(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 5

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I plan on having:

Natural no medication birth

Epidural

C-section

Water birth

Home birth

any other kind of birth (hit the comments)

• Post # 482
    19 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    @hamikay:  Thanks! That makes me feel better. Maybe I’m being a little dramatic, it’s really only a few pimples but they are big and persistent. I have enough trouble getting out the door in the morning, I don’t need to spend an extra 5 minutes putting on extra cocealer! πŸ™‚

View original reply
    @pmerr:  Yes! All of a sudden my belly button is shallower and the bottom part feels kind of sore. Strangest sensation ever. 

Post # 483
    2716 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
    @LuceBrun:  I know! Oh, And my acne hasn’t gone away yet either. So frustrating!

Post # 484
    1238 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @TeaAndToast:  Hello! seems you’ve been away for a while. Every morning as I drink my tea and eat toast I think of you though… Lol!

yes, my Mom is definitely coming to stay with us after the baby is born, and she’ll sleep here. I’ll need some mothering after the birth! She’s so excited to help out, cook meals, do the household chores, etc. She lives a 5 hour drive away from here, so she’s not THAT far away, but not close either. She might have a two-day a week job in the Fall, so she’ll be coming and going. We have a great relationship, and my partner loves her too- so no concerns there.

View original reply
    @hamikay:  glad to hear you’re informed about your birth options, but that’s too bad about finding out late about that great program. Is it difficult to be accepted, or can you trust that it will happen? Really, if you want to avoid interventions, labour at home for as long as possible before going to the hospital. You’ll be more comfortable there anyway. Have a doula with you if you want, and then by the time you arrive, you’ll be well on your way and they can’t “convince” you to do anything to speed up your birth so you are on their schedule. just my two cents. πŸ™‚

Bees! I went maternity clothes shopping this weekend- felt so weird! especially trying on that fake baby bump in the changing room! Lol! I got two cotton tops that will be great for summer, and some capris which are SO comfotable. Wasn’t cheap though, I think I’ll be shopping in thrift stores for anything else I want.

also, we went to a meet and greet set up by our midwifery clinic last Thursday evening, and met two other lesbian couples- and we are all due within weeks of each other! that was cool. I left feeling super blessed and lucky at how quickly and easily I got pregnant though- they had both spent thousands of dollars and it had taken so long for both of them. The one couple eventually had to go the IVF route- so she’s carrying her partner’s egg! wild and awesome.

Post # 485
    1238 posts
    Bumble bee

oh yeah, and we started our baby registry last night, with Baby List. It was so much fun! I’m not sure if we’ll get a lot of stuff from it or not- I know my Mom is throwing me a blessing way but I don’t think there’ll be lots of gifts, and no body’s mentioned a shower yet (but it’s early).

Maybe some of my wife’s family in Ontario will send stuff, we’ll see. Either way, it was fun to look around and dream. Baby List is great because you aren’t limited to just one or two stores!

Post # 486
    1090 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @TeaAndToast:  My mom will most likely stay with us for a few days, at least.  Is it bad that I am hoping and praying that my Mother-In-Law isn’t around too much, though?  Gahh, she is so overwhelming and seriously the advice she gives sometimes…I wonder where in the world she thinks up some of the stuff she does.  The suckiest part is that my mom lives 3 hours away and DH’s parents live 15 min away πŸ™  I also worry about Mother-In-Law wanting to come over and just hog the baby which she will see as “helping” so I can get other stuff done around the house, whereas MY mother will cook, clean, do laundry, etc. (She did this for my 2 SIL’s that had babies) but it will only be for a few days before she will have to go back to work.  

View original reply
    @hamikay:  I agree with mtnhoney in that laboring at home for as long as you can will help with fewer interventions, but otherwise, if you do end up at a hospital you just have to be very adamant about how you want things to go and if you don’t want certain interventions then you just have to refuse them (not sure about Australia, but I know in the U.S. that even if we as physicians REALLY think a patient should have something done, without consent to do it or give the drug, we have no power if they decide they don’t want something).  I am glad I will be delivering at a hospital though just for the fact that (heaven forbid) should I need an emergency c-section or something, I don’t have to travel anywhere.  I have already seen too many situations that turned into needing an emergency c-section in my short amount of time in the medical field that it makes me uncomfortable not being so close to that option.  I was pretty impressed at the hospital I used to work at, the baby was showing severe signs of distress–they had mom to the OR and baby out in under 19 min.  I know that sometimes people do tend to jump the gun about c-sections, though, but sometimes they are actually necessary and most of the time not recommended unless the doctor feels it is truly best to get baby out of there.  Of course, babies are born just fine all the time at home, etc., but once again, just seeing things that have gone wrong, it makes me feel better that I would be right there should the need for a c-section arise.  Phew..sorry, long reply! Haha

View original reply
    @Luckygir15:  we have ONE bathroom at our house.  ONE. DH’s poops are also incredibly stinky EVERY SINGLE TIME. Wth? Haha…fortunately/unfortunately, I have been having more of the stuffy congested nose that I’m pretty sure is blocking my sense of smell more than anything.  For a while in first tri, though, I felt like a bloodhound haha. I have wicked nasty farts, too.  Yaaay pregnancy for stuff like that! 

View original reply
    @LuceBrun:  the acne on my face is (holy cow knock on wood) sort of clearing up, but it is raging full force on my chest, back, and upper arms.  Ugh!  I have been rocking a scarf almost every single day to cover up my chest if I’m wearing a lower-cut shirt.  Sucks to have this awesome cleavage and feel too embarrassed to show it off bc of chest acne!  Hahaha just kidding, I’m not too much of a put-em-out-there boob person, anyways because pre-pregnancy I didn’t have much going on for boobs. 

View original reply
    @pmerr:  so jealous you felt baby move already! I seriously think I felt this tapping a week or so ago, but since it hasn’t happened since then, I am beginning to doubt that was actually baby.  The area right under my belly button hurts sometimes. Unfortunately, even if you are an innie, by the time you are very pregnant, all of us will turn into outies (but it usually goes back to normal-ish after delivery).  My mom calls it your “turkey timer” and when it pops out, you know you are getting close to being finished cooking your baby! Hahaha

Post # 487
    289 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @angelicwink:  cute bump!

View original reply
    @pmerr:  My belly button has stretched and now looks half in and half out. It’s too sensitive to touch.

View original reply
    @mtnhoney:  That’s exciting! I got to register for classes because I would love to meet other mommy-to-bes. I JUST started looking at different reviews on cribs and stuff. Feel a little behind.

What products do you ladies so far feel are in the lead with you when it comes to cribs, gliders, strollers and car seats? Also, when do you think you will have your baby showers? My best friend already asked me. With some things (like appointments) I feel like time is going slow and sometimes I feel like I’m falling behind.

Post # 488
    1090 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @mtnhoney:  and yes, maternity clothes are ridiculously expensive.  I am going to be making a visit to the used maternity clothing store again this week, the most expensive thing I bought there last time was $5.50, so much better than $50 for a pair of maternity pants!  However, there is something about getting something new that is all fresh and yours, but that’s just the shop-aholic in me speaking πŸ˜‰ So cool about the other lesbian couples, I think it’s amazing that our fertility technology is greatly benefiting same-sex couples as well as couples with infertility! I can’t wait to do our baby registry, but I think I will have a hard time not going too crazy!  

Ok, there’s my attempt at catching up! Haha..sorry if I missed a few of you.  We are needing a new thread soon, anyways.  I will go start one.  If any of you have any more gender reveal date updates, let me know πŸ™‚ 

Post # 489
    159 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @LuceBrun:  My acne is terrible too. So bad, in fact, that my OBGYN said something. They got me on a topical antibiotic that is safe for pregnant women. I even had a pumpkin extract ‘peel’ a few weeks ago, but it didn’t help much. The worst part is that it is on my chest and back. Ugh. Totally horendous! So, you are not alone, but mine has not started to get any better. πŸ™

Post # 490
    289 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  I have the same fears about the MIL! Ugh, I hate to feel this way but I really don’t know how to stand up to her sometimes when she offers advice.

Post # 491
    2716 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
    @cowgirlace:  I’ve only felt it a little bit since then, so hopefully that’s what it was and I’ll feel it again more regularly soon!

View original reply
    @MrsQuickFox:  

The whole belly button things just grosses me out! One of those weird things, but I get kind of grossed out when things/body parts get out of their normal positions!

Post # 492
    289 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @pmerr:  I understand. That’s also why I’m sensitive about touching it. Very weird.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors