(Closed) september 2013 brides show your dress

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Show us your dress? The pic is the sample, which was a little small, I can’t wait to see it when it comes in!! 

Are you making alterations to it? Nothing significant, just adjustments to ensure it fits perfectly

Who is the designer? Pnina Tornai

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? Its exactly what I wanted, before going dress shopping, I was in love with a Kenneth Pool dress that was discontinued, this one has so many similar qualities!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   No

Has he seen your dress? No

Post # 4
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Show us your dress? Picture of it on the model

Are you making alterations to it? I’m adding cap sleeves

Who is the designer? Alfred Angelo (Sapphire Collection)

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? I knew I wanted something with a big skirt, but I had imagined myself in tulle type ballgown dress

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   No

Has he seen your dress? No

Post # 5
506 posts
Busy bee

Man…am I sucking at being  a bride? I haven’t even THOUGHT about looking at dresses…I just no it won’t be white. How did y’all get it done so quickly!! Props.

Post # 6
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Show us your dress? 

Are you making alterations to it? I’m having it hemmed and bustled, putting in bra cups, and possibly nipping the top in if it still gaps even with cups

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I thought I did, but I went for something very different

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes, I wanted something slim but I was in love with the idea of having a lace cap sleeve.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   Yes

Has he seen your dress? Not that I know of. If he peeked, he’s in trouble!

Post # 7
2448 posts
Buzzing bee

Show us your dress? I’m wearing the store sample. It is a very large sample, even clipped. Please ignore the thing on my head.

Are you making alterations to it? Absolutely, when it comes in it will need to be nipped at the waist so it’s not hanging like a blouse, it will need to be hemmed, etc.

Who is the designer? Jenny Packham

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Absolutely not.

Is this what you expected/wanted? No. I had a budget and a plan. Those all went out the window. No one was surprised though, I have a background in apparel so fabric and construction are extremely important to me.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   Not really, he knows it’s definitely not a ballgown though, even he said i was not a ballgown-type person.

Has he seen your dress? No, and he won’t until the wedding.

Post # 8
21 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? So this is me in my beautiful dress!

Are you making alterations to it? don’t think so. might need to be taken it next year I HOPE

Who is the designer? Pina Fiorenza

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? nothing like it at all! Iwanted lace and trumpet, slim fitting. THen i wanted tulle and empire waist. But i put this gown on and cried I loved how it felt and the beading on the bodice is amazing

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   he’s seen lots of pics and managed to see this one (not on me though!) and mentioned he loved it, luckily as i’d already brought her hehe

Has he seen your dress? Not on me, and being i guy i think he has no idea what it’ll look like on me ;P

Post # 9
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Franklin Plaza

Show us your dress? This is the dress (a pic that I found online), I can’t get mine to upload yet.

2012 Alfred Angelo Disney collection?? :  wedding 2012 1 alfred angelo disney fairy tale DSCF0596

Are you making alterations to it? I might have to get the dress shortened a bit depending on the shoes I pick (I’m only 5’4″).   

Who is the designer? Alfred Angelo (Disney Fantasy Collection)

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Definitely not

Is this what you expected/wanted? I had no idea what I wanted going into it, I went in with a very open mind.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   No

Has he seen your dress? No

Post # 10
1512 posts
Bumble bee

Show us your dress?

Are you making alterations to it? Yes. I’m 5’2″ [5’6″ with my shoes] and it’s made for someone over 6′, I swear. Plus, I need it taken in a good couple dress sizes. I’m super petite and the smallest size was too big.

Who is the designer? It’s Gallina Signature from David’s Bridal

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I bought my dress almost two years before we got engaged [it’s a long story]

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yep. I fell in love the first time I saw it. It was the first dress I tried on [tried four more just to be sure], and we paid the deposit that very day.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He’s seen pictures of it, but that was back when I bought it.

Has he seen your dress? Nope, and that’s his decision.

Post # 11
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Show us your dress?

On the model

on me:

Are you making alterations to it? Yes, I wasn’t a fan of the sash that came with the dress and it’s position… so I’m seeing if the dress can be made without it and I found this nice grey bow sash at the store and I loved it!  May add a little bling in the center of the bow… or keep how it is.. not sure yet!

Who is the designer? Jim Hjelm Blush

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Not at all

Is this what you expected/wanted? Oh this is FAR from what I expected.  I always thought I would get a mermaid or trumphet style dress…. never ever did I think I’d go for a ball gown.  I’ve never been a ball gown type. 

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   He does not know… but I am a little worried because he always told me strapless corset lace reminds him of lingerie and he doesn’t like that…. I’m hoping I can change his mind on the wedding day!!! =x

Has he seen your dress? Nope!  But he has seen a picture of me in a similar one.

Post # 12
2401 posts
Buzzing bee

Show us your dress? 

Are you making alterations to it? Probably take a little bit off the hemline and add sleeves to it. But nothing major. 

Who is the designer? Something from David’s Bridal. I couldn’t care less about the dress, to be honest. 

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I had the style picked. I wanted short, vintage style with lace. 

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yep. This fit all the categories and was in my price range. 

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?  I showed him all the dressed I tried on at Davids and asked him what dress he thinks I picked. He picked this one. LOL. 

Has he seen your dress? Not in person.

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Post # 14
344 posts
Helper bee

Show us your dress? Here she is on the model.  Mine are below.

Are you making alterations to it? Debating on dropping the waist a bit more and it needs to be taken up a tad

Who is the designer? Enzoani Blue

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope!

Is this what you expected/wanted? Kinda!  It is what I always thought I’d wear and then I got into the mermaid craze but still ended up princess 🙂

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   I’ve slipped a few times and said “it’s big!”

Has he seen your dress? Nope

Post # 15
473 posts
Helper bee

I posted a thread elsewhere with my dress pics (me in the sample) so here it is: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/nicole-miller-dress-i-found-it-already

Are you making alterations to it? Yes. It’s obviously too long and I am going to do something with the neckline. A slight dip will make my boobs rock!

Who is the designer? Nicole Miller

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I never thought about weddings until I got engaged.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Pretty much. I’m not into the whole wedding dress thing, so I knew I wanted Nicole Miller.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   I keep showing him pictures of dresses I like.

Has he seen your dress? Yes, but it’s okay because the finished product will look nothing like the current pictures of me in the sample.

Post # 16
30 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? This is IT!!!! I love it SOOO much.  Two appts to find it and I had my moment with my Mom and sister where we were all crying an giggling.  It was perfect!

Are you making alterations to it? This is the sample, which is two sizes to big and theres so many clips on my back, so YES! And I don’t know but I think I’ll need some boob cups put in too to make sure the girls are supported.

Who is the designer? No idea!

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No way

Is this what you expected/wanted? I had two different (completely different) styles picked out, and I had only tried on the other style (mermaid tight rouched top and poofy bottom) and I felt so discouraged because it wasn’t anything that I even liked.  I tried on one other v neck, and then my sister pulled this one.  Love at first sight!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   No way

Has he seen your dress? NO WAY!!! I’m the opposite of traditional, but this might be the only one i keep!! I want to see him see it the first time when I’m walking down the aisle.

The topic ‘september 2013 brides show your dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors