(Closed) September 2013 Babies!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 62
791 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m scheduled for a facial today, but I’m a little nervous.  Things I’ve read online say it could cause miscarriages or birth defects, but when I called my doctor to make an appointment, the nurse said it was fine based on the description I read her.  Should I tell them I’m pregnant when I get there, just to be sure?  If I should, the only problem will be is that the esthetician is my aunt!  we (ok, just my hubs) isn’t ready to tell people yet, so I can’t tell my aunt before our parents!!  someone just tell me I’m overreacting and everything will be fine!

Post # 64
1263 posts
Bumble bee

@lroetheli: Oh my gosh that is a dilemma! Is it something you need done now or would waiting a few weeks be a big deal? If it were me, I would probably just cancel it and then re-schedule once you’ve told everyone so that you can ask your aunt about it being safe during pregnancy. Usually, I’m not one to take too much stock in stuff like that (I still drink a little coffee and will have a glass of red wine on New Years eve, stuff like that) but ‘miscarriages and birth defects’ sounds really scary! Honestly, I’m sure it would be fine but if something did end up happening you might always wonder if it was because of that ya know?

@MrsMaskatoBe: Yay that is fantastic news!!

Post # 65
1263 posts
Bumble bee

Also, I took my last FRER this morning and the line was darker than yesterday’s (although not as dark as the test line but that’s ok), so I am done testing! My temp is still going up so I think I’m good for now and I am going to try to stop worrying! πŸ™‚

ETA- because I finally learned how to upload pics from my iPhone πŸ˜‰

Post # 66
791 posts
Busy bee

can I just say, I’m super jealous of both of you having your appointments so soon!

@MrsMonty11:  alright, I just cancelled my appointment.  even though the nurse said it would be fine, I’ve still been worried about it.  it will make my Darling Husband happy anyways, he thought I should wait too.  I’d rather be overreacting than something bad happen.

Post # 67
1263 posts
Bumble bee

@lroetheli: Thats good, better safe than sorry I guess!

Post # 68
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Popping back in after a holiday break πŸ™‚ I had a referral appointment yesterday with my regular doc, and the ONLY thing they had me do was pee in a cup, checked my Bridal Party, and told me to take my prenatals! Kind of lame/uneventful. I will get a referral sent to the OB/Midwife office though and will have my first appointment there in late January. πŸ™‚

Do any of you have advice or worries about dying your hair? I have a hair appointment scheduled for Jan 21 and I don’t know if I should just get a cut, or get my normal cut and color πŸ™ I usually do an all over color + highlights every 3 months.

Are any of you going to be going to a midwife? I’m super excited to have my first appt. there!

Post # 69
791 posts
Busy bee

@HeyCorgi:  I think hair coloring is fine. My BFF goes to the same dr as I do and she’s gotten her hair colored regularly and she’s 36weeks. The dr said it was fine as long as it isn’t done weekly lol. I need to color mine too.  I’ve been buying color at Sally’s and doing it myself, but I’m nervous to do it ONLY because I hear color takes to your different when you’re pregnant. I’m worried my normal color is going to look totally different and I’ll have to go in public looking like a hot mess!  I’ll just be seeing an obgyn. What exactly makes a midwife different?  

Post # 70
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@HeyCorgi:  I got my hair highlighted at 5 weeks. I spoke to my doctor first and she said it was  safe. She did advise me that highlights are better because the color is in less contact with the skin. She also said she would recommend getting it done by a professional rather than at home color. Something about the products used. I think its like everything that could, maybe possibly  be harmful during pregnancy: use your best judgement. 

Post # 71
1263 posts
Bumble bee

@HeyCorgi: I’m not quite sure about the overall color because I know it needs to get close to your scalp, but I get my hair done (highlight and lowlight) every 4 months or so and my dr told me last time I was pregnant that its fine as long as there’s plenty of ventilation and you won’t be breathing in the fumes. I actually got a gift certificate to get my hair done for Christmas (much needed!) so I will be doing that very soon. I think you should be just fine. And I’m with lroetheli, I will just be seeing my obgyn, but I’m interested in the differences between that and a midwife too.

Post # 72
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi, long time lurker here and 1st time posting! Excited to join the September group. This is my 1st pregnancy, so it all so new.. Estimated due date: sept 7- (my husbands birthday which he already shares with both of his grandpa’s!).. Dr appointment scheduled for jan 3.. 

I’ve been crampy off and on since getting my bfp!  Trying not to worry as I have heard its common in pregnancies.. 

Anyways thought I would join in on the fun!! 

Post # 73
1263 posts
Bumble bee

@Momma-B: Congrats and welcome!! I’ve been having mild cramps since I found out a few days ago so it’s definitely normal. That’s exciting that baby’s due date is the same day as all those birthdays!

Post # 74
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@lroetheli: 

@MrsMonty11:  Here’s a simple article explaining it.. http://www.babycenter.com/0_choosing-a-certified-nurse-midwife_322.bc

I’ll be seeing a Certified Nurse Midwife as long as my pregnancy remains low risk. At the practice they also have several doctors on staff who I would be transferred to if I became higher risk (GD, pre-eclampsia, etc.) But I’m hoping of course that won’t be the case. πŸ™‚ I was told the midwife will be more involved in the birthing process than an OB (who only shows up to catch the baby and stitch you up.) The delivery will be at a hospital.

Post # 75
1263 posts
Bumble bee

@HeyCorgi: Oh I see. I will be considered high risk with this pregnancy (had to have an emergency c-section with my son due to placental abruption) so I couldn’t go to a midwife but I think it’s really neat!

Post # 76
791 posts
Busy bee

@HeyCorgi:  thanks for the info, very interesting!  I don’t even know if they have midwife services around me. I live in a pretty small town, and unless we wanted to deliver over 1hr away, I don’t think I would have the option. I’m excited to hear about your experience!

@Momma-B:  welcome!  I think the significance of your due date is awesome!! I’ve been having some mild cramping too, but nothing major. As long as you’re not spotting, the cramping is normal. 

The topic ‘September 2013 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors