(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 6

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 482
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@PilotsGirl56:  awwww, I feel badly that you found out that way and that DH wasn’t there – but what wonderful news!! I think no matter when you find out, it is amazing – and how fabulous that you are going to keep it a secret too! I give you and 

View original reply
@hamikay:  a ton of credit for that! 

Post # 483
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Sunshine09:  congrats! hooray for team blue! loved the article, sniff sniff now i’ll have 2 boys to give me twice the lub πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Max04092010:  congrats on your girl πŸ™‚

View original reply
@PilotsGirl56: congrats on your boy! sorry to hear the tech slipped up but isnt it great knowing you have a little boy brewin in there?

View original reply
@hamikay:  hope you feel better, stomach bugs are the worst :/

sorry if i missed anyone, checkin in real quick as its been super busy at work, trying to plan my son’s 10th birthday party this sat, taking off of work this fri to have a school party for him and i just found out my mom is being discharged on saturday as well so yay for getting better fast but now figuring out how to get her home while also having a birthday party at the same time!

heres a video i thought you guys might find amusing Tongue Out

http://vimeo.com/65927758

Post # 484
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@CircleFace:  Yes, thanks! We thought it was a boy all along, so it is nice to have that confirmation. It is going to be hard to not accidentally say something. 

Post # 485
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@PilotsGirl56:  yeah i found myself saying ‘he’ even before we found out so its tough not to say ‘he’ after you find out. any names yet? we still havent really sat down and thought of names, he’s stuck on Paulo or Francisco but i dont like the english versions, especially not Frank, i just think of an old man when i think of Frank…i dunno silly right? I like Michael but its been hard finding a name that sounds good with it. I gotta start looking through baby name books!

Post # 487
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Officially joining team pink! I really can’t believe it, I thought all along for sure a boy as we have 3 nieces, so to add another girl to the familit is shocking! We are of course thrilled, think it may take awhile to sink in though πŸ™‚ hope everyone is doing good.

Post # 490
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@cowgirlace:  Love your Mother-In-Law stories.  I have some doozies myself.  I’m so jealous of all your baby kicks!  I keep waiting to feel them myself.  I’m also sick of the baby name conversation.  We have a boy name picked out but no girl name.  So at dinner with my inlaws and future sister in law’s parents on Saturday night, everyone kept shooting names at me.  I wanted to climb under the table.  Keep up the good work studying!  

Post # 491
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Has anyone started researching breast pumps? I’m pretty sure our insurance isn’t going to cover one so I need to start looking into them and figureing out what I want/need and what we can afford.

Post # 492
1455 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@cowgirlace:  I was also pretty disappointed about Mother’s Day as well. No card here, either. I’m sorry,  but I was kneeling over the toilet for 13 weeks, I think I deserve a little recognition. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@MrsRose:  I always heard the Madela is the best…my insurance covers a beast pump but they are seriously backordered on Madela, so I am researching the other brands as well. πŸ™‚

Post # 493
1546 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@PilotsGirl56:  Aww! So sorry about that! I would be upset! πŸ™

We decided on doing zoo for the nursery theme! So excited! Now I’ve been looking at Etsy for some cute decor!

I’m about done registering. I’m just trying to decide on what to do about a few items…they’re the same price at both stores (BBB & Target), but Target is  more accessible to more people, I believe. I’m not sure if I should keep them on the BBB one for the coupon, or the Target because it’s closer for people.

Post # 494
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@pmerr:  You may want to leave them on both registries. You’ll most likely be doing some returning after the shower/birth anyway, so there’s no real harm in having stuff you want at two places.

Post # 495
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@PilotsGirl56:  Congrats on your boy!

View original reply
@clinique:  Congrats on the girl!

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  Sorry to hear about your frustrating Mother-In-Law.  I have one of those too.  Mine announced to the facebook world that we were having a girl 10 minutes after leaving our gender reveal party when I specifically said to everyone to not post anything on facebook just yet.  So I told DH that I don’t care if we 100% are confident in a name, that woman will not know about it until the baby is born. Or at least until we’re ready to announce it.

View original reply
@pmerr: I love the zoo theme.  So cute. You could always register for the item at both places and then if you notice one gets bought, delete it off the other one?  I am so clueless when it comes to registries.  We started ours a week or so ago and maybe added like 15 items before we just got too overwhelmed and had to call it a day.  I plan to go back soon to add more.  How did you decide all you needed to register for?  Did you research everything or just kind of pick-as-you-go? 

I went a little crazy today booking future appointments/classes.  I scheduled our 3d/4d ultrasound for June 15th which I am so excited for! I’ll be 28w5d when we get it done which I hear is a good time.  I’m excited to see what her little face looks like!  I also scheduled an infant CPR class, a childbirth class, our hospital tour and a class on getting your dogs adjusted to the new baby.  June will be a busy month for us!

I hit 24 weeks the other day and I got an email from one of the websites I subscribe to that said “Welcome to your 6th month of pregnancy!” I’ve been confused as to how to track how many months I am, so I’ve always just gone by weeks. So to see “6th month” kind of freaked me out! In a good way. I think that’s why I signed us up for everything I could. Anyone else feel like time is flying??

Post # 496
1546 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@BeatlesFan629:  I tried to research the major things ahead of time- carseats/strollers (which we aren’t going with what I want so we can save $ :/ ), bottles (which I read it depends on the kid, so don’t register), bedding and probably a couple more things. I did wander through the store a couple times to see what brands were offered. Some things I registered for because I like the brand (oxo), and I tried to get recommendations from family/friends & weddingbee/hellobee.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors