(Closed) September 2013 Babies – Part 6

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 62
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Roll Call!
How far along:    19 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss:  I haven’t been weighing myself or looking at the doctor’s office scale but this time around I asked. I’m +8lbs from my usual weight but I only gained +1 1/2 lbs since last month’s visit. Guess those fast foods runs in the first trimester put a number on me. Thankfully haven’t had the craving for them in a while.
Stretch marks:    None..yet. My mom doesn’t have them so I’m hoping they skip me as well. However, with my weight gain I have cellulite all over my butt now. Bummer!
Maternity clothes: The rubber band trick is no longer working. lol. I caved and bought a bunch of shirts from Gap maternity on sale, 1 pair of skinny maternity jeans at H&M, and leggings and another pair of jeans (bootcut) at Old Navy Maternity. I like the full panel pants a lot better. Also, the quality of the H&M jeans were SO much better. But the selection was literally one rack of clothes. Oh well. I’m not buying any maternity dresses because I can use my old loose ones but I’m going to have to invest in some shorts.
Sleep: I have to get up to pee 2 or 3 times a night. I’m not so good about falling back asleep since my dreams (very weird and realistic) are usually fresh on my mind when I wake up. I also NEED a pregnancy pillow now. I woke up this morning with side and back pain. Thanks for posting those links. I’m going to have to buy one this weekend.
Food cravings or aversions: I am loving ice cream lately. A little too much. I have moved up to two haagen-dazs bars as opposed to my one a night lately. Smh. I can’t do any meat on the bone. I can’t look at it even. We BBQ’d this weekend since it was a lot warmer than today and I couldn’t eat any of the meat. I usually love BBQ food so this will suck this summer. 
Gender (and/or when you will find out if not already listed): So I had my scan this week and I guess I will be joining TEAM PINK! So happy to finally find out but the reveal at the scan was anticlimactic. The LO was moving around a lot and so the potty shot was quick and blurry but the tech said she didn’t see any boy parts. I asked if I can start buying girl stuff and she said sure..but save your receipts. Um…ok. She doesn’t think I need another scan to tell but now I wonder if we should do the elective 3D scan elsewhere. I also didn’t get any good shots. I got three and they are not as good as the ones I got at the NT scan. Oh well. DH was telling me right before the scan that he would be thrilled both ways and he was  but last night he asked me, “What if we have all girls?” Awww, I know he would love a little boy too.   
Movement: So as soon as I hit 19 weeks on Tuesday I felt movement! I was so busy at work and all of a sudden I felt LO. It was flutters but more intense all day. No kicks yet and I don’t feel it everyday. I asked the doc at the appointment and he said to not worry. He said by 24 weeks it will be more consistent. Hopefully, sooner than that!

Diet:  I have been starting to eat more fruit when I crave sweets and surprisingly it has satisfied my cravings. I haven’t gotten into vegetables as much so that will be my goal. I have not been excercising at all. I walk quite a bit but my arms have gotten flabby. I have to look into how to tone them a bit.
What I’m loving:  That the atticipation of finding out the gender is over and that I’m looking more pregnant and less fat.
What I’m not loving:  I don’t like the attention at work. I guess people have been talking and I am now starting to have coworkers come up to me with “advice” or just being nosy. There is this one guy in particular that is a lot older and divorced and he is a little creepy when he talks to women. When my former coworker got pregnant he actually went in and touched her belly without asking! He has lately been commenting on my belly. I despise dealing with him. He doesn’t say anything that would constitute harassment but I don’t want to talk about my pregnancy with him. He literally comes over every day just to say hi and comment on my growth. Ugh! Yesterday he said, “Wow your belly is getting really big fast.” I replied, “So is yours. Just kidding”. He was shocked and changed the subject but he understood it was a joke. LOL. At least he stopped talking about it.
What I miss: I definitely don’t miss the hangovers from alcohol but I do miss the buzz feeling after having a glass or two of beer or wine. I have been out with my girlfriends and it’s weird being the sober one when eveyone is drinking. I also will miss all the cute spring and summer clothes I won’t be able to wear. But it is all worth it.
Favourite moment this week: Finding out the gender! I can’t wait to hear about all of your scans and reveals soon!

Post # 63
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:   Congratulations on your little girl!! That’s so exciting! It makes me kind of nervous that your tech told you to save your receipts.  My scan is next week and we’re not finding out until that weekend when we do the gender reveal and my fear is that my tech won’t be able to tell.  I hope we don’t cut into the cake expecting pink or blue frosting and it ends up being green…lol.   We decided we’d get the 3d ultrasound no matter what though, not only to make it 10000% sure, but also because friends have told me it’s totally worth it.

Post # 64
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:  Congrats on the little girl!!!

I can’t wait to find out, 19 days and counting til my ultrasound!

Post # 65
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

How far along: 19w5d – Can’t believe I’m half way there!

Total weight gain/loss: +7 lbs and feeling good.

Stretch marks: None to speak of so far. I’m not showing all that much yet though.

Maternity clothes: I’m in in-between-land where my regular clothes are too small but maternity clothes are too big. I’m mostly sticking to maternity clothes since they’re so much more comfortable.

Sleep: My husband bought me the Bobby Total Body Pillow. It’s ah-mazing.

Food cravings or aversions: Nothing really. In the 1st tri, I had aversions to pretty much everything but since about week 12, my appetite is back to normal.

Gender: GIRL!! Found out this week. She’s healthy and right on schedule.

Movement: Feeling her move throughout the day. It’s such a reassuring feeling.

What I’m loving: My husband. Fatherhood has really sunk in after seeing the baby this week and finding out the gender. He’s been like a giddy little kid and went shopping for our daughter’s first clothes the next day. πŸ™‚

What I’m not loving: I have 2 friends trying to get pregnant now, and both are finding it harder than they expected. I really feel for them so I’m trying not to throw my pregnancy in their faces. It’s hard to be excited without feeling like I’m reminding them of their struggles.

What I miss: Alcohol, but more the social aspect of it. After work happy hours and nights out with friends have definitely gone down since getting pregnant.

Favorite moment this week: Coming home to a pink teddy bear and outfit on my pillow from my husband. He’s so excited.

Post # 66
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@BeatlesFan629:  Thanks! I just found out that I get another US at my doc’s office in a few more visits so I guess I can ask then again. I’m up in the air about doing the 3D. I think I have a little bit of time to decide.

View original reply
@Luckygir15:  Thanks! I’m excited for everyone’s else to find out already.

View original reply
@Mrs.DBee:  Yay! Congrats! Awww, that’s so sweet of your husband.

Post # 67
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

How far along:   18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  4 pounds to 4.4 pounds.
Stretch marks:    None. I didn’t get them with my son hoping I will get lucky again, but have my doubts. I am starting out 20 pounds heavier with this one.
Maternity clothes: Yes. Have been since 8 weeks I think.
Sleep: Horrid. Enough said.
Food cravings or aversions: I hate chicken right now. Other then that ok. I crave stuff all the time, everyday and it changes. I have been wanting rice krispie treats and have the stuff but have resisted for weeks. This weekend it is probably going down!
Gender (and/or when you will find out if not already listed): Boy!
Movement: Diet:  Lots of movement. I feel him quite a bit actually. Diet needs to be better. Good on the fruit front. Bad on the veggie front. Trying.
What I’m loving:  Feeling him move. My husband and son being so excited and rubbing and talking to the belly. They are so in love already.
What I’m not loving:  Back issues. Not sleeping well.  Feeling heavy in many ways.
What I miss: Margaritas. Sigh.
Favourite moment this week: Feeling him move much more.

I hope everyone is well. I have been super busy and tired, but following along. I will try to throw in my two cents on previous conversations from the last thread.  So far we have bought our nursery funiture, bedding and stroller. Still deciding on paint. We have a car seat picked out, but haven’t bought yet. We already own a Sienna van so no issues with upgrading on the car. I don’t drive it though, we mainly use it on weekends and it will need snow tires.  We got over foot of snow maybe even two feet this week and it was zero this morning at my house. I sure would love spring to happen. As far as baby showers go I know my sister is throwing one for me, but I feel like it is weird and awkward since this is my second child. She informed me that it has been 7 years since my son was born, I moved cross country and am with someone else. But I still feel bad about it…… In other exciting news my Mother-In-Law is willing to watch the boys for us while we are vacationing and let us go to Venice for the weekend on our 1st wedding anniversary. We are so excited!!!  Anyone else have any fun baby moons or trips planned?

Post # 68
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MissKabers:  I am sorry about your mom moving. It really sucks. Not sure on the timing of my shower. I haven’t registered yet either. I feel like Babies R US is a major overpriced rip off here. I am thinking Target. But the selection isn’t as good. I am really torn overall on the shower in general it being a second babe and all. And honestly babies don’t need much.

View original reply
@pmerr:  Glad to see the pressure went down. How is it doing now? I have the snoogle.  Same one as
View original reply
@ForeverBlessed:  I don’t love it. I find it itchy….. And the thing is huge. Takes half ofthe bed. I also tried a wedge and it sucks too. I have no advice…..

View original reply
@FloridaGatorBride:  How is the cramping doing? I have been having alot of BH contractions. Worse at night when I am trying to sleep or walking to fast on my treadmills. I have been pretty crampy in general. Good days and bad days….. Hope it is doing better with some rest. Drink TONS of water. Really helps.

View original reply
@CircleFace:  Have fun at the wedding!

View original reply
@HeyCorgi:  Congrats on the boy! He is super cute.

View original reply
@paw:  I love your music idea. I may have to get some of those.

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  Drink that water! It really does help.

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:
View original reply
@Mrs.DBee:  Congrats on the baby girs! So exciting!

Post # 69
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@MrsQuickFox:  sorry, I didn’t even think that someone might not know what a blessingway was. In my world, they are WAY more common than baby showers. They are just more Mother-centered, with gifts and wisdom for the Mom, rather than the baby.

on that, someone was asking about baby showers after the birth, and yeah, they are pretty common. In our Gramma’s and Mother’s day it was the norm- didn’t want to tempt fate, with stillborns being more common.

For anyone who is still wondering about a registry, I’ll say it again- Baby List is the best! you can add stuff from anywhere!

Post # 70
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

what’s everyone reading these days?

Me: The Happiest Baby on the Block,

100 Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding,

and What to Expect the First Year.

I got them all from the library and they are all good reads.

Post # 71
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@LuluH:  Thanks! It’s still been down, and the OB is cautiously happy. She thinks it could go back up, so we’ll keep watching it. I wish those pillows werent so crazy big or expensive! I want to try some out, but can’t get them all. Such a pain!

I feel so behind with everything! Everyone has already started doing nursery or registry things. I keep forgetting we’re into our 4th month now, and actually need to make it a point to get working onsome of these things! I so want to get working on stuff in the spare room to decide how we’ll fit baby, and I want to register! πŸ™‚ Glad the worst of my school work is done, so hopefully I can spend some time doing baby stuff & get DH on board. At least I registered for our birthing class! We’re taking it next month, because we can’t do it later in the summer.

Post # 72
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi ladies!  I will catch up with everyone tomorrow, just wanted to check in.  Waiting at the airport in Tampa to come home.  Thankfully, my Mother-In-Law brought our puppy home from CT so I don’t have to go get her tomorrow!  So excited to see her when we get home.  

Post # 74
1272 posts
Bumble bee

Hi all, it’s been over a week again – I keep meaning to log in but never quite get there. Ah well!

Roll Call!

How far along:  16w 5days   

Total weight gain/loss: +2kgs 

Stretch marks:  Nope, hubby gets out the Bio Oil for me each night, so we’ll see if that works πŸ™‚  

Maternity  clothes: Yep – loving my maternity jeans. And just bought some tops and a dress in a bigger size at this point. 

Sleep: Pretty good – sometimes find it hard to fall asleep after the 3pm bathroom visit, and hips/lower back sometimes get achy. Crazy recurring dreams about cheating on hubby though!! Maybe living out some kind of last fears??!! Haha. But also some X-rated dreams involving hubby too πŸ˜‰ I tell him about both!!

Food  cravings or aversions: Neither – back on the chocolate though since easter, which is a bit of a pity, haha.

Gender (and/or when you will  find out if not already  listed): We find out on May 8th!!

Movement: None yet. Unless the digestion bubbles are actually baby bubbles, but I don’t think so. Heard baby kicking through the doppler at the OBs last week though!!

Diet: Reasonable. Lots of fruit and veg, but lots of hot chips too.

What I’m loving:  All of it. The growing belly, the happy glow and the peace I feel. I can’t WAIT to see bubs again, and I can’t wait to feel movement!

What I’m  not loving: Well, I could do without the indigestion…!

What I  miss: Nothing. I’d given up so many foods and drinks during TTC anyway. And life really hasn’t changed too much yet.

Favourite moment this week: Newborn cuddles of BFF’s baby, hearing the heartbeat and kicks at my appointment, and telling my students today that I was having a baby and them being sweet and excited for me (well, some of them, the girls ‘oohed’ and ‘awwed’ and the boys mostly looked uncomfortable, haha).

Post # 75
1272 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@mtnhoney:  I’m reading Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth, and my weekly updates in the Mayo guide, What to Expect, and Up the Duff. Haven’t started on books about dealing with the actual baby yet, still working on pregnancy and childbirth at this point πŸ™‚ Oh, and lots and lots of reviews and blogs about baby-related products.

View original reply
@pmerr:  we’ve only done a few things, picked paint colours for the nursery but haven’t painted, started researching cots and stuff. We won’t have a shower so don’t need a registry. And, you reminded me I haven’t even booked the hospital yet!!! Must do that tomorrow!! We did order our pram yesterday though, which was exciting (Baby Jogger City Elite).

View original reply
@cowgirlace:  ooooh – feeling movement!!! Sooo exciting!!

Post # 76
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think I had my first stranger notice and comment on my bump yesterday.  DH and I went out for breakfast at Cracker Barrel (mmmm…pancakes!).  When we were getting ready to leave, our waitress put her arm around my shoulders and told that she’d just bought the cutest baby outfit on clearance in their store area, and to be careful if I went out to look because they had a lot of cute stuff marked down.  So, I’m assuming that she could tell I’m sporting a baby bump and not chub, which is nice to know.  My mid-section is definitely expanding, and I know it probably looks like baby, but it’s nice to get confirmation from someone who doesn’t actually know.

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies – Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors