(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 6

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 182
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hi ladies. Sorry I’ve been MIA. And I apologize in advance for the long post.

I should have plenty of time to catch up now – I’m on bed rest until at least Friday. I am having brown spotting, but the dr did an ultrasound today and said baby looks fine, hb is a little high but nothing to worry about, and cervix looks good – though they only have 1 really experienced ultrasound tech, and she wasn’t in today. The dr started going through fetal mortality at this point, though, to point out that PJ can’t survive outside the womb yet, and that was disconcerting. I’m only 21 weeks, 2 days. Hopefully this clears up and ends up being nothing. I’m having pain on one side of my tummy now, but the spotting hasn’t changed. Next dr apt is scheduled for Friday morning, so hopefully I will get the ‘all’s clear’ on Friday.

So, I don’t do the praying thing, but I would appreciate good thoughts!

Post # 183
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@Steinberg:  Lots of positive thoughts headed your way!  Keep us posted.

Post # 184
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Steinberg:  Sending good thougts your way!!!!!!

Post # 185
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Steinberg:  Positive thoughts that bed rest does the trick.  Tell that baby that it’s not done cooking yet!

Post # 186
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

So excited about people finding out! Making me want to find out even more!!

@Steinberg:  Hoping the bed rest helps and you’re back on your feet in no time!

I got the job!! So far it’s been going great! I’m finally starting to look pregnant too so I’m trying to show it off as much as possible. I’ll try and take a bump picture tomorrow. 

I haven’t felt the baby lately and I’m getting anxious…

So we have a plan for annoucing the gender! We’re finding out the week before Mother’s Day so we’re going to make up two gifts for each of the moms in a neutral bag and after we find out we fill the bags with the color of the gender and have our mom’s open them on Mothers day. My mom will be with all of her family so they’ll all be surprised and find out at once and we’ll be with Mother-In-Law and she may have her family with when she opens.

This way we can find out and have “our” moment but also surprise our families.

Post # 187
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@Steinberg:  Sending you good vibes and very positive thoughts.  Thinking of you!

View original reply
@MrsRose:  Congrats on the job!

Post # 188
1126 posts
Bumble bee

Hi all, way behind so just catching up on this page πŸ™‚ But congrats on all the good results and gender announcements recently. 2 more weeks til our scan… can’t wait!! But we’re not telling ANYONE what we’re having (except you ladies, of course) so no gender reveals for us until birth πŸ™‚ We’ve decided to tell people we’re team green, so people don’t try and guess based on what we say.

@MrsBoomBoom: & 

View original reply
@nhoh: congrats on the girls πŸ™‚

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:  thanks for the list update!!

View original reply
@CircleFace:  glad to hear they can’t find anything wrong – sorry about the ‘no sex’ ruling though!! poor DH (although I’d be the one who was upset in my relationship right now!!)

View original reply
@tracylesq:  yay for good blood pressure! My OB gave me a range (not a specific number) for the heartbeat last appointment too.

View original reply
@MissKabers:  good work on staying strong on team green πŸ™‚ hope all goes beautifully at the US tomorrow πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Steinberg:  so many positive thoughts being sent your way, lady. hope you feel better very soon!

View original reply
@MrsRose:  congrats on the job πŸ™‚ i haven’t felt baby much yet either – we are both due later in september, and the books say not to worry at this point, so I’m not stressing about it yet.

Post # 189
1546 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@hamikay:  Ohhh! Sneaky!! I would be afraid that I would slip if I did that!

Post # 190
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@CircleFace:  a cake for mother’s day would be awesome.

All you ladies waiting till the reveal to find out make me wish I waited! lol Can’t wait to hear about the events!

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  I was going bonkers with the spacing. It was driving me crazy! I must have editted the post 10x. lol. Keep up the good work by studying! Wish I had the same drive. I postponed my professional exam until either Oct or next spring because my head wasn’t into studying since I’ve been out of school for 5 years now. I’m kidding myself if I think I’ll be able to do it in Oct right? LOL. Well anyway, all the best studying! Hang in there mama, you’re almost there!

View original reply
@tracylesq:  No problem. Smile Great news about the blood pressure results! The doc said I’ll have the glucose test in a few visits as well. Not looking forward to it since I heard the solution is disgusting. By The Way, I used to listen to Z100 all the time when Carolina was on back when hubby worked close to me and drove me to work. Her and I share the same bday. She’s adorable.

View original reply
@MissKabers:  Thanks, I’m glad. Maybe it’s just me. I kept going back and forth as well. It’s going to be an AWESOME surprise when you guys find out!  

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:  Thanks, glad I could help.

View original reply
@Steinberg:  So sorry you have to go through this. I’m sending good thoughts your way of course! It’s good news that your cervix looks good though. Try not to stress, let us know how everything goes when you can.

View original reply
@MrsRose:  Congrats on the job! Love the idea that you can announce/reveal on Mother’s Day! Super cute!

View original reply
@hamikay:  No problem. Sounds like the best of both worlds by telling everyone else you guys are Team Green. I would have done that but DH can’t hold in a secret. Well he did keep the BFP a secret for 3 months…maybe I should give him more credit. Lol. Anyway, glad you’re gonna share the news with us! Can’t wait!

Post # 191
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Steinberg:  did you do anything stressful before the spotting? for us it was dtd but from what i hear anything too taxing or stressful on the body can cause it. I hope you get the ok from your dr on Fri and its nothing. sending positive thoughts your way!

View original reply
@MrsRose:  congrats on the new job, and on your bump showing πŸ™‚ i like your plan with the parents, i’ve been trying to figure out how we’re gonna reveal it to our family because his parents live in the apt across the hall from us and my mom lives a bit far so i dont know that i’ll be with my mom on mother’s day to tell in person or if we can do a cake gender reveal thing πŸ™   to be honest i’d much rather tell my mom in person then his mother, my mom’s reactions are so much more fun lol

View original reply
@hamikay:  ha, thats a good trick. my BIL’s wife is pregnant and they did find out the sex of the baby however she wants it to be a surprise for everyone, where they went wrong is telling us they know because now when they say he we know its a boy Tongue Out of course they deny but too late now, unless they are throwing us of by saying he…

i’ve been having some trouble with DH, he seems pretty down. he says he understands the situation and why we temporarily cant have sex but he says even before that he sensed i wasn’t into it or that i just dont want to. its very frustrating because i thought i was enthusiastic enough, i mean i’m no nympho but i’m not a cold fish either. once we get the ok i’m gonna try to put a little more effort to boost his esteem. i just hate that he really thinks im not attracted to him or that i dont desire him πŸ™

Post # 192
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Steinberg:  sending good thoughts your way, I hope you are finding a way to relax and not be too stressed during this time 

View original reply
@hamikay:  that is a super fun way of doing it! I think I would break though – or buy something that was definitely boy or girl and people would figure it out.

View original reply
@MrsRose:  Yay for the new job! So glad it has been going well! Can’t wait to see a bump pic πŸ™‚

Our ultrasound went great today! Baby V looks perfect – measuring right on track and nothing that looked off. It was so great to see their little fingers and feet, their heart and everything else. The spine made them look like a dinosaur skeleton which made me giggle! We had to close our eyes while she took a picture of whether it was a boy or girl – I alllllllmost wanted to have my eyes open/move my hand to see if I could guess, but we stayed strong! Kind of bummed that this is probably the last time we will see our little bean until they make their big entrance, but glad to know that we don’t have to have any ultrasounds because something seemed off. (Maybe I’ll beg for one closer to my due date to check size/positioning)

one and a half more days of work! Friday can’t come soon enough! 

Post # 193
524 posts
Busy bee

@CircleFace:  It’s so frustrating that husbands have to act like that.  I swear sometimes mine forgets that I’m actually pregnant and perhaps I’m just not feeling it.  My husband’s newest kick is telling me that if it’s a boy we’re not having anymore because I’m too moody when I’m pregnant.  

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:  They asked me if I wanted orange or red.  I chose red and it really just tasted like Hawaiian Punch.  Not really bad at all.  It was about a 10 oz. bottle, probably.  You have five minutes to drink it and then no food or drink for an hour.  I had my exam during the wait, and chatted with some other moms in the waiting room, so it wasn’t bad.  At the end of the hour they take your blood.  I think they did it so early with me because maybe I’m high risk.  I have family history of diabetes from my paternal grandparents.  Otherwise I think they do it 24-28 weeks.   

Post # 194
524 posts
Busy bee

@MissKabers:  Yay for the good ultrasound!  

Post # 195
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@Steinberg:  Lots of good vibes coming your way. Update us when you can!

View original reply
@MissKabers:  Glad to hear baby looks perfect! And good for you for not sneaking a peek… you’re a strong woman.

View original reply
@hamikay:  Oh that’s a good idea, sneaky, sneaky!

View original reply
@MrsRose:  Yay! Congrats on the job!

AFM, I ordered my nursery furniture! Target was having a sale on most of their baby furniture, plus this specific brand was 20% off, and we get another 5% off because we have a RED card, so I got the crib, changing table, and dresser for 500, with no shipping fees. It was too good of a deal to pass up! I also found crib bedding I love on Etsy. I’ve ordered fabric swatches, so assuming I’ll love the fabrics, I’ll get that ordered and pick out paint! I’m so excited to get the nursery started.

Post # 196
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@MissKabers:  So glad to hear things went well! I’m still impressed you managed to hold out on finding the gender.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors