(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 5

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I plan on having:

Natural no medication birth

Epidural

C-section

Water birth

Home birth

any other kind of birth (hit the comments)

• Post # 32
    63 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

FloridaGatorBride Im there with you on missing your DH. Mine also works 2 jobs and i only get to see him on the weekends.. he tries his best but it sure gets really lonely sometines.

Post # 33
    23 posts
    Newbee

I think that’s it for now…haha omg I am sorry I wrote so much, I will count that as studying, though ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 34
    588 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I’m so excited we will hopefully get to hear the heartbeat today!!

I feel so behind all you other ladies who already have gotten ultrasounds and some who even know the gender and here I am just now getting to hear the heartbeat for the first time! Oh well, I’m so excited!!!

Post # 35
    401 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
    @MrsRose:  Awww, so fun!  Enjoy your appointment!  Hearing the heartbeat is amazing! Smile

Post # 36
    588 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @angelicwink:  Thanks! My appointment isn’t until 4  so it’s going to be hard concentrating at work until then :-P. I might take off a bit early and see if DH would be up for some icecream or something before the appointment or after.

Post # 37
    2716 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

So I just read one of the emails from the Bump saying that you should be careful drinking juice. I’ve gotten sick of water, so I’ve been into drinking juice during the day. Do you think that’s fine? I’m now at the stage where I’m paranoid about everything since we’ve told everyone (it also said to be careful drinking tap water, and when I drink tap water, that’s the only kind I drink). I don’t see the OB again for 1 more week, so I just need to wait until then to be reassured. I do not have any reason to believe that anything bad has happened (we heard the baby at 11.5 weeks), just in my paranoid stage and want to just know everything is ok. I don’t want to tell everyone and then find out something bad (which is why I’m not posting online until after the appt).

Post # 38
    401 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
    @pmerr:  I think as long as it’s pasteurized (i.e. not “fresh squeezed”), it should be fine, especially since it can help us get some of the nutrients we need.  Just watch the sugar content, as some juices have a lot of sugar.  I still have a glass of some kind of juice pretty much daily.  I know it’s hard not to worry though.  It seems like pretty much everything out there, someone advises against!

Post # 39
    593 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @MrsRose:  Good luck and enjoy hearing the heartbeat!  I think taking off early and getting ice cream with your husband sounds like a perfect idea.  Laughing

Post # 41
    588 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @ForeverBlessed:  Gah I should not have looked at that while I’m at work because now I’m crying at my desk hoping no one will notice haha. Man I am so emotional. 

View original reply
    @tracylesq:  Thanks! I know he’s jsut as anxious and excited as I am but he hides it better haha. Hopefully it might calm us down a bit.

Post # 42
    758 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?  My DH  is amazing. He is so happy and excited about the pregnancy almost too much LOL. He chases me with the camera for belly shots which I hate.  But in all seriousness he is an amazing partner and I am really lucky he gets me all my cravings, gives me back rubs, there is not much he won’t do. Mopped the floors. I could go on and on.

What are you most excited about?  Feeling the baby move. It is such an amazing feeling. I am also excited to see my sons face and kiss him.

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas?  Try not to worry it is out of  your hands. I need to really take my own advice.

What was the first baby item you purchased? My DH purchased a stroller and I bought a onesie for  him.

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:  I used to commercial fish for salmon back when I was young and dumb!  Sometimes I miss it though.

Post # 43
    553 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?

DH has been great so far, aside from being all sulky when im not in the mood to dtd. otherwise he does 90% of the cooking, when i’m not feeling well he always tries to make me feel better by making tea or rubbing my back, he doesnt complain that chores are piling up altho i do try to clean up when i feel better. he helps put all the laundry in the washers and i do the rest because he’s terrible at folding and i dont like to were shrunken shirts lol.

What are you most excited about?

feeling the baby move and my belly growing, although im sure i wont feel the same once im huge lol

Any words of advice for fellow September mamas?

hmm, i need to take my own advice here: stay positive, dont worry about everything that can go wrong, worrying wont make a difference only adds stress to you and the baby.

What was the first baby item you purchased?

i havent purchased any baby stuff for us yet, but i did get onesies for the grandma’s to surprise them with the news and some cute duck booties for my mom

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:

hmm, my right pinky is shorter then the left? when i was a toddler my sister snatched a toy out of my hand so i ran after her, she ran into our older sister’s room and apparently i put my hand on the door frame where the hinge was so when she slammed the door shut to stop me from coming into the room she got my little pinky :/ imagine getting that call at work as a mom! luckily my nail did grow back but i’m very self conscious about my finger altho no one has ever noticed it without me actually holding up my two pinkys for comparison. oh my parents are from El Salvador so I speak fluent spanish altho i regrettably never taught my son how to speak spanish (he’s now learning) but i fully plan on teaching baby #2. DH is italian so he recently started learning how to speak italian (soemthing about having a baby that makes u want to pass on your heritage i guess) so we’ll see how baby #2 turns out talking.

any of you other mama’s speak another language? do you plan on teaching baby both english and second language? whats gonna be your strategy? for me i’m not so sure, my mom says to just speak spanish to the baby but i dont want to ostracize my poor son, so i’ll have to figure out a way to include him in the process.

Post # 44
    758 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
    @pmerr:  You go girl. That is amazing to survive that lucky or not. And pushing out a baby is fun stuff! ๐Ÿ™‚ Ha.  All I drink is tap water whoops.

View original reply
    @Sunshine09:  Lots of pulling twinges. I was having those sharp pains in my cervix not too long ago that someone else was complaining about.

View original reply
    @tracylesq:  Sorry about not being employed. ๐Ÿ™ Don’t give up. 

View original reply
    @MrsRose:  Enjoy the heartbeat.

Anyone else having major issues with heartburn? Mine is really bad. I have a hard time drinking water unless I have lemon juice in it. I crave citrus like crazy, but it kills me. I hope you can’t overdose on Tums. I have been trying to watch it, but it is bad. I have also noticed I feel less bloated. ๐Ÿ™‚  Hope everyone is starting to feel better. I have good days and bad days as far as morning sickness goes. I thought it would be gone already……

Post # 45
    588 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @CircleFace:  Unfortunatly even after 4 years of Spanish in High School I still have no idea how to speak the language. I still remeber a few words and phrases, but I really would love to teach my children a second language as they grow up. I’ve always wanted to learn Russian and it seems like it would help me with my job as well so I think I’m going to need to start doing that.

My friend has taught her child sign language so that he can communicate before he’s able to speak and it’s really cool seeing this little child be able to talk with his hands and gestures and understand them before he can actually form the words. I plan on doing that as well.

Post # 46
    588 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @LuluH:  Heartburn has only really been bothering me at night and it really hasn’t been that bad. Right now my biggest symptom/annoyance has been headaches. I get them daily usually they start sometime after lunch and stay until I fall asleep. Most of the time it’s gone by morning but some days it just stays around for a couple of days. Luckily they’ve been more annoying than anything else and haven’t gotten that severe.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors