(Closed) September 2013 Bees – Your December To Do List

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Aaas! Just read what everyone accomplished in November, and now I’m totally stressed! We just got engaged in November, wedding date is 9/8/13. We have the venue, e which does its own catering and cake. I’ve met/ have meetings scheduled with photographers and florists. My mom is coming into town this weekend for dress shopping.

so, before Christmas I’d like to:

• Book a photographer and schedule an an engagement shoot

• Book a florist

• Book an officiant ( which is tricky b/c I want an episcopal priest, which seems to be hard to arrange outside of a church)

• Find my dress! Dexpending how this first trip goes, this may move to Jan/feb)

i think I already have an idea of who ill use for ceremony musicians, and we are talking ab sing an iPod for the reception ( bad idea?). I think after that the big things will be done and Ill start to feel caught up with the rest of you! Busy month…

Post # 4
5001 posts
Bee Keeper

Wow, I can’t believe it’s December!! 

Here’s what we’ve done: venue (has its own catering), found dress, photographer, wedding planner, engagement pics, and ordered save-the-dates.

This month we are meeting with a travel agent to try to start planning our honeymoon, interviewing some officiants, addressing save-the-dates, picking up my dress, and trying to make some progress on bridesmaids dresses. Not too much since the holidays are coming up! Next thing we know it will be 2013!!

Post # 6
95 posts
Worker bee

Hoping to find our photographer this month.  That’s our big one.  We are deciding if we want to do a photo booth or not as favors, and I’m going dress shopping for the first time on Friday!  AHHH!  We have our church, offciant, venue (they cater) and our DJ.  Next month is our local bridal fair so I’m hoping I can pick a bakery then!  

Post # 7
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

I think it will be fairly quiet for me, although we may register at ONE store just so I can get it out of my system lol. 

I do have ONE large event though… this saturday, I’m going with my mom, my Maid/Matron of Honor and best friend since we were born, and her mother (who is best friends with my mom since THEY were 12) to go SEE MY DRESS!!!!! The seamstress is finished with the main part of the bodice and we’ll be taking along “details” to see what we like (and hopefully I’ll have a crinoline so I can get her hemmed! I’m so excited. It’s also our 25th annual Cookie Day, a tradition our mothers have had ever since they became pregnant with us.

I’ll finally be able to really picture what the dress will be like when it is finished! 

I think my planning (and doing DIY projects) will kick back into a higher gear come Jan!

Post # 8
473 posts
Helper bee

Our venue has been booked since August, we booked our photographer in September, and I purchased my dress a couple of weeks ago. Room block has been done as well. I’m a very decisive person and don’t waste my time!

Sent in the deposit for the DJ today, talked to an officiant last week (we’ll meet after the holidays). Flowers will be taken care of whenever.

My plan is to get everything done and then just coast through 2013.

Post # 9
212 posts
Helper bee

All our big ticket things are booked, so my December goals are to:

-find a day (in February – my ladies are busy!) to go bridesmaid dress shopping

-meet with our day of coordinator for our initial meeting (we won her services at an auction, so we just need to sign the contract)

-start planning music

-and get the save the dates addressed and ready to go.

Post # 10
1144 posts
Bumble bee

Here is mine:

• Look into decorators
  • Consider day of coordination packages
  • Look into registering for pre-marital course
  • Look into florist

None of it is super urgent but I hope to get some of it done between work and the holidays!

Post # 11
130 posts
Blushing bee

Hello September Bees!

Here is what we have done: picked date (which is also our dating anniversary!), booked venues, completed our pre-marital counseling w. our church (8wks course that we did this summer…pretty awesome!), started guestlist, picked colors & theme, picked bridal party, launched wedding website, “Said yes to the dress”, picked flowers that i would like, found a dj, booked cake maker (who also did our engagement party cake), made & ordered save the dates, & started working on invitations. 

This month our taks are:

A) Send out Save the Dates

B) Book a photographer (we had booked photographers 2x and then decided against themFrown)

C) Find a florist (in our budget!)

D) Decide on wedding favors

Post # 13
130 posts
Blushing bee

@jd2012:  Thank you! Our ceremony is in Silver Spring!!! Why RI?

Post # 15
2401 posts
Buzzing bee

We’ve booked all of our major vendors (venue, caterer, DJ, and photographer), done our pictures, and bought some of our centerpieces. Oh, and I’ve got my dress paid for. 

So, we are super ahead of scheudle. We are taking the month off to continue to save money (we are about 1/2 way to our goal), look at flights for our European honeymoon, and enjoy the holidays without thinking about the wedding. 

Oh! I guess my one “to-do” is to get addresses of our STD recepients. 

Post # 16
9601 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I have already done: booked venue, photographer, florist, cake, DJ, makeup/hair stylist, officiant.  I’ve already purchased my dress, shoes, earrings, and veil.  Picked colors and have my Save-The-Date Cards ready.  I’ve also already registered at 3 places and started the website.

To Do for December:

• Reserve room blocks at hotel(s)
  • Reserve our own hotel rooms for Fri/Sat night
  • Collect addresses for the guest list
  • finish the website (so it will be ready for when I mail out Save-The-Date Cards next month)
  • finalize dates for bridal shower and bachelorette (since one of my ladies needs to know before the New Year)

I really might not get the hotel stuff done until next month though!

The topic ‘September 2013 Bees – Your December To Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors