(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 6

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 467
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I can’t seem to post a picture from my iPad, but wanted to let you all know that on Friday we found out we are TEAM PINK!!! πŸ™‚ I’m so excited for my daughter! Cue the shopping!!

Post # 468
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Sunshine09:  Congratulations on your little man!

View original reply
@Max04092010:  Congratulations on your little lady!

View original reply
@mtnhoney:  I’m definitely going to look into Baby List tomorrow.  I started a Buy Buy Baby registry, but there are no stores in Connecticut where my inlaws and husband’s friends all are (in case people want to buy gifts).  I’m not sure if anyone is even throwing me a shower, but I wanted a place to at least keep track of the things we want.  

Post # 469
524 posts
Busy bee

@cowgirlace:  I think I may have felt my first rumble from Little One this afternoon.  I’m going to pretend it was and accept it as my first Mother’s Day present. 

Post # 470
1455 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@cowgirlace:  Love that name! Hope the studying is going well πŸ™‚

Post # 471
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Man, I am REALLY bad at posting here and the facebook group! How was every one’s mother’s day? DH took me to brunch yesterday morning on the beach. Baby girl seemed to know it was mother’s day brunch, and kicked me all morning! (Side note: DH was able to feel her from the outside for the first time on Friday!) We went to my parents house where DH gave me a beautiful new Kate Spade purse and my mom gave me a pandora bracelet that is pink with various baby related charms. I was so surprised, I thought we were there to celebrate my mom! It was a wonderful surprise, though. I gave my mom a few grandma-type things, which she loved.

Today is DH’s birthday, and tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, so we are lucky to have lots to celebrate these next few days!

@cowgirlace:  

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:  Love all the little boy outfits! So sweet.

View original reply
@Sunshine09:  Congrats, again, on the baby boy!

View original reply
@Max04092010:  Yay, welcome to team pink!

View original reply
@tracylesq:  Isn’t it the best feeling? What a perfect day to feel LO for the first time!

Post # 472
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Is anyone else having trouble with bedding/nursery themes? DH and I really want to do a pink/orange/black/white Harley Davidson theme and we are having so much trouble finding anything! I’m even looking at getting solids for everything then making myself or having someone else make a harley blanket and pillow and stuff but even the solids I’m having a hard time matching up and stuff. Grrrr so frustrating! Any suggestions?

Post # 473
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@hamikay:  hooray!!! so exciting! and I feel so special to be “in the know” 

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:   @cowgirlace: It’s kind of funny, but I actually love some of the little boys clothes that I see – then again, I think I just love a lot of the really teensy baby things. We’re sticking with gender neutral, but trying not to do all the yellow/green stuff – that I find even harder. 

View original reply
@Lyndzo:  from the January thread?!?! Did I read that right? I’ve been only on WB on this board and have been off for a little over a week and somehow I missed your announcement – EEEEEEEE I am SO FREAKING EXCITED for you!!!!!!! 

View original reply
@CircleFace:  adorable!! congrats! 

View original reply
@Sunshine09:  adorable pictures!! 

View original reply
@UK Bride:  Yay! Two little girls – so fabulous!

goodness, I’ve only caught up on one page since being away! Seems we had a busy week! So excited for all the announcements and all the fun things – like registering and baby showers that are coming up for everyone! 

Post # 474
1546 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@MrsRose:  YES! We’re looking at zoo, circus, and sunshine. I like either zoo or circus better-it’s easier to find ideas. The zoo theme would be easy bc jungle is really popular with everything right now, and we haven’t just sat down and talked/decided!

Post # 475
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@MrsMaskatoBe:  

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  Love all of those clothes!  And that xmas sweater along with that orange onesie!  eek!  So fun!

View original reply
@UK Bride:  congrats on the two girls!  so fun!

View original reply
@Sunshine09:  congrats on the boy! 

I am exactly 20 weeks today!  Halfway (and I guess every September momma is officially more than halfway)!  And we got word that it looks like the sale of our house is definitely going to happen.  We had basically drawn a line in the sand on one issue and were not sure if the buyer would agree because they seemed not to when we had talked before.  Everyone said our requests were reasonable, and we just did not feel comfortable budging on the one issue (regarding our roof).  Luckily, it seems to have all worked out!

Post # 476
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

is anyone else dealing with swelling of your feet/lower legs? I thought that yesterday it was just because of flying, but it started happening this afternoon too – and I haven’t been up and about walking a lot, mostly at my desk. The bottom half of my legs look scary (thank goodness I chose a long skirt today) and my shoes hurt my feet. Lord, if this is happening now, what the heck is going to happen by August?!?!?

Post # 477
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Well, we are no longer team green…our tech slipped up and told me today (when I went in for an ultrasound because I fell) that we are having a BOY! I just came home and told DH. We decided to keep it amongst ourselves until the birth.  

Post # 478
1126 posts
Bumble bee

@Lyndzo:  aww, thanks so much lady!! so nice to see you here πŸ™‚ and even NICER to stalk you on the January thread and see that everything has been going so well with this little bean πŸ˜€

View original reply
@CircleFace:  aww, congrats on the boy πŸ™‚ and SUCH a cute onesie, haha

View original reply
@UK Bride:  wow – two girls!!! so sweet.

View original reply
@tracylesq:  haha, love the fist pump πŸ™‚

View original reply
@PilotsGirl56:  aww, sorry that the u/s tech slipped – but how exciting that you are having a BOY!!! and that you are playing the same game as me, it’s SO much fun to have a little secret between hubby and I and not tell everyone else πŸ™‚ and i’m finding it lovely to know the sex, feels like I think about her differently now. are you going to say that you know but you’re keeping it a secret, or that you just didn’t find out? Most importantly, glad you and baby are OK after the fall!!

View original reply
@mtnhoney:  wow – you are very lucky with all the gifts and hand-me-downs you are getting!! so far we’ve only got a bassinet to borrow from a friend, oh, and an electric pump if I need it from my BFF. the rest we have to buy – the one downside to being the first in the family to have kids. but that’s ok, we quite like the research and planning involved in making purchases πŸ™‚

Just googled the Birthing from Within classes and they look awesome – I don’t think we have them here in Aus, but they look similar to the Calmbirth classes I’m registering us for in July/August. I’ve also been reading “Birth Skills” by Juju Sundin, an Australian book. Looks great for Active Birth strategies – movement, noise, visualisation and involving the partner.

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  awwwww – look at ALL THOSE CUTE CLOTHES!!!! gorgeous, these photos made me smile so much, especially after you said you couldn’t find anything you liked πŸ™‚ I haven’t been clothes shopping yet – I wanted to buy something the day we found out the sex, but we ran out of time.

View original reply
@MrsMaskatoBe:  wow, your haul is amazing too!!

View original reply
@Sunshine09:  yay for another boy!!! I wonder if our tally is starting to even out??

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  haha, i definitely think keeping the name a secret is a good idea – i’m scared that when baby shows up we’ll take one look at her and say “well, you’re not a Penelope” πŸ™‚ note to self – pack baby name book in hospital bag. Both Brycen and Braxton are very cute names πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Max04092010:  congrats on the girl!!!

View original reply
@FloridaGatorBride:  gosh, you did get spoiled for Mothers Day!! how lovely. i tried to convince hubby that i should get a present, seeing as I’m doing lots of mothering already, but he wasn’t buying it πŸ™‚ he did wake up to tell me “happy almost mothers day” though, which was sweet from him, haha.

View original reply
@MrsRose:  i haven’t started looking for sheets and blankets etc yet, but I imagine they’ll be hard to match colours!! haven’t even finalised our colours yet – I did suggest to hubby the other day that we start from a sheet set that we like and work the colours back from there…

View original reply
@paw:  great news about the house!! and yay for halfway!!

View original reply
@MissKabers:  i’ve only noticed swollen feet a couple of times, when I’ve been up and about all day and I end up with shoe imprints on my feet – mmm, attractive!! but it’s getting quite cold over here in Aus, so hopefully that helps!

Well, I’m home for a few days with a stomach bug – yesterday was pretty gross, but just feeling a bit tired today. Doctor gave me tomorrow off too, so plenty of time to recover. Baby girl is still kicking around though so I’m sure she’s fine!! It’s just hard to be away from school because I have to plan and organise classes from home.

Our nursery is coming along well thanks to hubby’s work – we’ve painted the ceiling (white) and the walls (slivery-grey) and he’s been busy stripping back the windows, picture rail and cornice so they can be a gloss white. eeee, can’t wait!! then I can start decorating!!

Post # 479
1455 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@PilotsGirl56:  Congrats on your baby boy!!! πŸ™‚ Welcome to Team Blue, I hope you’re feeling better.

View original reply
@hamikay:  I hope you feel better!

Post # 480
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@hamikay:  we are going to tell everyone after the birth that we knew. I think DH is disappointed she didn’t slip while he was there, but he is so excited about having a son!

Post # 481
1126 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsMaskatoBe:  thanks πŸ™‚

View original reply
@PilotsGirl56:  we’ll do the same, glad DH is excited to know too πŸ™‚

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors