(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 5

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I plan on having:

Natural no medication birth

Epidural

C-section

Water birth

Home birth

any other kind of birth (hit the comments)

• Post # 437
    401 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
    @tracylesq:  Oh, I have random dreams every single night!  Occasionally they’ll have something to do with the baby, but usually they don’t.  I did dream that one of DH’s friends broke into our house and stole the printout pictures from our fisrt ultrasound.  And even though we knew it was him for whatever reason, I called the cops to investigate.  

Thanks for the book recommendation.  I’ll check that out!

Post # 438
    245 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    @MrsQuickFox:  I’ve had some crazy dreams lately but it’s interesting to hear you’re supposed to have dreams about cuddly animals.  I had a dream the other night about tarantulas chasing me and crawling all over me!! They were furry but definitely not cuddly!! lol!

View original reply
    @tracylesq:  I’m gonna have to check out that book too.  Thanks!

Post # 439
    553 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

we’ve been pretty worried thinking how we’ll work things out with our cats and the baby, particularly my 7 yr old boy cat. He is extremely jealous if my attention is not on him, like an unhealthy obsession with me lol. he’s scratched DH, son, and torments my poor girl cat. he will jump on my lap and lay on me whenever he possibly can, follows me around alll the time, and cries when i dont pay him attention. so yeah i got my work cut out for me lol since we’ve found out about my pregnancy i’ve been slowly trying to get him used to not climbing on me or sleeping on my stomach, although he’s a persistent one.  its hard to train cats to do what you want and they get into everything! my Mother-In-Law suggests putting netting over the crib to deter the cats from jumping in, but with this cat im not so sure that would be enough, he’s currently pulled my entire curtain, rod, wall anchor and yep, piece of my wall clean off my window (i wish i coudl say this was the first time he’s done it).

we’re also worried about the constant hair and kitty litter that makes it around the house, i know it wont be for a while but once the baby is able to crawl i hate to think of all the crap thats on our floors because of the cats. we already try to vaccuum at least twice a week but even so theres always tons of cat hair all over the place. i guess we could try to isolate the area the baby can play in but i hate the idea of blocking off an area for baby and having to constantly sweep and mop…but i also love my cats so i wouldnt want to give them away ๐Ÿ™ guess we’ll wait and see how things turn out

Post # 440
    14 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2012

My coworker has a new baby and a German Shepherd and he said the dog has generally been sulky because he’s getting less attention, but he’s learning that if he wants to get that attention he needs to come into the room where the baby is, because that’s where the other people are too ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
    @CircleFace:  I’ve been worried about all of these things with our cats too!  Our one cat loves to snuggle, so we’re definitely concerned about him jumping in the crib with the baby.  And of course, the cat hair that seems to be everywhere… 

View original reply
    @MrsQuickFox:  Thanks for the article from the Humane Society!  I’ve read a little about toxoplasmosis but a link in that article had a clearer description of how you can contract it from your cats.  My inlaws are not pet people, so one of the first questions they asked when we told them about the pregnancy was whether we were getting rid of our cats.  (I can also send the article to my husband to show him that one of the best things he can do is clean the litter box every day!  That is one chore I definitely don’t miss.)

Post # 441
    14 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  I’m so sorry that your mom might move!  I always thought we would move back to Philly or DC before we had kids (We live in Cambridge. I think you’re in Boston too?) and so one sad point in being pregnant is knowing that I won’t be close to my mom when the baby comes.  I see how much she loves spending time with my niece and nephew, so I know what you’re saying about being a little jealous of your sister.  My husband actually started looking at jobs in Philadelphia recently and then we decided after talking with a few people that it isn’t a great point in his career to make a move, which made it that much harder after getting my hopes up.  Hopefully your mom doesn’t move, but if she does I’m sure she’ll find ways to see her grandbaby as much as possible!

Post # 442
    588 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @CircleFace:  We have a cat who will be 2 when the baby comes but has been spoiled by me and definitly craves my attention all the time and we’re worried how she’s going to be with the baby too. On top of that we are currently living with my parents who have 2 larger cats and if we do happen to stay with my parents when the baby is born we’re a little nervous about how they will all react.

A couple of nights ago I babysat my friend’s 18 month old who loves cats and they seemed to do ok with him there petting them and screaming at them haha. So it was a good sign of what’s to come.

Post # 443
    466 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @TeaAndToast:  Thanks for understanding. Is your whole family in Philly? My sister is in CA and our whole family is here and her in laws are overseas – I have no idea how she does it, but I think that secretly she really likes it. She’s way more independent in that way than the rest of us in my family though.

Yes, we are right outside of boston (I actually work in Cambridge). I think it is just hard knowing that how I had pictured things would be once having a baby might actually be very different (which sounds just like what you were saying) I know that she will come and visit a ton – and it will be good that the rest of our family will be out here too. I’m still crossing my fingers it doesn’t happen (which feels bad bc it means the job would fall through) but when I talked to her last night it seemed more likely than ever.

Post # 444
    289 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @BeatlesFan629:  That made me LOL. No not cuddly at all.

View original reply
    @TeaAndToast:  Glad you got use from it!

Post # 445
    588 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  I’m so sorry about your mom. We’re lucky enough to be very close to most of my family, but we’re 6+ hours away from DH’s and I think it’s starting to bother him. I feel terrible being so far away from his Mom. I would go crazy without my parents being close, although right now living with them is a bit too close, but I don’t want to move hours away either.

Hopefully things work out for you guys!

Post # 446
    553 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @MrsRose:  i hope it all works out for you guys, unfortunately my cat is tempermental, he only likes to be petted in certain spots and only on his terms so he will scratch and bite like 90% of the time, unless its me but even so he’ll lash out at me. i dont think he’ll have patience with a baby so im really worried i might have to give him away. we live in a 1 bedroom apt for now so theres really no way for me to keep the cats in the room since thats where the baby’s crib would be.

View original reply
    @MissKabers:  sorry to hear about your mom, my mom lives 45 min away and i still feel like shes too far from me so i can only imagine how much more tough it would be for you. just goes to show no matter how old we are, we still need our mommies <3

Post # 447
    38 posts
    Newbee

Well, I had my ultrasound today…and it’s a boy!!!!  My husband and I are both really excited.  I’m only fifteen weeks (although the baby is measuring at sixteen) so I didn’t think the doctor would be able to tell, but as soon as he put the ultrasound on my stomach, he said, “Well, that’s definitely a boy!”  Apparently the “parts” were extremely distinct.  

We keep trying to say “he” now, but it’s really hard to get used to!  Finding out the sex just made everything feel so much more real especially for my husband.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 448
    1090 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @JuneKallah:  aww, congratulations! I had a good feeling they would be able to tell! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 449
    289 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @JuneKallah:  Yay, glad they were able to tell! Congrats!

Post # 450
    593 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @JuneKallah:  Congratulations!  Did your sonographer know or ask if you wanted to know the gender?  I’m so nervous now that even if we tell them we don’t want to know, they will blurt it out or something.  

Post # 451
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
    @JuneKallah:  Congratulations on a baby boy! How exciting that they were able to tell you. It does make it seem more real to know the sex.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors