now it’s done and we have to get it this weekend…what am i going to do with a dresser when we haven’t even cleaned out the furniture in our 2nd bedroom?!

adding to my crazy emotions this week is that my mom and her husband might be moving – to California – I’m feeling pretty devastated and I know that my mom is sad too (we are super close and we see my family pretty frequently and I just expected her to be such an important part of LO’s life when they arrived). They’d be doing it for his job, so in that way it would be a great move, but I just can’t believe that she might not be here. I get so upset thinking about it. Only upside (and for me, it’s a small one) is that we would probably be purchasing her condo if she moved and it’s beautiful – way more than we could afford if we outright bought without a gift of equity right now – but in all honesty, I’d rather she stay here and we have to wait to buy a home. Ugh, sorry, just feeling down about the whole thing right now.

Post # 423
    1090 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @angelicwink:  heck no it’s not too early!  I have had our co-sleeper crib thing for a long time now because I also bought it when it was on sale!  I am kinda sad we are not going to do a nursery in our house, because I really would like to do a cute crib and the entire works. Hmmph. Oh well.  We will do a nice room for baby when we move around this time NEXT YEAR! YAY! Can’t WAIT to be in a bigger/better house! πŸ˜€ 

As far as the vehicle situation, DH and I bought a new vehicle together a week before our wedding last summer, and we were actually thinking along the lines of family-friendly so we got a nice little SUV that I LOVE and it had awesome safety ratings.  Thank goodness that’s one more thing we dont’ have to think about getting, buying a car is a pain! So we are pretty lucky in that sense….but we plan on having this vehicle for like…ever. 6 more years at least. Now THAT seems like a long ways away, especially since my dog has already gotten mud stains on the seats that I can’t seem to get out 100% TWICE now, that little sh**! 

Is anyone else worried about how their dogs will act once baby is here?  My pup is extremely attached to me to the point it is almost annoying sometimes, but he was abused before we got him so I am like his “safe person.”  He constantly wants to be sitting in my lap whenever I’m home and I worry that he might get jealous of baby and/or jump all over baby when I am holding him/her. πŸ™ I certainly hope it will be fine, but I can’t help but worry about that.  Maybe I need to do a little babysitting beforehand to see how he is. I am also worried because he sleeps in our bed with us and we plan on doing a co-sleeping arrangement when baby is brand-new to make it easier for me to breast feed at night.  I worry that he will not care too much about paying attention to where baby is and lay right on top of him/her when I am breastfeeding or crawl in baby’s co-sleeper sidecar crib thing and try and sleep in there with baby.  Ugh, might have to transition him back to sleeping in the kennel or something…makes me kind of regret letting him ever sleep in our bed with us in the first place, but TTC wasn’t exactly on our minds when we first got him.  

Post # 424
    401 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  Unfortunately it’s in stock and would ship in a day or two, so we’d probably have it within a week.  So it would have to live in our already full garage until we get the nursery sorted out.

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom.  I’d be disappointed, too.  We’re lucky that my parents are pretty close by, but I know my husband really wishes his mom lived closer.  I guess the condo is a silver lining, though, and California would be a fun place to go visit.

Post # 425
    1090 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  that stinks about your mom potentially moving, epsecially SO far away from you πŸ™ one of those well…I’m glad for you because of the job but not glad because you will be leaving situations, huh? You have way more will power than me for waiting to find out! 

One more thing I am worried about…is having DH there for the anatomy scan/ OUR gender reveal and him being disappointed if it’s a girl πŸ™ Because of this, I might have them still put it in an envelope so we can open it together privately at home just in case DH can’t hide his disappointment if it’s a girl and I won’t have to cry in front of the u/s tech/my doctor.  I mean..I know he will be “ok” with it being a girl and he’s already said he would of course love a girl, but I know he really has his hopes set on a boy and I think he would have some initial disappointment.  Maybe I will just have to talk to him about this and tell him he is not allowed to show any disappointment whatsoever while we are having the ultrasound.  I don’t know.  I guess I am just a giant worry wart today! Haha

Post # 426
    1090 posts
    Bumble bee

Oh and also going to update this before I forget: 

Team Blue!/EDD:
    MrsMaskatoBe 9/1
    LuluH 9/14

Team Pink!/EDD:
    Steinberg 9/2
    FloridaGatorBride 9/18

Team Green!/EDD:
    MissKabers 9/8
    pmerr 9/17
    PilotsGirl56 9/17
    traceylesq 9/26
    mrsjroo 9/28
    LuceBrun 9/29

Team Will find out soon!/EDD, u/s date:
    HeyCorgi 9/2                          u/s:
    MrsQuickFox 9/3                     u/s: 4/11
    BeatlesFan629 9/3                  u/s: 4/19
    ForeverBlessed 9/8                 u/s: TBD  
    mtnhoney 9/9                         u/s: 4/16
    mrsdomino 9/11                     u/s: 4/18
    nhoh 9/12                              u/s:
    TeaAndToast 9/12                   u/s: 4/18 
    baliahi1029 9/13                     u/s:
    angelicwink 9/15                     u/s: 4/24
    MrsBoomBoom 9/16                u/s: 4/22
    mommytobe 9/16                   u/s:
    UK_Bride 9/17                        u/s: 5/10
    LuckyGir15 9/19                     u/s: 5/1
    MrsRose 9/21                         u/s: 5/7
    cowgirlace 9/22                       u/s: 4/29
    Max04092010 9/23                  u/s: 5/10
    JuneKallah 9/24                       u/s: 4/3? or 5/?
    calgarymommy2b 9/24             u/s:  5/1
    hamikay 9/25                          u/s:
    CircleFace 9/26                        u/s: 4/22 or 5/9
    Sunshine09 9/29                      u/s:  TBD
    paw 9/30                                 u/s:  4/17
    DaisyMay 9/30                         u/s: 5/2
    BoraBora EDD?                         u/s:

Team TBD/EDD:
    Mrs.DBee 9/1
    Ksparki 9/5
    Momma-B 9/7
    Delovely 9/7
    Sanola831 9/23
    ArmyWife12 9/23
    MissKemo 9/23
    sleepypanda 9/27

Post # 427
    401 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  I’m with you on the gender reveal and the dogs!  We have four dogs….not exactly intentionally, but they’re here now. (DH had two when we got together, I had one, and we picked up a stray that we accidentally ended up keeping). One is 13 yrs. and another is 11 with a lot of health issues, so we’ll ultimately get down to and probably stay at two, but for now…it’s four.  They’re “relatively” well behaved, but they are a handfull, and I don’t know how they’re going to adjust.

I know my hubby really wants a boy, too.  I’ve asked him if he’s going to be ok with baby potentially being a girl, and of course he said yes.  He has a pretty good poker face, so I’m not too worried about him showing it even if he is disappointed, but I’m a little worried about how he’ll really feel on the inside, and how he’d adjust to the idea of a girl.  Don’t get me wrong–I know he’ll love and be great with a daugher, too–but I know he’s hoping for a boy.

Post # 428
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  I worry a bit about my dogs and baby girl. We have two, one who we have had since she was 5 weeks old and we have been able train into such a calm, perfect dog. I’m not very worried about her. Our boy dog, though, we rescued, and is not so good with limits. He’s always wanting to sit in mine or DH’s lap, so I worry that he’ll jump right up on me while I’m holding/breastfeeding the baby and him landing on her/hurting her. Also, the only time DH and I are down on the floor is when we are playing with them, so it has kind of trained them to think that human on the floor = play time. I’m worried that while baby’s on the floor, they’ll go over to her in their goofy, bouncy (but non-agressive) way trying to play with her and hurt her. It will probably take some training. I was also worried about how DH would react if we found out we were having a girl. Well, when the tech announced it was a girl, first thing I did was look at him. He had a look of shock and surprise on his face, but then smiled and said he was excited to have a daughter. He then said, “this baby just got twice as expensive.” Hah! That’s probably true.

View original reply
    @angelicwink:  DH and I ordered our stroller. They had a stroller I had been eyeing on Rue La La for about $150 off so I went ahead and bought it. I say, if you’re getting a good deal and saving money, there’s no reason not to buy the crib!

View original reply
    @DaisMay:  We currently have two pretty new (bought within the last 2 years) SUVs: one mid-size and one large, and a mustang for fun. We’ll use the SUVs, since they’re both safe and reliable, to drive baby.

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  Sorry to hear about your mom moving, I would be disappointed as well. At least there is a silver lining, but I understand wanting your mom around.

Post # 429
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  Also, thanks for maintaining the list!

Post # 430
    306 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  add me to finding out the gender u/s on 5/10! πŸ™‚

Post # 431
    466 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  I’m definitely a little nervous about our pup – I worry that he won’t take well to being “second best” and might start acting up, but he has been great with kids/babies when he’s around them – I just think it’ll be different. We will actually be transitioning him to sleeping next to our bed instead of sleeping with us soon – we won’t be co-sleeping, but I have a feeling that as I get bigger & it gets hotter out, I’m not going to be comfortable with him in the bed and I do want him to have some boundaries before baby is here, since I will most likely be feeding in bed in the middle of the night, etc. 

Thanks ladies for understanding, I feel so silly – here I am a 30 year old woman and I am sad my mom might be moving. Oddly enough she would be moving closer to my sister/her husband and new baby – I wish it didn’t, but it makes me a little jealous – especially since they would rather have the space away from family. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see – might be a couple more weeks, but it is looking more real now than it was before.

Post # 432
    1238 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  thanks for all the work you did for that list!! yep, we’re finding out and you have our scan date right. πŸ™‚

Post # 433
    99 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  I have been lurking once in a while and enjoying reading everyone’s posts! Life has been SO crazy busy, work is ramping up for the year! My u/s is on 4/10 when i’ll be 19w5d, and we are MOST DEFINITELY finding out. πŸ™‚ Will do the roll call when we start a new thread soon!

Post # 434
    289 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  I have no idea how OUR 85lb puppy lab will sit in the car with a baby on board. lol. Sorry your mom’s moving. Can she fly back a few times after the baby is born? But congrats on the condo. Bittersweet I’m sure.

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  YES! We have two dogs. A 85 lb lab and a small 8lb toy dog. They both manage to end up sleeping on our bed at night. I have been trying to get the lab to get used to his doggy bed but sure enough I find him at the foot of our bed every night. We were thinking of doing a co-sleeper also. I think it would be too small for our lab to get in. I also think I would notice if he decided to try. I’m thinking the first months of motherhood you’re not really sleeping deeply anyway. But it does make me worried since anything is possible.

View original reply
    @FloridaGatorBride: 
    View original reply
    @angelicwink:   I actually read this great article about pets and babies from the humane society if anyone is interested.http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/pets_babies.html

Post # 435
    593 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  
    View original reply
    @MissKabers:  
    View original reply
    @MrsQuickFox:  
    View original reply
    @angelicwink:  
    View original reply
    @FloridaGatorBride:  And any other ladies with dogs:  I just read a book called “How To Tell Your Dog You’re Pregnant”.  It’s a quick read and it comes with a DVD or a download to play for your dog with baby noises and other things.  I think our pup needs a refresher course on her commands before the baby comes.  She’s a pack dog and sleeps with us and is very attached to me and my husband.  She gets very jealous if she’s not getting attention, so hopefully we can avoid any issues.  She also barks loud at times and is a natural guard dog, but hopefully baby will learn to sleep with the barking.  

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  Don’t feel silly.  I’d be devastated if my parents moved away.  I still rely so much on them for support, I’d be lost.  

So I’ve been having pretty vivid dreams ever since I’ve been pregnant.  Last night’s consisted of having our ultrasound and my husband spoiling the surprise and telling me we were having a boy.  The second dream was about our dog having three puppies.  She’s a mixed breed, but the puppies she had were two Westies and a Scottie.  Weird.

Post # 436
    289 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @tracylesq:  Thanks for the suggestion. I actually pinned that book on pinterest and was going to look at the reviews. I’m glad its a quick read because I can hardly catch up to the chapter corresponding with my month in the WTE book. lol.  I read that in your 2nd tri, you have dreams about cuddly animals. I haven’t had any of those yet. So far, my dreams have been related to events that happened in my waking day life.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors